Assisted Conception and LTTTC - Due in 2013/2014

Thanks for the tips, Em! I've got a lot to learn.

Sweetness: I have nausea less often, but it still comes just as strong. Today, I had the nuchal translucency test. The baby's neck looks fine, but they don't know the results until the bloodwork is done (1-2 weeks). The results will be a probability of Down Syndrome. At my age, the chances are 1 in 120, but this test will tell me my baby's specific chances to a 95% confidence level. If it were like 1 in 1500, that would be awesome, but that's unlikely at my age. I'd be thrilled with 1 in 500, based on what the doctor said.

The baby was squirming around, moving its head and arms and legs. We could see the fingers and toes. It was turning over as we watched. It was pretty awesome!

Good luck for your appointment tomorrow, Sweetness! I'm sure it will go well.

That's sooo exciting. It's crazy watching something move like that in us. It's truly a blessing. Glad so far everything looks great. Now quest. DH and I are questioning if we want to have that test done be ause I hear it could cause a possible m/c is that true? And my appt is Tom at 230 so will update after we get home. And my nausea has actually been pretty good since 11 weeks. I have been taking my nausea med at night and seems to be a lot better in the morning I am just sooooooooooooo tired.

Baby- how are you??? When is your next scan???

Em- thanks for the website!!! My mom and MIL have dibs on coming and stating with me after the twins are born so I'm sure they will both have lots of insite lol

Wanna- hope all is going well with you!!

Thanks for the tips, Em! I've got a lot to learn.

Sweetness: I have nausea less often, but it still comes just as strong. Today, I had the nuchal translucency test. The baby's neck looks fine, but they don't know the results until the bloodwork is done (1-2 weeks). The results will be a probability of Down Syndrome. At my age, the chances are 1 in 120, but this test will tell me my baby's specific chances to a 95% confidence level. If it were like 1 in 1500, that would be awesome, but that's unlikely at my age. I'd be thrilled with 1 in 500, based on what the doctor said.

The baby was squirming around, moving its head and arms and legs. We could see the fingers and toes. It was turning over as we watched. It was pretty awesome!

Good luck for your appointment tomorrow, Sweetness! I'm sure it will go well.

That's sooo exciting. It's crazy watching something move like that in us. It's truly a blessing. Glad so far everything looks great. Now quest. DH and I are questioning if we want to have that test done be ause I hear it could cause a possible m/c is that true? And my appt is Tom at 230 so will update after we get home. And my nausea has actually been pretty good since 11 weeks. I have been taking my nausea med at night and seems to be a lot better in the morning I am just sooooooooooooo tired.

Sweetness: this is not a test that increases the chances of m/c. The CVS test does. This is the nuchal translucency (NT). It's just a normal ultrasound (but takes a long time because baby has to get in the right position for measuring) plus a blood test (your blood). It was funny, the technician was poking my belly to make baby move so she could measure the nuchal fold.

If the NT shows an increased chance of Down Syndrome or other genetic problem, then you decide whether to do a CVS or amnio, both of which have (I think) a 1% chance of causing m/c.

Plus, our doctor told us of a new blood test that costs $2000, but will only cost $200 with insurance. That test will tell with 99% accuracy your risk of Down Syndrome and a few other things. We went for it. It will also tell us the SEX!!! But the results take up to 2 weeks.

My fatigue has tapered off now. They say the second trimester is the most comfortable. I think it starts after week 13. Looking forward to it!

First - that is the same test my OB mentioned. She said it's called maternit21 and I think there is another one called Harmony. I'm having the nuchal translucency done next week and will probably do the maternit21 too since it's noninvasive. Great that you got to see your LO again :)

Sweetness - good luck today!

AFM - I had another bleeding scare late yesterday afternoon. I called my OB and since the office was closed they told me to go the nearest ER. What an experience that was!! The ER doctor did an ultrasound and everything was fine with the baby. She was moving around like crazy and her heartbeat was strong. Of course they couldn't find a reason for the bleeding. Anyway, not sure if anyone has been to a NYC ER but I don't recommend it. Luckily it wasn't that packed when I got there but I hope I never have to go back.

Morning ladies.. happy to hear everyone is doing so well!

I wanted to check in and say HI :hi:

I'm finally getting the results of my MC today. Will let you know how it all goes, we'll also decide what is next.. another FET? Or another fresh IVF? I'm undecided about it. I've been reading a lot about CCRM, and their amazing success with women over 40. They use a supplement cocktail of the following:

L-Arginine
CoQ10
Melatonin
Myo Inositol
DHEA (for poor responders)

They also use CCS, and do freeze all cycles and use a special method for selecting sperm for ICSI, it's called IMSI. It improves the chances of the sperm being chromosomally correct.

So if I do a fresh cycle, I'll be trying to mimic this.
I've also been reading about alternative means of suppressing NK cells as well. So I plan in discussing all of this today.

I'll let you know how it goes!

Sorry for your scare Em! I hate going to any ER; it is always an ordeal and time consuming. Are you following up with your OB?

