Assisted Conception and LTTTC - Due in 2013/2014

Hi again! I was just wondering where you all got your maternity clothes? I live in a small town and there aren't any places I can go and buy something. Does anyone have a website they used. I bought some pants from motherhood maternity, but they are so expensive. Just looking for some suggestions...

I had the same problem. But then I went to Kohls, which has great sales, and got a bunch of clothes for cheap!

Mells - I got mine at Pea in the Pod, Gap and Asos. All were fairly decent prices.

Turkey - congrats on your twins!

Em - it makes me feel better that you know so many people having issues breastfeeding as I seem to have the opposite and feel like I'm not the norms. Great news that your previa has moved.

L4 - I haven't tried a shield. I asked the nurse about it wen he was in the hospital but was told I didn't need it. I do use lanolin and it helps with the cracked nipples but not the sensitivity. I now ice my breasts after feeding. I too was expressing within 24 hours of Andrew being born. They put it in his tube. I didn't start breastfeeding until he was 35 weeks. As for the preemie sleeps - Andrew seemed to outgrow that around 37 weeks. Started to cry more and was awake a lot longer. Maybe Tre won't, but be prepared when he does. It shocked us cause he was so sleepy in the hospital. Now he's 42 weeks and is starting to smile and interact more - so much fun!!

Mells, I got some things at motherhood with coupons and sales though I agree they are pricey for clothes you'll only wear for a few months. Also got a few casual things at old navy. You could try and see if there's a decent consignment store nearby as well. I tried that but didn't have much luck. Community yard sales maybe? My mil found a couple things for me at yard sales that were basically brand new. Think one top still had tags on it. Good luck!

Wanna that's too bad about the shield I think that would have helped. They use them standard with premies. I heard after the first 8-10 weeks it gets better, so here's hoping! And honestly i think the majority of women struggle with breastfeeding whether theyll admit it or not. And its nothing to be ashamed about if it doesnt work for you. As long as you feed your baby thats all that matters. Plus having your sanity means a lot! Aw I can't wait for the intentional smiling and cooing!! Tre is 38weeks so getting close.

Mells - Gap always has those 30-40% off promotions so I've been able to pick up some good deals from there and same with Old Navy. I spent more money on jeans and pants since I get the most use out of them. Asos is great too since they have free shipping and free returns.

Today is my V-day!! :happydance: Sometimes I still can't believe my little girl is on her way and will be here in 13 weeks! I still have so much to get done before her arrival.

Yay em it's soooo exciting. At first it goes by soooooo slow. Then before you know it time is running out. Average twins come at 25 so I only have 10 weeks to make sure everything is done!! I'm gunna try to hold these boys in til 37 is my goal. ��

I just looked at my ticker and noticed that I only have 99 days to go!!! Woo hoo, we broke the 100 barrier!

First that's awesome!

It sounds like things are going great for you, Mells! :happydance: I also have those times when suddenly my belly looks bigger. And then I feel like it looks the same for 2-4 weeks before the next growth spurt.

Man... I must be a fatty lol.. I only have a single and I feel huge!! My weight had all of a sudden gone up this week a few lbs from Monday so I think I'm very bloated as my diet hadn't changed.
I'd love to see the bumps :)

Mo, my weight suddenly appeared from nowhere at about 20 weeks. .. apparently it is normal when you get into second tri and about halfway to suddenly start putting on weight.

Mo m bump was very much bloat to start out, then it went away. Now it's definitely babies since it is harder to bend. I can still wear much of my regular clothes, but pants are getting more uncomfortable each day. I finally broke out some maternity pants for work today and I felt so much better!

Mo: I gained 9 lbs in the first trimester (and I started thin), so I was wearing maternity pants around 8-9 weeks! I kept gaining to 18 lbs by week 18, but then it slowed. Now, I'm up 20 lbs in week 26. So, even if you start gaining quickly, that can change over time. Once you get to the point where you look pregnant, not just pudgy, you won't care if you've gained 50 lbs!

Oh my ladies ..... I have had the worse round ligament pain today. I mean constant. I have had it before but comes and goes. Last a few minutes. Well no matter what I do sit,stand ,lay its constant and more intense at times.... I work in an ER and talked with a couple docs and they said I'm growing so fast that it could partially tear some ligaments , hope its better tomorrow as I work 12 hour shifts in an ER not much time for resting.......

Any ideas to make it better?

Oh my ladies ..... I have had the worse round ligament pain today. I mean constant. I have had it before but comes and goes. Last a few minutes. Well no matter what I do sit,stand ,lay its constant and more intense at times.... I work in an ER and talked with a couple docs and they said I'm growing so fast that it could partially tear some ligaments , hope its better tomorrow as I work 12 hour shifts in an ER not much time for resting.......

Any ideas to make it better?

Ugh, I've never had it that bad. If it could tear, should you call in sick and rest tomorrow?

I agree with first, I would say the only thing you can do is rest. Can you not get signed off work for a week to recover?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->