Assisted Conception and LTTTC - Due in 2013/2014

so I officially got what I wished for! 3 days ago I started with feeling blah and that feeling has continued. It seems to worsen when I eat and if I get too hungry. I am glad to be having symptoms now. It is reassuring for some reason. Never thought I would be so happy to feel bad :) My avatar is my scan pic from work yesterday :) Obviously a fetal pole now!! AND there was an itty bitty heart beat. So excited!

Lovely news Mo :)
The strong symptoms are really reassuring :)

Mo - such great news, congrats!!! On both the heart beat and the symptoms ;)

Hey mo thts great news...I bet nobody would b so happy to feel sick...same with me queasy all the time...now I worry abt not throwing up ...I feel bad...I don't want to eat anything no liking fr anything..but not throwing up either....

L4 wow third trimester! Congrats!

Yeah it's just crazy to be at this point after all the worrying if it would ever happen. After you get through the first trimester or so of worrying and counting down the days to the next appt it starts to go quickly. It also helps once you feel the baby consistently which for me took until about 20 weeks. But since then the time has just flown by!

Sandlin yes at this point I feel the baby move a lot. I don't have an overly active little one, but it gives me some kicks and punches when I eat and in the evening.

Mo sorry you're not feeling good, but it's the reassurance you've been wanting! :)

Mo - hope you're feeling ok!

L4 - sounds like thing are moving along nicely. You must be so excited to meet your LO!

AFM - was discharged from hospital on Friday but had to come back for daily check ups. Fear of a mild infection landed me back in as of last night. Not happy about it. Baby seems fine and happy so that's good. Another scare this morning when I woke up to a bleed but all tests are coming back fine. This little baby of mine is determined to keep life interesting...

I'm feeling okay this weekend. Only a few times I felt sick. Just sleepy more than not.

Wannabe sorry you are back at the hospital and are having some issues. Hopefully all is okay.

Wanna, sounds like you have a little fighter in there! Or a diva! :haha:

Has anyone here done any of the pregnancy workout DVDs out there? Just so many to choose from, and I just looking for something to do a couple times a week instead of walking.

Wanna, sounds like you have a little fighter in there! Or a diva! :haha:

Has anyone here done any of the pregnancy workout DVDs out there? Just so many to choose from, and I just looking for something to do a couple times a week instead of walking.

I bought a yoga DVD, it's with Summer Saunders that was recommended to me, I also got a Pilates one, but I haven't tried either (didn't get the all clear before I lost the baby). I'm sure you could try any of them, just make sure your FS/OB are OK with what you choose.

BTW.. I read somewhere that your DH will be home soon, YAY!! I bet you can't wait!!!

Thanks Ali! Yeah I order one with Summer Sanders that has a different video for each trimester. It looked ok. I've pretty much been walking the whole time I've been going through this process and even since I got pregnant. No one has told me otherwise, so I figured it was ok. Obviously if things don't feel right I stop.
Yup DH will be home soon. No official date yet, but hopefully by the end of the month!

Thanks Ali! Yeah I order one with Summer Sanders that has a different video for each trimester. It looked ok. I've pretty much been walking the whole time I've been going through this process and even since I got pregnant. No one has told me otherwise, so I figured it was ok. Obviously if things don't feel right I stop.
Yup DH will be home soon. No official date yet, but hopefully by the end of the month!

YAY!! I hope he comes home ASAP! My FS never told me not to walk, but definitely no rigorous exercise until I got the all clear that baby was OK. I think at this point you should be fine, but next time you see your Dr talk to them about what you can and cannot do, just to be on the safe side!

That is the video I have too! I hope I can start using it again soon!

Ali, I'm sure you will be preggers before too long. Seems like each time you make some more progress and that is definitely a positive. Do you remember if the hb for your little bean was going up last time or were they just concerned about growth? My Baby B never seems to be clear enough to be seen, so no good measurement, but the hb is always clearly heard and visible. My RE said that is the best indicator without being able to measure. Of course, I'm paranoid!

Ali, I'm sure you will be preggers before too long. Seems like each time you make some more progress and that is definitely a positive. Do you remember if the hb for your little bean was going up last time or were they just concerned about growth? My Baby B never seems to be clear enough to be seen, so no good measurement, but the hb is always clearly heard and visible. My RE said that is the best indicator without being able to measure. Of course, I'm paranoid!

Thats the shy one haha. They took a long time trying to measure b for me. He is in hiding too.

So stressed about ultrasound tomorrow I just want it to get here and Soooo hope for good news at 7 weeks

Thats the shy one haha. They took a long time trying to measure b for me. He is in hiding too.

So stressed about ultrasound tomorrow I just want it to get here and Soooo hope for good news at 7 weeks

I've read that the heart rate is a way to measure fetal development in those early weeks. So, if that's on track for your B babies, I think you should be confident that everything is okay.

Unfortunately my HB was just a flicker the first time, it was just barely beating, but it was early so we didn't really expect to be able to measure it. Unfortunately the following week, it was no longer beating, and the fetal pole was shrinking :cry: That is why I'm convinced I had trisomy 16 (I think that is the correct number), it is the chromosomal issue that deals with the HB and most babies with trisomy 16 won't make it beyond 6-8 weeks, as the heart cannot work properly.

I think that First is right, they use the HB and the CRL and GS to help determine whether your baby is on track or not. The range of HB per minute is fairly high though, and each week it should go up, until it reaches a peak around 170 or so? I might be off base with the upper level, but I know at first it starts around 100bpm, then it increases each week. I would say that if your FS/OB is not concerned, then you shouldn't be either!!! :thumbup: Of course from experience this is easier said than done! :dohh:

Ali and First, thanks for the info. Both babies have gone from 120s, to 150s, to 170s so they are both progressing. Baby A is always higher by a little bit, but never more than 8 or so beats apart.

Ali, do you think you will do Genetic testing this time around?

Brandy, I'm excited for your US tomorrow. I still have over a week before my next one. I hope I'll be released to my OB then. I love my E but driving 3 1/2 hrs each way for a 20 minute appt is wearing me down.

Ali and First, thanks for the info. Both babies have gone from 120s, to 150s, to 170s so they are both progressing. Baby A is always higher by a little bit, but never more than 8 or so beats apart.

Ali, do you think you will do Genetic testing this time around?

Brandy, I'm excited for your US tomorrow. I still have over a week before my next one. I hope I'll be released to my OB then. I love my E but driving 3 1/2 hrs each way for a 20 minute appt is wearing me down.

Do you know what your OB's plan of attack is?

I am curious since we have twins if they are going to see us more often? Do scans and bloodwork more often?

I am much of a paranoid nut to have to wait month for an appt!

Mells.. not sure about genetic testing. I found out that I can use intralipids instead of the IVIG. It is way cheaper, only a few hundred a month versus $5k a month. So I'm thinking I might just transfer the 2 embryos I have left. Or I can do a fresh IVF and do the genetic testing. I'll figure it out once I get home from Canada in a few weeks.

Hope everyone is doing well! Redoing our house paint windows trim carpet and my wifi is not hooked up so have to use my phone. Much harder to keep up that way

Will be paying closer attention this week

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->