Assisted Conception and LTTTC - Due in 2013/2014

Em, I'm sorry to hear about your worries, but I'm so glad that you are staying positive. My sister in law also had placenta previa. They did put her on bed rest until she got a little bigger and the placenta did move away from the cervix. My nephew is 6 and more active than ever.

Mells: I had a little brown spotting and then a little red. It totally freaked me out. But it turned out fine. On u/s, they found a small bleed where the placenta attached to the uterus, but said that is not uncommon. It went away by the next u/s.

We are all battle worn here, so it's hard not to stress. But after my 8 week u/s, my RE said since I made it that far, there was a 95% chance of live birth. That's pretty high!

Mells- bleeding is actually very common in pregnancy esp with twins. I have had every color of blood. Brown, dark dark red,bright red, even bright red with clots. All happened from 7-8 1/2 weeks. They did see a small bleed but went away. I'm also on blood thinners that can cause it too. And with twins we are extra vascular and more prone to bleeding. So try not to stress

Thanks Sweet! I'm on baby aspirin as a blood thinner and I didn't even think of that. Also, talked to the nurse and she was not at all concerned. Just scary to see. I've waited so long to get here that it's hard not to think the worst. I still have it but not much.

Mells - congrats!!! Fantastic news on your twins!!

Baby - good luck with your move! How exciting!

Em - I also have placenta previa. I was in the hospital at 15 weeks with a major bleed and was monitored every week for a month to ensure the bleed didn't reoccur. I was also told to slow down a bit (I travel weekly for work). Since then I've been fine with no bleeds (knock on wood) and have managed to avoid the dreadful bed rest. And I'm now 32 weeks and baby is doing great. Like your doctor said, the placenta may still shift as baby grows. Keep that PMA and know that you're not alone. Take the rest when you need it (and can get it).

Mells- Very happy to hear that the symptoms have subsided! When I got those high HCG #'s I started reading up in case I do have more than 1 implanted. Bleeds were the most common theme. I know I would freak if it were me too but hopefully you can find reassurance from the others that have experienced it.

AFM- I cant stay awake its horrible. I am normally a go getter but seriously being awake for more than 2 hours at a time is a chore. I fall asleep sitting up even! I have slept about 19 of the last 24 hours. This all began 2 days ago luckily on a weekend. I have no idea how I am going to make it through this stage at work though since I have a desk job!

Anyone know if it could have anything to do with the excessive amount of progesterone? I am currently doing the shots as well as the capsules 3x a day.

Brandy, I have a desk job too, so I feel you! I have to get up and walk around regularly to get the blood flowing to my feet and my brain. It has been difficult as I come home and go right to bed. Hoping it gets better soon.
I've been nervous that my symptoms have subsided, but truth is they're there! I pee constantly!!!!!

Brandy, I have a desk job too, so I feel you! I have to get up and walk around regularly to get the blood flowing to my feet and my brain. It has been difficult as I come home and go right to bed. Hoping it gets better soon.
I've been nervous that my symptoms have subsided, but truth is they're there! I pee constantly!!!!!

Well I am hoping I am just a lucky one because I dont have alot of symptoms other than the excessive sleep! My breasts arent that tender and I have always peed alot so thats not a new symptom for me haha. :dohh:

Hope everyone else is doing well!

Hey Mells, congrats to making your way to the bfp side of this journey to baby!! So happy for you and very exciting that you have twins. Glad to hear your bleeding has gotten better. Any blood while pregnant has got to be the scariest thing, even if we know its normal.

BabyD, congrats on your new home. Very exciting and also exciting to be making it to second tri!!

Em that's great you have found others with placenta previa to give you hope. Wannabe is right here and almost fully cooked!! When I had my last ultrasound at 9w5d the tech nonchalantly mentioned I had placenta previa obviously freaking me out. But when I had my 20 week scan it had moved up and is now fine. Hopefully you will see yours move too. But at least if it doesn't you know some others here who have dealt with it and you'll have planned things out with hubby for the nursery etc just in case! :hugs:

Brandy the exhaustion in first tri was my only real symptom but it was definitely brutal at times. Just nap when you can after work and even if you can put your head down for a few on lunch break do it. And just let things go at home in the evening, housework and cooking can all wait for now. When hubby couldn't get home to cook, we are a lot of take out! But it will pass and your energy will come back, most of it anyways! :haha: The progesterone definitely plays a part, but also it takes a lot of energy to get your little bean up and running!

