Assisted Conception and LTTTC - Due in 2013/2014

First and Sweet - so sorry that you are having the stress of bleeding. Hopefully a day of rest has cleared it up :hugs:

I'm hoping someone can offer some insight for me... I switched to climara estrogen patches because i wasn't keeping the pills down... but when i looked it up it says do not take while pregnant because of birth defects... why would my doctor put me on it. Also, i'm not getting the patches until tonight... do I skip all my pills today and put the patches on tonight or not? My RE office is closed and the pharmacist doesn't know the answer.

I'm hoping someone can offer some insight for me... I switched to climara estrogen patches because i wasn't keeping the pills down... but when i looked it up it says do not take while pregnant because of birth defects... why would my doctor put me on it. Also, i'm not getting the patches until tonight... do I skip all my pills today and put the patches on tonight or not? My RE office is closed and the pharmacist doesn't know the answer.

Hey BabyD, I think the climara patch is similar to the vivelle dot patch. Do you put it on and change them every 3 days? I usually put them on after my shower in the morning (once my skin is dry). So if I were you I would take your pills today and then move to the patch tomorrow morning.

Hi Ladies :hi:

I'm freaking out a little bit here.. I haven't had MS all weekend, I haven't even felt pregnant. What is going on? I'm so worried that my little bean is no longer growing :dohh: Has anyone else had these periods where you don't feel pregnant? I have another US on Wednesday, hopefully everything is OK.

BabyD - I'm on the Estrace pills and they have the same warning on the bottle about do not take while pregnant. Same for the progesterone shots I take. I think it's different for IVF because we're not making our own estrogen and progesterone we need the extra. what time do you take your meds? if it's early then I would take the pills and hen switch to patches tomorrow. You want to try to the meds around the same time every day.

Ali - that describes my symptoms exactly they come and go and some days if I didn't have the PIO shots and meds to remind me I wouldn't even know I was pregnant. Sounds like your body is just getting adjusted to the higher hormone levels and your nausea is leveling out. Did you end up taking Zofran for the nausea?

Ali - I wouldn't worry. Be thankful that your MS has gone away. Everyone has different lengths and strengths of symptoms. I had 4 days of MS and one of my friends had 6 months. Your scans have been great, so I wouldn't worry.

For what it's worth, I have a bump the size of a basketball and have days I don't feel pregnant because I don't feel much that day. It's all part of being pregnant.

Breath. Talk to your bub. And reassure yourself that all is ok :hugs:

Thanks Ladies!!!

I haven't taken the zofran since Friday but I will take it again if necessary. Only problem is that it wipes me out!

Ali: when I was at about your stage, I had no symptoms for 2-3 days. But everything was fine and the nausea eventually came back.

AFM, no spotting since last night. Yay!

Ali: when I was at about your stage, I had no symptoms for 2-3 days. But everything was fine and the nausea eventually came back.

First! Yep it did, back last night and this morning, which is good, but bad! LOL! I woke up feeling like a truck ran over me. I think I'm happier if I can sleep in and get up around 9:30, but alas it is the work week and I do have a job! It was nice to feel mostly normal during the weekend though.

Glad your spotting is gone, that is great!!! Are you going to call the FS and ask them about it?

Hey all... woah what a weekend... I was in the ER for dehydration.. they gave me IV fluids and Reglan and upped my dose of Zofran and I do feel a bit better.. I'm not throwing up since yesterday so far and the patches vs pills are amazing. I think the estradiol pills made me even more sick. Anyhow... I went in for my sono this morning and the heart was beating at 156 bpm! and it was measuring 2 days ahead which she said could be just how she's measuring but it's perfect. So i'm released to my OB... unfortunately I have to wait two whole weeks for a sono. I may have an anxiety attack. We're so monitored for these cycles that when we have to wait my initial thought is what if something goes wrong in the next two weeks!

First! Yep it did, back last night and this morning, which is good, but bad! LOL! I woke up feeling like a truck ran over me. I think I'm happier if I can sleep in and get up around 9:30, but alas it is the work week and I do have a job! It was nice to feel mostly normal during the weekend though.

Glad your spotting is gone, that is great!!! Are you going to call the FS and ask them about it?

Thanks for reminding me. I just sent an email to the nurse.

Yeah, most days I wish I didn't have to go to work. I've been taking off lots of time, but I'm running out of vacation days :growlmad:

Hey all... woah what a weekend... I was in the ER for dehydration.. they gave me IV fluids and Reglan and upped my dose of Zofran and I do feel a bit better.. I'm not throwing up since yesterday so far and the patches vs pills are amazing. I think the estradiol pills made me even more sick. Anyhow... I went in for my sono this morning and the heart was beating at 156 bpm! and it was measuring 2 days ahead which she said could be just how she's measuring but it's perfect. So i'm released to my OB... unfortunately I have to wait two whole weeks for a sono. I may have an anxiety attack. We're so monitored for these cycles that when we have to wait my initial thought is what if something goes wrong in the next two weeks!

YIKES.. sorry to hear that your MS was getting that bad! :dohh: I hear some women get hit pretty hard. Mine pretty much disappeared most of the weekend, but it is back now :nope:
Yes, I quite like the patches, they are easy to deal with and I haven't had any side effects. Why are you still using estrogen supplementation? :shrug: Aren't you a few weeks ahead of me? If so, I don't think you need the estrogen supplementation much longer. My FS said that since my placenta was looking great, that they were going to take me off of it this week at 8 weeks.
I know this is going to be a difficult 2 weeks, but think about it this way.. your baby is measuring 2 days ahead, and your FS feels confident with your progress that he is discharging you to your OB! That is all good! It means you are becoming a regular pregnant woman! :happydance: It is fantastic news!!!

