Assisted Conception and LTTTC - Due in 2013/2014

Sooo cute!!!!!! Thanks for sharing!

I picked out a crib when I was pg before but it's since been discontinued :( so I'm trying to get an idea now of what I like.

First, very cute bump!

Mo, we've been looking, but nothing bought yet. I did tell DH I want to have the furniture bought by the beginning of the year.

AFM, I think I'm feeling the babies more regularly. Before I wasn't sure if it was gas or babies! lol!

First - cute bump!

Mo - we ordered ours early as they didn't have it in stock and it was going to take 12 weeks to get it. So I must have ordered around 21 weeks as it arrived the week before Andrew arrived.

Sweet - so lucky to have a mom so close by. Mine lives halfway around the world (in Canada) and at this point feels terrible about leaving me with such a fussy baby. Here's hoping he turns around in the next few weeks before she leaves.

Hey wannabe! I'm here and getting adjusted to mommyhood. I havent been on much either other than to try and read to keep up with everyone. I still have to share my birth story. Nothing can really prepare you for this life change that's for sure! How early was your little guy? Was he in NICU long? My little one came at 33w6d and spent 15 days in the NICU. He has been home two weeks now and we are getting adjusted slowly. Lack of sleep is definitely challenging. I'm finding Breastfeeding a lot more overwhelming than I thought. It's a never ending cycle plus with him being premie I have been pumping after every time I nurse. But I am starting to back off of that, just can't take it anymore. I'm sorry your bub is so fussy. Do they think he has colic? My little guy is still very much a premie. I have to wake him up for just about every feeding. I'm sure it won't be long now till he's waking me up for it. I hope things get better soon! :hugs:

Hey wannabe! I'm here and getting adjusted to mommyhood. I havent been on much either other than to try and read to keep up with everyone. I still have to share my birth story. Nothing can really prepare you for this life change that's for sure! How early was your little guy? Was he in NICU long? My little one came at 33w6d and spent 15 days in the NICU. He has been home two weeks now and we are getting adjusted slowly. Lack of sleep is definitely challenging. I'm finding Breastfeeding a lot more overwhelming than I thought. It's a never ending cycle plus with him being premie I have been pumping after every time I nurse. But I am starting to back off of that, just can't take it anymore. I'm sorry your bub is so fussy. Do they think he has colic? My little guy is still very much a premie. I have to wake him up for just about every feeding. I'm sure it won't be long now till he's waking me up for it. I hope things get better soon! :hugs:

So good to hear from you. Glad your LO is home safe and sound. Andrew arrived at 33+3. My water broke at 32. He was in the NICU for 21 days. In the hospital he was an angel - slept except for when feeding. Now it's a complete 360. In the last 15 hours he's slept about 3 hours. He has such a bad gut that he can't get comfortable - lots of gas and spitting up. He is on medication for reflux but I'm not convinced its working. He has out on weight - up from 4 1/2 lbs at birth to almost 8 lbs now so we are able to let him sleep longer between feeds which is good or he may never sleep. When he first came home we had to wake him up to feed him every 3 hours. It was a shame because often we would just get him to sleep and we would have to wake him again. Now we are allowed to let him go 4-5 hours between feeds as long as he eats at least 6 times a day. I am really struggling with breastfeeding. I started nursing him at 35 weeks in the hospital and was supplanting with formula until my milk came in. Then I was exclusively breastfeeding but he was crying so much. Apparently I wasn't feeding him enough. So now I'm on medication to increase production and I'm topping him up with formula. My boobs are killing me. I've had blocked ducts and cracked nipples quite often and Andrew often doesn't latch on right so I'm often in pain. Every day I tell myself I will give it another day it its hard. Everyone. Talks about how beautiful it is and what a bonding experience it is, but when it's so painful it is hard to bond. I don't want to switch to formula completely but I fear it may happen sooner than I wanted. It will relieve a lot of stress on both of us. Right now I feed him at the breast every second feed and then pump to give him expressed milk and let my boobs recover. I wish people talked about the other side of breastfeeding - it's not easy.