Brandy: I read that it's the building of the placenta that wipes us out in the first tri. And you're likely building two! I must say that I'm feeling better just this week. I'm able to exercise more and have less frequent, shorter bouts of nausea. But maybe more food aversions. Luckily (or maybe unfortunately), I haven't lost my taste for chocolate peanut butter ice cream!

Brandy: I read that it's the building of the placenta that wipes us out in the first tri. And you're likely building two! I must say that I'm feeling better just this week. I'm able to exercise more and have less frequent, shorter bouts of nausea. But maybe more food aversions. Luckily (or maybe unfortunately), I haven't lost my taste for chocolate peanut butter ice cream!
Oh it's a good thing I don't like ice cream! There's tons in our house because of my husband lol.

Oh it's a good thing I don't like ice cream! There's tons in our house because of my husband lol.

Brandy, I'm glad I'm not the only one. I don't really like ice cream either. I have to really be in the mood for it...I prefer a Popsicle.

Em - I also have placenta previa. I was in the hospital at 15 weeks with a major bleed and was monitored every week for a month to ensure the bleed didn't reoccur. I was also told to slow down a bit (I travel weekly for work). Since then I've been fine with no bleeds (knock on wood) and have managed to avoid the dreadful bed rest. And I'm now 32 weeks and baby is doing great. Like your doctor said, the placenta may still shift as baby grows. Keep that PMA and know that you're not alone. Take the rest when you need it (and can get it).

Oh Wannabee I didn't realize you have a previa too :hugs: I'm so happy you haven't had any more bleeds that is fantastic! My OB told me the same thing about slowing my schedule down now. I'm back to seeing patients full-time today after being off for a month and I'm already noticing a little more bleeding and cramping so I'm going to cut the rest of my week way down.

Oh Wannabee I didn't realize you have a previa too :hugs: I'm so happy you haven't had any more bleeds that is fantastic! My OB told me the same thing about slowing my schedule down now. I'm back to seeing patients full-time today after being off for a month and I'm already noticing a little more bleeding and cramping so I'm going to cut the rest of my week way down.

Slowing down definitely helped me. I cut my travel schedule in half and minimised social outings. I went for very slow walks a few times a week and rested when I felt tired. After all we have been through to get here, it's just not worth it. Rest as much as you can and only do what's necessary. Your body will thank you for it! I really hope your bleeding does stop so you can enjoy the rest of your pregnancy stress-free.

Question...

So obviously super early and not really any symptoms. Last night I started feeling tender and uncomfortable above the belly button.. is it possibly bloating or constipation or something? Quite a ways from the uterus so not sure whats going on.

Anyones doctor told them of a safe stool softener or anything like that? Worried because all of the iron and progesterone I am on.

Currently I am doing POIs and vaginal capsules.. thats another story tonights my last injection and I am scared to taper off my progesterone.

I take colace which is safe while pregnant. I find that it helps a lot and sometimes when needed I add in a cup of decaf coffee for an extra boost!

Are you just stopping pio or all progesterone? My doc kept me on pio through 10 weeks but said it was overkill. The placenta takes over by 8 weeks producing more progesterone than we could supplement. I think for most of us though its precautionary to take progesterone but most of us produce enough on our own. But I completely understand feeling nervous to stop it.

I take colace which is safe while pregnant. I find that it helps a lot and sometimes when needed I add in a cup of decaf coffee for an extra boost!

Are you just stopping pio or all progesterone? My doc kept me on pio through 10 weeks but said it was overkill. The placenta takes over by 8 weeks producing more progesterone than we could supplement. I think for most of us though its precautionary to take progesterone but most of us produce enough on our own. But I completely understand feeling nervous to stop it.

I am stopping just the POI which I prefer over those damn capsules. The capsules I am doing for the first 10 weeks.

I was suppose to stop the POI they said once I had 2 good betas but I asked them if I could finish out the bottle I had... so tonights the end of that. I was on it for 2 full weeks.

The progesterone capsules are 100MG and I do them 3x daily. But they are messy :blush:

Brandy - I had terrible constipation for the first two trimesters. I started eating 2 prunes before I went to bed at night and by the morning they took effect. My doctor also recommended simple glycerin suppositories to help elleviate the discomfort I was feeling. I'm also on a liquid iron supplement that hasn't caused any added constipation. I don't know if they have it in the US but you can check, it's called SpaTone.

I've found that eating an apple a day helps keep me regular. Also, raw veggies. And I put a handful of Fiber One cereal in with my regular cereal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->