Thanks for reminding me. I just sent an email to the nurse.

Yeah, most days I wish I didn't have to go to work. I've been taking off lots of time, but I'm running out of vacation days :growlmad:

Luckily I can work from home, and have been doing so all but 1-2 days a week. :haha: It helps, as I can take a break at lunch and lie down. Sitting upright seems to make my nausea worse, that and squishing my belly against the desk. Sitting here right now, I have dry heaves, and am just feeling like :sick: Here is hoping that the nausea goes away for good in a few more weeks!

Thanks Ali- She said I have to be on the progesterone and estrogen until week nine, so 14 more days.. but who's counting? They do this for all their medicated FET....I wish it was only one more week! I'm 7w1d today.

Thanks Ali- She said I have to be on the progesterone and estrogen until week nine, so 14 more days.. but who's counting? They do this for all their medicated FET....I wish it was only one more week! I'm 7w1d today.

I think it depends on the placenta and how it is growing, or maybe it is just FS personal preference? :shrug: Mine said week 8 for estrogen, and week 10 for progesterone. :haha: Well the patches make it way easier to do the progesterone! I hope they don't cause you any more grief!

Hey ladies hope everyone is doing great. I can quit taking Meds at 12 weeks (except my blood thinner shots) I think every RE is different.

Ali- that's how my nausea is ..... If I sleep in its not that bad but if I get up early for work etc I have it.

First- glad you haven't had any more spotting.

Baby- glad your feeling better!

AFM- waiting for July 3rd for my 9+5 ultrasound then released to high risk doc. Getting anxious. My work just got a brand new ultrasound machine so might have to take a peak this fri. ... Hmmmmm idk

Hey ladies hope everyone is doing great. I can quit taking Meds at 12 weeks (except my blood thinner shots) I think every RE is different.

Ali- that's how my nausea is ..... If I sleep in its not that bad but if I get up early for work etc I have it.

First- glad you haven't had any more spotting.

Baby- glad your feeling better!

AFM- waiting for July 3rd for my 9+5 ultrasound then released to high risk doc. Getting anxious. My work just got a brand new ultrasound machine so might have to take a peak this fri. ... Hmmmmm idk

Yes, I think you are right, each FS is different with respect to how long you have to take the supplements. I'm going to try to nail them down on dates when I see mine on Wednesday as I only have 4 patches left that I'll have to put on on Wednesday and they only last 3 days, so by Saturday I'll be without! I have 6-7 days of PIO shots left, so I'll probably need to order another 2-4 vials, and I want to know how many, each vial has 5 days.

I also need to figure out what the deal is with my IVIG infusions, FS said he wanted me to get one ASAP like later this week? But then his nurse was saying next week? I'm supposed to get 3 more, at 8 weeks, 12 weeks and 16 weeks. Problem is that I'm going to be in Canada for the 12 week one and I'm not sure if I can get it done up there? :shrug: I'll need to either double up and do one before I go, or delay and do it right when I get home :shrug: I worry about delaying as I don't want to lose the baby if I do :nope: But at $2600 an infusion I really don't want to do extra either! :wacko: UGH.

So can you have someone scan you with the new US machine? I would LOVE to be able to do that!!!! I keep having doubts and wish I had a US machine!! :haha: I am totally getting a doppler as soon as it is time enough for me to be able to use it! When does that happen? When can we start using a doppler?

I'm staying on estrogen and PIO until next week when I'll go in for blood work and they'll start tapering the meds. I'll be 9 weeks at that point.

BabyD - aww sorry you're so sick but I'm glad you went to the ER. I hope you're feeling better :hugs: Congrats on getting released to the OB!

First - so glad to hear your spotting has stopped!!

Ali - hope you can get the infusion figured out. Maybe you can work it out to have it done either right before or right after your Canada trip.

AFM - my first OB appointment is on Wednesday :happydance:. I hope I get to have an ultrasound but I have no idea if they will do one or not :shrug:

I'm staying on estrogen and PIO until next week when I'll go in for blood work and they'll start tapering the meds. I'll be 9 weeks at that point.

BabyD - aww sorry you're so sick but I'm glad you went to the ER. I hope you're feeling better :hugs: Congrats on getting released to the OB!

First - so glad to hear your spotting has stopped!!

Ali - hope you can get the infusion figured out. Maybe you can work it out to have it done either right before or right after your Canada trip.

AFM - my first OB appointment is on Wednesday :happydance:. I hope I get to have an ultrasound but I have no idea if they will do one or not :shrug:

WOW, so you are overlapping with OB and FS? I hope you do get to see your bean! As far as I'm concerned the more often I get to see the little one the better! :thumbup:

WOW, so you are overlapping with OB and FS? I hope you do get to see your bean! As far as I'm concerned the more often I get to see the little one the better! :thumbup:

RE released me to the OB last week. Next week's RE appt is just for blood work so they can start tapering my estrogen and PIO. I'm going to be soo happy to get rid of the PIO! They're not even that bad anymore but I'm also on Lovenox so it will be nice to go from two shots a night to one :)

I agree I want to see my little bean as much as possible!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->