Assisted Conception and LTTTC - Due in 2013/2014

L4 - welcome back hope you had a great time with your family! In my case even though we did PGD the genetic counselor we were required to meet with still recommended that we confirm the PGD results with an amnio. DH and I are not willing to do that or even CVS due to the risk of miscarriage. So we decided the maternit21 is best since it's non-invasive. I'm only doing the nuchal because I can have an extra ultrasound with it :). Otherwise I would have to wait until 16 weeks for the next ultrasound.

Em I hear you on the extra ultrasound with the nuchal and was VERY tempted. I had to wait from 9w5d to 20w1d between ultrasounds and it was torture. That time is hard cuz you don't have enough symptoms of being pregnant. I was dying to feel the baby move in that time. And after the fact I know I was feeling the baby at times but just not sure. I won't get any more ultrasounds unless there is an issue, but being able to feel the little one makes it easier to handle.

Ali - I didn't realize you might be transferring during the fresh cycle. That's such a good plan to group the frozens with the fresh for testing it will make it much more reasonable cost wise. We ended up doing ours separately because we didn't know for sure we would have to do a second cycle. Sept will be here before you know it! Hope you're enjoying your trip!

L4 - oh I keep forgetting you had that long wait between ultrasounds! I agree it will be so reassuring when I can finally feel movement. I can't wait for that! Have you used a doppler at all? Someone on another thread was talking about it and I'm considering getting one. DH is against it though so I don't know if I will. He's very concerned about having too many ultrasounds too.

Hey Ali! It sounds like you have a good plan in place. I agree that FETs make for a better environment for implantation. Not that women don't get pregnant during fresh cycles, but it just seems like for many it gives us a better chance doing FET. So once you get your next AF will you be starting or do you have your testing and start the following AF? You know we'll be here cheering you on!

I'm really not sure when we'll be doing this next fresh cycle other than to say it will be 2-3 months from now. The supplements are supposed to be taken for 3 months, and I haven't had AF since my D&C on Jun 27th, so I could be gearing up for it now, or my body could still be in a holding pattern. When I saw the FS last Wednesday he did an US and said he didn't see a corpus luteum and no dominant follicle, but my lining was 6.6mm. So to me that probably means that I was around day 5-6 back then? I'm really not sure? :shrug: If so, that puts me at day 10 today, I did a CBE digital OPK a few minutes ago and the test line is about 1/4 the darkness as the control line, so maybe I'm gearing up for ovulation? I really have no idea. I'll continue to do the OPKs to see if I can pinpoint where I am. Either that or AF will arrive, and then I'll be able to chart my cycle better.

L4 - oh I keep forgetting you had that long wait between ultrasounds! I agree it will be so reassuring when I can finally feel movement. I can't wait for that! Have you used a doppler at all? Someone on another thread was talking about it and I'm considering getting one. DH is against it though so I don't know if I will. He's very concerned about having too many ultrasounds too.

I did not do an at home Doppler though I kinda wanted one. Dh kept me calm and reassured. He was against it too thinking it could do more harm than good. Even the nurses at my appt took a while to find the heartbeat so then what if I'm using one at home and can't find it. Instead of reassurance I have panic. So I made it through without one. Bnb and my hubby helped a lot! You'll ha be to let me know if you get one. I do never get tired of hearing that beautiful heartbeat!

Hey Ali! It sounds like you have a good plan in place. I agree that FETs make for a better environment for implantation. Not that women don't get pregnant during fresh cycles, but it just seems like for many it gives us a better chance doing FET. So once you get your next AF will you be starting or do you have your testing and start the following AF? You know we'll be here cheering you on!

I'm really not sure when we'll be doing this next fresh cycle other than to say it will be 2-3 months from now. The supplements are supposed to be taken for 3 months, and I haven't had AF since my D&C on Jun 27th, so I could be gearing up for it now, or my body could still be in a holding pattern. When I saw the FS last Wednesday he did an US and said he didn't see a corpus luteum and no dominant follicle, but my lining was 6.6mm. So to me that probably means that I was around day 5-6 back then? I'm really not sure? :shrug: If so, that puts me at day 10 today, I did a CBE digital OPK a few minutes ago and the test line is about 1/4 the darkness as the control line, so maybe I'm gearing up for ovulation? I really have no idea. I'll continue to do the OPKs to see if I can pinpoint where I am. Either that or AF will arrive, and then I'll be able to chart my cycle better.