Good luck Ali!!! Hope you get some answers and get a plan in place!

Em - great tips. We have been given some of the swaddle things as friends swear by them. We also bought a solid wood crib but will have to see what it's painted with - now I'm worried. I'll buy some of the plastic rail covers for it as I've heard babies like to chew the rails. I also did my stroller research and went with an Uppababy Vista - being delivered today!! So excited. A friend of mine also sent me a hospital packing list that had a ton of great advice - I will post it when home on my computer. I also hope your bleeding goes away - how terrible for you.

First - I was nervous for my nuchal because of my age (I will be 40 next month) and mine came back at 1 in 1900. Very relieved. I didn't do any other tests. I don't think we have the ones you referred to here in Australia and I wasn't about to do an amnio - too risky.

Ali - good luck with your next round. I hope it's all good news!!

Oh, Em, I'm sorry to hear that. It's terrifying when things like that happen. Glad everything looks okay.

Em- sorry o here that happened again. Crazy they are not sure where. It's coming from. Guess that's good news as opposed to bad :). Prob coming from the cervix ESP since your extra vascular now maybe it gets irritated easy. That was one reason my re gave me

Mich- getting soooo close any time now and you get to meet the new guys:)

Wanna- hope all is going well with you.

Ali- I posted in the other but like I said you seem to know a lot and have a good idea. Having positive feelings for your next one.

First- ooooo I got you. I was thinking of the other test. Well glad you got that done!! And you will know the sex sooooon. How exciting!!!!

AFM- appt went great def exhausting between urine, blood work, ultrasound doc. I go back in 3 weeks for more. Babies both again looked great. And both kept resting their hands on their head. And moving like crazy. They both measure ahead. She Checked my cervix and it looked good. Also starting to show. Crazy as I'm 12 weeks fri. You can see a huge difference in my 10 week to 11 week. Plus doc said with twins it's about the time. So excited and cont to pray daily.

Wannabeemum - those rail covers sound like a good idea either way since they would be kinder on baby's gums than chewing on wood. We looked at the Uppababy Vista too it's such a great stroller and it's super popular here in nyc. I would love to see the hospital packing list :)

First - I'm glad your fatigue is tapering off I can't wait for that :). How exciting you're going to know the sex soon!!

Sweetness - sounds like a great appointment! Do you have new pics?

AFM - still have some spotting but I'll take it over the heavier bleeding any day. Thanks for all of your support.

Em- yes I have a profile pic of both of them I will see if I can download them. They are kinda hard to see but once you can you see their head nose lips. She also gave me a pic of their elbows and hands. It's crazy because they are soooo tiny but they have little fingers toes etc

em HAPPY 11 WEEKS :wohoo:

I am so sorry to hear that you had another bleed :hugs: but so glad to hear that all is okay with baby :)

:hi: to everyone else :)

Here is another profile from the other baby

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 5
Scerena - thank you!!! Hope you're doing well.

Sweetness - great pics, thanks for sharing! It's so amazing how much they change so quickly :)

Wow, Sweetness, those are great pics. I see why the do a profile. I only have pics from the front and baby still looks like an alien from that angle.

Em- yes it is crazy. I'm ready for my next one lol

First- on your next ultrasound see if she will do a profile pic

Hey ladies! Glad to hear everyone is doing well. I've been away again with family so missed a bit. All in all sounds like you're all good and babes are developing nicely! It's crazy that you're all doing the nuchal screening and even the maternity21 for some. Pretty early on my hubby and I decided not to do any of that. We knew it wouldn't change our minds about keeping the pregnancy and didn't want to worry about a probability knowing we would never do anything invasive like cvs. But I can understand wanting to know too. Exciting to see you girls getting close to second tri!! Wannabe you'll be at your due date in no time!

Ali hope your appt went well. Let us know how you made out. :)

Hi L4hope!

Yes my appt went as well as can be expected. We're going to retest my AMH and day 3 bloods (when I get my period). We tested my DHEA, and re-tested my NK Cells. We discussed the options and it was decided that I really need to do the CCS (chromosomal testing on my embryos) before we put any others back. I didn't think it was cost effective to only test the 2 :cold: I have, so I opted for 1 more fresh IVF and we'll test all of them plus the 2 :cold: I have. If either of the 2 :cold: I have are good, they'll be transferred back during the IVF cycle (we can't freeze them again). However all of the others we get from the fresh will be frozen for a future cycle. I believe my body does better without all the estrogen from the fresh IVF so FET's are better for me. So that is our plan! I'm also taking a bunch of supplements that are known to improve egg quality, and the fresh IVF will likely be in Sept, maybe Oct.

Glad you had some time away, and are doing well!

Hey Ali! It sounds like you have a good plan in place. I agree that FETs make for a better environment for implantation. Not that women don't get pregnant during fresh cycles, but it just seems like for many it gives us a better chance doing FET. So once you get your next AF will you be starting or do you have your testing and start the following AF? You know we'll be here cheering you on!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->