Wannabee and L4: I'm sorry it's been so difficult for you. I hope this is a short phase. :hugs:

I'm going to remain in denial about such things and just assume everything will be easy once our LO is here :haha:

Wannabee and L4: I'm sorry it's been so difficult for you. I hope this is a short phase. :hugs:

I'm going to remain in denial about such things and just assume everything will be easy once our LO is here :haha:

First, I agree ignorance is bliss at this stage. It is especially hard since I'm worried about so many other things, and I can't really change the outcome of breastfeeding until I try. Have already been given the heads up that with two I will have to supplement with formula. My big fear is having two fussy babies to contend with :dohh:

Malls and First - everyone is different and you and your baby (or babies) may get the hang o it right away. You likely will have to pump for the first bit to get supply up but hopefully you won't have the latching and nipple issues I've had. Supplementing with formula isn't a bad thing. As long as the baby is growing that's all that's important. There's a part of me that feels guilty for using formula but in the end if we are both happy and less stressed its worth it. Don't start worrying about those things until after bub is born. Enjoy the rest of your pregnancy and the preparation for bub - everything else will fall into place.

Hey Girls! I've been stalking since Em invited me a while ago, but I guess it's safe to post now as my doc told me this morning that 97% of twin moms go on to deliver successfully once they hit this 8 week point! Had a scan this am and everything looks great! So excited, nervous, terrified and over the moon all at once!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 4
Hey Girls! I've been stalking since Em invited me a while ago, but I guess it's safe to post now as my doc told me this morning that 97% of twin moms go on to deliver successfully once they hit this 8 week point! Had a scan this am and everything looks great! So excited, nervous, terrified and over the moon all at once!

Awesome photo, Turkey! Yes, 8 weeks is a big step. Congratulations :thumbup:

First - what a cute bump!! We registered at Buy Buy Baby and I agree the sales people there are so helpful.

L4 and Wannabee - sorry to hear about the feeding troubles. I don't know a single person IRL that has had an easy time with breastfeeding so I'm preparing myself that it's going to be challenging.

Mo - we ordered our nursery furniture a couple of weeks ago. Some places take a long time to deliver so just keep that in mind.

Turkey - congrats and welcome!! Love the pic of your little ones!

AFM - Just got back from my 24 week appointment and I got the BEST NEWS! My placenta previa has gone from complete to marginal meaning that it's moved and now there is hope that it will move away from my cervix entirely. DH and I are thrilled!! I've been praying for this but didn't think it would happen since everyone seemed so sure that it wouldn't move. Baby was measuring right on track and she weighs 1.5 lbs :)

Congrats Turkey!

Yes ladies just enjoy being pregnant and all the joy that comes with it after all your hard work getting there. Everyone has a different experience so you never know how it will be till you get there.

Wanna I'm glad you have had some help to get you through these beginning weeks. I agree Breastfeeding can be very overwhelming knowing you're the only one who can do it. I look forward to the pediatrician giving me the go ahead to let my little guy sleep 4-5 hours at night. This every 2-3 business is exhausting! I keep wondering once Tre isn't such a sleepy premie if he will change and cry more. I hope not but guess we'll see. He's had some fussy evenings but mostly just that he hasn't been satisfied with eating and we have marathon nursing sessions! As for the soreness, have you been using lanolin on them? I find it really helps. Also, did they have you use a shield at all? I started putting him to the breast right away, though initially he didn't really do anything while he had his feeding tube. It was just
to get him used to it gradually. But our hospitals were def different cuz they had me pumping the day I had him to get my milk going. I don't know if a shield is still possible for you now but it helps with the sensitivity and it helped with latching too. Something to consider asking about. I hope the reflux or whatever is causing his fussiness passes very soon.

Welcome Turkey! Nice to have another twin momma around!

Em, I'm so so thrilled for you. Last appt I was told I might have marginal, but since it's early they aren't concerned. If anything it will get better and not worse. Such a relief for you I'm sure!!!!

Hi again! I was just wondering where you all got your maternity clothes? I live in a small town and there aren't any places I can go and buy something. Does anyone have a website they used. I bought some pants from motherhood maternity, but they are so expensive. Just looking for some suggestions...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->