Assisted Conception and LTTTC - Due in 2013/2014

Second tri report: I tend to feel great until 10:30am. Then, it's all downhill: exhaustion, hunger, general yucky feeling. Yesterday, I gave up and went home sick in the afternoon. We'll see how today goes.

Second tri report: I tend to feel great until 10:30am. Then, it's all downhill: exhaustion, hunger, general yucky feeling. Yesterday, I gave up and went home sick in the afternoon. We'll see how today goes.

I'm really feeling the exhaustion too. Even though I've cut my schedule in half I'm still dragging by the end of the day. Hopefully we'll both get that much talked about second trimester energy boost soon.

good Morning! Quick question for you all. What did you eat in the first trimester that you could stomach when nausea hit? I feel queasy a good part of the day, and I know if I ate something I would feel better, but I just can't find anything that is appetizing.

I would eat a little something as soon as I woke up usually plain toast and that helped keep the nausea away. I ate a lot of plain pasta, bread and rice. I was worried about not getting enough protein so I tried to add in Greek yogurt, lentils and quinoa whenever I could. Ginger ale really helped me too.

It will get better! My nausea was mostly gone by 10 weeks or so :hugs: If it gets really bad you can ask your doctor for a prescription for Zofran.

Also want to add I think being on estrogen and progesterone contributed to the nausea. Once I started tapering my dose down it got a lot better.

Melss- they say with twins it's a lot worse. I had to be put on zofran 4 mg on a sched then phenergan in between. They also told me to drink ensure drinks ( helped a lot) went away at 8 1/2 weeks then back lie crazy at 10 weeks but now am 13+5 and have occasional bouts of nausea and of course some vomiting at ties. But getting enter each day. The phenergan REALLY. Helped me.

Also in the other thread I read your update. And bleeding is SOOOO common in twins. Sometimes they find a cause a majority of the times they don't. Glad everything looked well

Em- hope the bleeding as slowed down :)

First- yea I'm also waiting for te energy. I take naps daily :).

Sweet, my RE said it is really normal and probably more hormone fluctuations than anything else. He was not concerned and today is is all but gone. I'm sure it will be back though. As for my nausea, I haven't thrown up or anything...just queasy. That feeling makes it hard for me to cook. My SIL made Ensure shakes with frozen yogurt so I think I may have to try that too.

I dont really get queasy I just dont ever feel like eating I think from all this bloat! That is making it really hard to want to cook dinner thats for sure.

Well that and my energy level is at 0

I dont really get queasy I just dont ever feel like eating I think from all this bloat! That is making it really hard to want to cook dinner thats for sure.

Well that and my energy level is at 0

My energy level is much higher this week, so trying to get stuff done. I'm sure I'll pay for it next week.

Felt great yesterday had a energy boost and started cleaning out our office so we can paint and turn it into the guest bedroom so who ever is staying with us to help with the twins will have a nice place to sleep.

I feel like time is running out lol I will be 14 weeks tom, and still have to paint three rooms. Get a new bed for us and all new carpet. Sooooo much to do. I mean 20 weeks halfway there. And with this that's less then halfway. ( gunna try to hold them in for at least 36)

On another note..... My next official scan is aug 7. Getting anxious I will probably get a sneak peak this sat at them just to check up. I can't measure them with the one in the ER but I figure if they are moving a bunch I'm sure they are growing.

First- I was gunna tell you. I have had more flutters right where the babies are and literally last for 2-5 sec. I felt it twice yesterday. I'm almost postive it's the babies. Have you felt any thing else?

Also not losing any ore weight but weigh the exact same every morning then at night I have gained 3 then lose it all in the morning. I hear with twins you need to gain a pound a week, I'm feel like I should gain more. I know your a week ahead of me have you gaied any yet?

First- I was gunna tell you. I have had more flutters right where the babies are and literally last for 2-5 sec. I felt it twice yesterday. I'm almost postive it's the babies. Have you felt any thing else?

Also not losing any ore weight but weigh the exact same every morning then at night I have gained 3 then lose it all in the morning. I hear with twins you need to gain a pound a week, I'm feel like I should gain more. I know your a week ahead of me have you gaied any yet?

About once a day, I think I feel the baby. I'm also fluctuating 3-4 lbs from morning to night. My coworker even commented yesterday that I didn't look pregnant in the morning, but was showing by afternoon. I was told to gain a pound per week in the 2nd tri, so I'd imagine you should be gaining more, maybe 1.5?

We told some friends this week and one insists on giving us her Doppler. I'm not going to resist. I could use some reassurance.

Otherwise, I'm feeling better, getting little to no nausea. Fatigue is the biggest symptom now.

Hey all- for the most part my nausea is gone.. super hungry and tired! We found out it's a boy! So team blue here!! They said they're not gonna say 100% positive but they and we saw a penis!

had my triple screen.. the nuchal fold was thin and looked perfect just waiting on the blood work. He has been growing consistently ahead so we are 13 weeks today... Good riddance to the first trimester!!!!:happydance:

Gosh, I can't wait until I'm in the 2d trimester. Morning (all day) sickness has kicked in and I'm queasy if there isn't anything in my stomach.

Gosh, I can't wait until I'm in the 2d trimester. Morning (all day) sickness has kicked in and I'm queasy if there isn't anything in my stomach.

Its very sad that I can't wait to be sick.... I just want something!

Just keep a bag of snack nuts or smething with you at all times mells :)

Yup, I always have snacks with me. I'm also hoping that will conceal any upcoming weight gain anyone notices. I want the, to think, no wonder she's gained weight, she's always eating! :haha:

Baby - yeah for second tri!!!:happydance:

Sweetness and First - my sister had IVF twins and I think gained just over 40lb and made it to 36 weeks. Her doctor said that was a good amount of weight. Her babies were 5 lb 6 oz and 5 lb 12 oz. Good luck to you both!!!

AFM - baby is moving and rolling around like crazy. Head is positioned down which is expected by week 32. Have my 34 week scan on Aug 16. So excited but very terrified to finally meet this little guy or gal!!

Its really not how much you gain its about your diet being healthy.

My son I gained 17lbs with and he was very healthy and weighed 7lbs 6oz and was born on his exact due date.

Yea for twins the doc said 45-50 pounds so wanna maybe I will be right along those lines. As long as babies weigh good.

First - I think I've been feeling my LO too the last couple of days when I'm lying down in bed I feel these little flutters kind of like someone tapping fingers against my skin but on the inside. I can't wait to feel really obvious kicks though :)

Wannabee - wow you are getting so close! Do you have everything set up and ready? I'm so excited to find out whether you're having a girl or boy :). Have you picked out names?

BabyD - great news about the nuchal and congrats team blue!!

Sweet - that's good you're getting so much done this early! DH and I need to start working on the nursery. We are really under a time crunch because I want to have everything done by 20 weeks in case I have to go on bedrest.

AFM - had another u/s and OB appt yesterday because my bleeding has continued. My little girl looks great with a strong heartbeat and she's measuring ahead. Bad news is the bleed I have is bigger than last week so my OB wants me to take the week off and see if we can get it to stop.

Ahh no em! I'm sorry you've had more bleeding. Fingers crossed the time off will stop it. It's good that your Doctor has caught it early and hopefully your little one will continue growing just fine :flower:

AFM: Nothing interesting going on really, my MS is almost over! :happydance: and now I'm hearing LO's heartbeat on a fetal Doppler everyday :cloud9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->