Assisted Conception and LTTTC - Due in 2013/2014

Hi Wannabe! The time is certainly flying by now!!! I'm sure ill be getting nervous once I hit the 30 week countdown. Even though its a little scary it A LOT exciting too. Soon you'll be holding your lo in your arms. :)

Hi Wannabe! The time is certainly flying by now!!! I'm sure ill be getting nervous once I hit the 30 week countdown. Even though its a little scary it A LOT exciting too. Soon you'll be holding your lo in your arms. :)

It is all so surreal. Something we've been trying for for years and it's finally here. Going from little kicks to seeing my entire belly move as baby rolls around inside of there - it's amazing!!

Are you feeling ok?

Agreed, after all the trying and imaging if it will ever happen...just makes it hard to believe the reality is soon arriving!

I feel great. I really have no complaints other than getting tired on my feet if I'm on them for hours on end. But I'm just loving feeling the little one more and more!

Agreed, after all the trying and imaging if it will ever happen...just makes it hard to believe the reality is soon arriving!

I feel great. I really have no complaints other than getting tired on my feet if I'm on them for hours on end. But I'm just loving feeling the little one more and more!

I find the tiredness kicked in again over the past few weeks. I need 9-10 hours in order to function which basically means I get home from work, eat and go right to bed. I figure I should take advantage now because I will be completely sleep deprived in a month or two.

Are you having any back pain? My doctor thinks I'm having compressed nerves, and it is quite uncomfortable.

Thanks for your thoughts on the doppler. I've decided not to get one because I know I would just drive myself insane and end up making unnecessary trips to the hospital like Wannabe's friend yikes. First, you also made a great point about getting false reassurance from it too.

I have my 12 week OB appt today. I'm still spotting every day so I'm curious what my doctor will say about that but it's probably just the blood thinner I'm on.

Hope everyone is having a good day!

I think I can feel baby moving. I know it's really early and sometimes I'm not sure if it's gas. But sometimes, my body is really calm an then I feel little tiny flutters on the left side, where the baby is. Am I being overly optimistic?

Wannabe, I've been sleeping a lot right now too and it makes me feel bad. ESP since my hubby wakes up so early all the time and is so productive by the time I get up! But you're right we will certainly be sleep deprived very soon!! Actually just this week my lower back had gotten a little achey. I think it's my posture though as my belly is pushing out more. Sorry you are having issues. I had a friend who got sciatica when she was pregnant and it was very uncomfortable. Maybe the baby will shift and ease up on you. :hugs:

Em, good luck at your ultrasound today! Look forward to your update. I think it's a good call to not get the Doppler. We'll help keep you sane when you start to worry.

First, I think it might be a smidge too soon to feel the baby at this point, esp. with your first. But hey I guess anything is possible. I never felt anything until around 17 weeks but it was so few and far between that I wasn't quite sure it was. Not to mention my darn placenta is anterior adding extra cushion for the kicks. If you keep feeling the same feeling I'd say its prob the baby.

Em- good luck today!! I'm sure all will look great!!

First I have had3 times I had a quick like flutter right where the babies are last maybe 2-4 seconds. I think it ws the babies. Almost positve. But I will know for sure when I know for sure it's them and see if it's the same. I will be 13 weeks tomorrow. I have read a lot that with twins you feel them early like at 10 weeks.

L4- hope all is well getting closer to 30 weeks!!

AFM- cont to lose weight. Started at 147 now at 132. Had more vomiting yesterday first time i have vomited since 8 weeks. Also have had dental pain bad. Got a root canal today and getting another one next week. My peritanologist also prescribed me rantadine (stomach med) increased mybzofran and wants me to take it around the cook then phenergan in between. And I now have to drink ensure( yes it's for old people lol)

With my weight loss was nervous and my next ultrasound isn't til aug 7. So I was at work and decided to do an ultrasound on myself with the portable machine and both babies moving around. One was using both legs kicking at my sac towards the other baby. I think she was trying to get his attention. ( I think the jumpy one is a girl other is a boy). So crazy how much they move

Hope everyone else is doing great!

Em- good luck today!! I'm sure all will look great!!

First I have had3 times I had a quick like flutter right where the babies are last maybe 2-4 seconds. I think it ws the babies. Almost positve. But I will know for sure when I know for sure it's them and see if it's the same. I will be 13 weeks tomorrow. I have read a lot that with twins you feel them early like at 10 weeks.

L4- hope all is well getting closer to 30 weeks!!

AFM- cont to lose weight. Started at 147 now at 132. Had more vomiting yesterday first time i have vomited since 8 weeks. Also have had dental pain bad. Got a root canal today and getting another one next week. My peritanologist also prescribed me rantadine (stomach med) increased mybzofran and wants me to take it around the cook then phenergan in between. And I now have to drink ensure( yes it's for old people lol)

With my weight loss was nervous and my next ultrasound isn't til aug 7. So I was at work and decided to do an ultrasound on myself with the portable machine and both babies moving around. One was using both legs kicking at my sac towards the other baby. I think she was trying to get his attention. ( I think the jumpy one is a girl other is a boy). So crazy how much they move

Hope everyone else is doing great!

