Assisted Conception and LTTTC - Due in 2013/2014

first that does sound scary! sorry but glad all is okay. Do you think it may have been urine leaking out? I've heard that can happen the further along you get. Hopefully whatever it was doesnt happen again!

If I had had a big sneeze when it happened, then I would've thought it was urine (that has happened during the pregnancy). But this was when I was sitting very calmly and reading. It made a stain about five inches in diameter. And it smelled kind of like cheese :/. Sorry for TMI.

The dr said if it were my water breaking, it wouldnt just be one gush, it would continue to trickle out.

Anyway, I just wanted to share in case something similar happens to others.

First, I'm glad things are ok for you.

Sweet, I'm sure your boys will continue to thrive.

Wells, I have a friend that named her little girl Iris...such a pretty name.

AFM, nothing new. Just have my parents here visiting so staying busy. I haven't seen them in almost three years so it's nice.

AFM, nothing new. Just have my parents here visiting so staying busy. I haven't seen them in almost three years so it's nice.

Three years?! Well, they must be so excited for you (and for themselves, the future grandparents)! :thumbup:

Three years?! Well, they must be so excited for you (and for themselves, the future grandparents)! :thumbup:

Yes, we live in separate parts of the country and we aren't very close so it's common to go long periods without seeing each other. They gave up on me having children years ago, and spend most of their travels with my brother and his family. They have been way more more supportive of IVF than I thought they would, so that is a pleasant surprise. They are really old-fashioned and often say hurtful things without thinking. I don't want to sound mean, but their visits are so stressful that every few years is more than I can handle. I love them dearly, we just live very different lifestyles.

Yes, we live in separate parts of the country and we aren't very close so it's common to go long periods without seeing each other. They gave up on me having children years ago, and spend most of their travels with my brother and his family. They have been way more more supportive of IVF than I thought they would, so that is a pleasant surprise. They are really old-fashioned and often say hurtful things without thinking. I don't want to sound mean, but their visits are so stressful that every few years is more than I can handle. I love them dearly, we just live very different lifestyles.

Yeah, I know what you mean. My family is full of characters who can only be handled in small doses. I haven't told my own mother that I did IVF because 1) she has a big mouth, and 2) she might judge.

We told my MIL, who has been very supportive, but even she blabbed to people. And then, in a moment of insensitivity, suggested that we "just have sex" when we try for baby #2 :dohh:

I've been very lucky with how supportive my family and friends were about the IVF, although my parents didn't know until after... As I thought they'd be really pissed! As they thought at 22, I was too young for kids anyway!

Although we had IVF because we can't conceive naturally due to severe MFI. And I've been told many times by them and others, 'oh you'll have another one naturally'... Erm, I doubt it! :dohh:

Mells I can totally relate to being able to take family in very small doses. My family lives far away and we only see each about once a year and that's plenty for me ;). I wish I hadn't told my Mom about IVF. She has said some very judgmental things about it. Surprisingly my in-laws have been so supportive about IVF and for that I am very thankful.

Sorry, I didn't read what you wrote originally Mells, thank you about the name! :hugs: :flower:

She's named Iris after a song <3

I haven't told my mom about IVF either b/c she is judgmental and shellfish and would had said something about her needing the money we. Spent.. And she would have posted it on FB about her IVF grand baby and told everyone and start asking what's wrong... Then she would tell me she told me DH was no good b/c he cant even give me a baby, etc..she is a piece of work! But all that I wrote is a true story :(

Another question has anyone experienced uterus pressure or tightening? I feel pressure and tightening. Sometimes its hard... I told the clinic the other day. I'm in meds for UTI and they said maybe from that. I was thinking it was from that and some mild constipation combined but it makes me worry b/c if the ptl risk.

Mo - ugh so sorry it sounds like our Moms are similar :(. I always tell myself at least I know how I don't want to be as a Mother. I've felt lots of pressure and tightening too I think it's just the uterus growing and stretching. It's depends on how much I'm on my feet and my activity level. I keep track and make sure it's not consistent like contractions.

We all sound like our moms are similar in a lot of ways. I feel bad sometimes, wishing we were closer. She has already made the comments about how she can't believe I would use daycare and go back to work...she never worked a day in her life. She is very judge mental, and complains that she has no money, but then tells me in detail how much they make off their investments. Ugg!

Mo, I often feel pressure as well. I think it is the stretching of the uterus. I've never had contractions, but I can't imagine it's he same kind of feeling. This is just a big bloating type feeling.

Hi Ladies. I've been MIA the past month or so. I have a very high maintenance son who does not allow me to have any free time. He only sleeps if bring held which doesn't allow me to do anything. And at night he is so fussy - I'm lucky if I get 2-3 hours of broken sleep a night. I love him but so far this has been a million times harder than I ever imagined. There have been many nights of tears and I'm so very thankful to have had my MIL here for the first 3 weeks and now my mom here for 6. In hearing you talk about your moms I count myself very lucky to have a supportive one. She's a trooper for having the late nights with me and encouraging me along the way. Of her 6 grand kids, : are from IVF.

I've been trying to keep up with everyone and am glad everyone is doing ok.

First - glad it wasn't your water breaking. Very scary so early.

Mells - yeah team pink.

Sweet - cute bump.

L4 - everything ok? I know all about preemies now if you want to chat. Very challenging.

Everyone else - I hope all is well!!

Hi wannabe! Nice to hear from you. Sorry your little guy is do challenging. Hopefully you get some peace from it soon. It's good you have some help for a little while.

Wannabee - so good to hear from you. I'm sorry you're having troubles :hugs: so good that you have support there from your Mom and MIL. Wish I had some tips about fussy babies. Hopefully this will pass and you will be able to get some more sleep.

Wanna, I'm so glad that you have so much support during this time of adjustment. I'm sure you are are wonderful mom, and baby boy loves you to pieces!!!! Hang in there and take advantage of the help you have!

Thanks ladies. Running on 2.5 hours of sleep last night so your well wishes mean a lot.

I was reading that some of you are starting to do some research and are beginning to buy some baby items. I can tell you some of the things I have and love. I went with the Uppababy Vista stroller. Loving it. Only issue I have is basket access when the bassinet is on. Other than that it is great!! I'm in love with my Aden + Anais burpy bibs - they are huge and serve as both a burp cloth and a bib. We also live in a small apartment with minimal storage space and I found the Love n Care Kabuki foldable bath - it's genius. Car seat isn't relevant as I'm sure they have different brands here in Australia than in the US or UK. Same with cribs. My baby bjorn is now a saving grace as it leaves my hands free to do things while still cuddling Andrew, and he loves it. I also have a sling but yet to use it. I went with Pottery Barn sheets for his crib which are washing up really well. Can't think of anything else now but hopefully that's helpful.

Thanks wanna! it's always nice to hear what others love!!!!!

When does the crib and furniture buying start? After 24 weeks?

Wanna- sorry to hear bout the yards times but just think it will only get better :). My mom will be here for 2-3 weeks then my MIL lives down the road who will also be here a bunch too it's great to have family support

Mo- I think whenever you are comfortable buying. I am about to buy my crib (starting with one) but have been picking up clothes etc since bout 18 weeks

When does the crib and furniture buying start? After 24 weeks?

We looked on the day of 24 weeks and felt overwhelmed, so we'll figure it out later :thumbup: But thanks to an amazing saleswoman at BuyBuyBaby, we figured out a lot of other things this past weekend at 25 weeks.

I'm going to try to post a bump photo for the first time...

Attachments

• photo-30-1.JPG
    photo-30-1.JPG
    77.3 KB · Views: 7

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79