Ugh it's so annoying getting back to normal after a m/c. Hopefully AF will be here soon so you can get back on track and move forward.

Hi guys :wave:

I got back my screening results. Trisomy 13, 18, and 21 were not detected :dance:

I got back my screening results. Trisomy 13, 18, and 21 were not detected :dance:

YIPPEE!! That is great news :) :) :) It is something that as we get older, there is a higher risk, so knowing that all is well is a great feeling!

I won't have to do those tests, at least I don't think so, since they will be doing it on the embryos at day 5! At 40 (me) it is a bigger risk, so that is why I've opted to go this route, I wish I'd done it last fresh IVF.. ugh!

YIPPEE!! That is great news :) :) :) It is something that as we get older, there is a higher risk, so knowing that all is well is a great feeling!

I won't have to do those tests, at least I don't think so, since they will be doing it on the embryos at day 5! At 40 (me) it is a bigger risk, so that is why I've opted to go this route, I wish I'd done it last fresh IVF.. ugh!

Thank you, Ali!

It's awesome that they can test the embryos for these. That will eliminate one worry. Best of luck with this next cycle. It sounds like you have a great plan! You're next!!!

Thank you, Ali!

It's awesome that they can test the embryos for these. That will eliminate one worry. Best of luck with this next cycle. It sounds like you have a great plan! You're next!!!

I really hope so! Having that MC just about broke me. I was devastated :cry: Hopefully I'll get this next fresh IVF done before I turn 41! :wacko:

Thank you, Ali!

I really hope so! Having that MC just about broke me. I was devastated :cry: Hopefully I'll get this next fresh IVF done before I turn 41! :wacko:

I understand about the m/c. It's very difficult. It's good that you're getting back on the horse!

Ali - I am glad you are doing another cycle!! MC are very hard and I felt the same after mine, but once you start again, even though you will be cautiously optomistic, you know you can get pg proven by this last cycle, and it will work ;) Keep your chin up :hugs:

Ali - I am glad you are doing another cycle!! MC are very hard and I felt the same after mine, but once you start again, even though you will be cautiously optomistic, you know you can get pg proven by this last cycle, and it will work ;) Keep your chin up :hugs:

Overall I really haven't been that sad about the MC, just frustrated and upset, but with my age and everything else we've been battling I am fairly sure that it was chromosomal, and when that happens there is nothing you can do but try again. It was just bad luck! I'm going to give it a try again and this time we'll hopefully have better results!

Ali - :hugs: I felt the same way after my miscarriages. It's hard to imagine now but time passing does help. Hang in there you are on the right track with your next cycle and doing CCS.

I did not do an at home Doppler though I kinda wanted one. Dh kept me calm and reassured. He was against it too thinking it could do more harm than good. Even the nurses at my appt took a while to find the heartbeat so then what if I'm using one at home and can't find it. Instead of reassurance I have panic. So I made it through without one. Bnb and my hubby helped a lot! You'll ha be to let me know if you get one. I do never get tired of hearing that beautiful heartbeat!

Ah those are the exact reasons DH doesn't want me using one. I think I would absolutely lose it if I couldn't find the heartbeat and I've heard it's tricky finding it this early. So for now I think I'll just wait. My next ultrasound is on Friday and that should hold me over for a while :)

First great news on your test results!! Im sure its such a feeling if relief.

Em, exactly! No need to cause undue stress right now. Your little munchkin is doing great and I'm sure you'll be riding the high from seeing her on Friday for a while. I know I kept staring at my pics for days after. Plus you'll be monitored more closely right? So you'll never have to wait too long to hear/see your lo. :)

First - great news on your results - you must be so relieved!

Ali - you've got such a great attitude about this whole process. I hope AF gets here soon so you can get started again.

Em - I had a friend who had a Doppler and made so many trips to the hospital in a panic that she couldn't hear the heartbeat. I was tempted to get one but knew I'd become obsessed and panic if I didn't hear stuff. So I relied on my monthly OB visits and scans.

L4 - welcome back. I can't believe you're 26 weeks already. Where is the time going?! I hit week 31 tomorrow and am in a combined state of excitement and panic that I will have my baby with me in the next 6 or 7 weeks. How are you feeling?!!

Em: my OB asked me not to get a Doppler, but for the opposite reason. If something strange is happening, the baby is less active, etc, she doesnt want me to be reassured by the Doppler. She wants me to call her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->