That's awesome, Sweetness!

Hi is it ok if I jump in here?

I went to the first trimester forums and it scared me so bad I ran away :(

We have been trying for 3.5 years with unexplained issues... and 1 loss. We did IVF and just got our BFP last week.

Super scared but having getting great 2nd beta results I just wanted to see how all the other LTTTC'ers with assisted conception were doing :)

First - that would be so great if you're feeling your LO this early! I can't wait to feel the little kicks.

Sweetness - wow that is a lot of weight to lose but glad you're on top of it with the meds and the Ensure. So cool that you can scan yourself at work.

Brandy - welcome and congrats again! I was scared from the first tri forums and also felt like I didn't fit in on the regular due date threads. I'm sure you will feel at home here.

AFM - Unfortunately I got some bad news at the OB yesterday :cry: I have a complete placenta previa which means my placenta is completely blocking my cervix. Normally the embryo implants at the top or on the side of uterus but somehow my little girl implanted near my cervix .

At least now I have a reason for all of the bleeding and spotting I'm experiencing. Placenta previas can sometimes move off the cervix as the uterus expands but my OB said this is highly unlikely due to the location of mine and the fact that it's a complete previa and not a partial.

This means I will most likely be on bed rest starting at 24 weeks but possibly sooner. If I have another major bleed I will be sent to the hospital and put on hospital bed rest. I'm at risk for preterm delivery because if I have a hemorrhage they will do a c-section immediately. No matter what I will have to have a c-section they do not attempt vaginal deliveries with a complete previa.

My OB stopped my Lovenox blood thinner for one week so we can try to get ahead of the bleeding. I have a lot of blood sitting on top of my cervix and she said the uterus and cervix get irritated from that and will try to expel it and can expel the entire pregnancy in the process :(.

I'm still kind of reeling from all of this. I'm trying to look at the bright side - at least my little girl is healthy now and we know what we're facing. She was moving all over on u/s yesterday it was so cute. She kept putting her hand up to her face and it looked like she was sucking her thumb. I just pray that I can get her here safely

Oh my EM!

What a thing to happen! Here we are trying so hard to get pregnant, doing IVF spending all this money what are the odds? :wacko: Your post sounds optimistic that all will be well, so keep the PMA and do what you need to do to keep this LO in there as long as possible! You know we are all rooting for you to have a beautiful little one! :hug:

I am so sorry to hear this, Em. This happened to my best friend with her second child, who is now a healthy 3 year old. It was a difficult pregnancy, but all three of her pregnancies were and mom and all three kids are great now.

I hope that you have an easy go of it and you and baby are healthy.

Em- so sorry to hear that. But lie first said it happens more then we know. My sister had it and my niece is 8 years old. So completely manageable. Why do they have you on lovenox??

Em I can only imagine how terrifying this is for you right now. We all worry enough as it is after struggling so much to get here. But like you said, you and the doctors know what you're facing. You will be monitored closely and they will do everything to keep your little girl safe and sound. We're all here for support! :hug:

wow I've missed a lot!
Dh and I bought a house and we've been packing and moving... that plus working and being exhausted hasn't been easy!!

I'm doing well! 11 weeks 5 days... everything seems to be going well! I have my triple screen test on Tuesday, and an anatomy scan... so I'm a bit anxious for that.. but so close to being out of this trimester!!

Em- So sorry to hear about the placenta previa.. but I know many people who have had successful (yet boring) pregnancies on bed rest! I'd start DVR-ing a bunch of random shows/movies! I have every bit of faith that this will all be OK. xo

First.. so happy your triple screen test came back great!! what a relief, right?

Hey to everyone else!! Sorry I haven't been around in a bit... I move officially on Wednesday so I'll be up and running again with my computer shortly thereafter!

To all my UK ladies... Congrats on the birth of the new Prince! Nice sized baby!

Hi Ladies, I think I know most of you from other threads. I'm excited to say that I finally made it to the pregnancy side of trying to conceive. Wednesday i had my first ultasound and found out its twins. Last night and this morning I'm having a little scare. TMI alert...when I wipe after going to the bathroom, I have a little bit of brown spotting. Nothing red or even dark brown. Do you think it could be something from the ultrasound, like my cervix was irritated? Just a nervous wreck! I'll call my RE in a bit, but they are 3 1/2 hours away so I can't just pop in. Thanks to the weekend, I'll be able to rest for the next couple of days.

Welcome Mells! Congratulations, Twins!! :happydance:
I wouldn't worry too much about brown spotting as long as there's no cramps and no red blood. I had a lot of brown spotting at the start of my pregnancy, I think it's really common with IVF pregnancies and even more so with twin pregnancies too. :flower:

Thanks for your support everyone. First and Sweet - thanks for sharing those stories it really helps to hear that others have been through this. I spent yesterday worrying and googling but I'm feeling much better now and have a PMA again :).

Mells - yay so glad you joined over here!! I agree with Wellsk brown spotting is probably nothing to worry about and could just be your cervix irritated from the u/s. I know how scary it is to see any blood though :hugs: You should still follow up with your RE on Monday they might want you to come back in and have another u/s if it continues.

BabyD - congrats on the move that is so exciting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->