Assisted Conception and LTTTC - Due in 2013/2014

AFM, this is day 2 without nausea. I was having it after every meal and had a lot on Tuesday. But yesterday and today, my bloating has gone down and my only symptom is lightheadedness.

Can the ladies who are further along or have babies tell me, honestly, whether I should be concerned? I'm 7w5d today.

I'm not further along but I was thinking the exact same thing! I don't feel pregnant at all today. Worries me! :nope:

I'll third this sentiment. My nausea comes and goes and I wish it would just stick around all the time so I had that reassurance

Ali, First, Em...I had NO MS at all which drove me crazy!! I told my fs that I feel too normal and it worried me to which they said its very normal for some women to not have symptoms. I just had to rely on the ultrasounds to reassure me and of course my bnb peeps. I know it's hard not to worry but just remind yourself that you had a good ultrasound and there's no reason why you shouldn't be ok. Ali I know you're not there yet, but will be next week, but Em and First you saw a healthy little heartbeat which is a huge milestone! Keep the faith girls!!!

scerena - Sorry about your scare! Glad everything is OK with your LO :)

2girls - Great scan pic ;)

First, Ali and Em - Agreed with Lauren; I had NO MS whatsoever and not many other symptoms, just some dizziness once in awhile. It is very normal to feel normal ;) And the fact that we put all these hormones into our bodies I think contributes to us not having many MS symptoms. It will become more real as you get your baby bumps and start feeling the kicks/punches ;)

Michelle and L4 - thank you so much!! It's so nice to have both of you and your experience to reassure us :hugs: I'm so thankful we have bnb I don't what I would do without it!!

Ladies, I don't think I started to feel the disgustoids (as I called MS) until I was around 8 weeks, and some people never get it, so try not to worry! :flower:

I am keeping everything crossed for you Ali; you deserve this ;)

Em - I am feeling pretty good; just getting irritated with jackasses that I work with :haha: I seem to get set off pretty easily nowadays and when you add stupidity into that, well, not a good combo ;) I am half Italian too, but I got used to highlighting my hair with a blonder color; when it grows out dark, them darn grey hairs show up :wacko:

Yay for being half Italian ;). Sorry about the jackasses at work :(. I know what you mean about being set off easily. I can go from zero to bitch in about five seconds flat lately haha! Oh these hormones!

Ali I feel like you're going to see that heartbeat next week! Fingers, toes and eyes crossed for you girl!!! :hugs:

Em dinner sounds delicious! I'm not Italian, however my little town I grew up in has a large Italian population and with that many family Italian restaurants. Mmmm I LOVE Italian food!! Miss having good restaurants too cuz now there aren't so many where I live.

I'm from the midwest so I totally understand not having good restaurants. We mainly have fast food chains there. Where did you grow up?

Ali and 2girls - great pictures!! Are they proudly mounted on the fridge yet??

Em - celebratory dinner sounds delish! And, as my doctor says, this is the only time in your life when you don't have to justify what you eat! Enjoy away!!!

I'm surprised I'm waiting too, but I think it will be amazing on the actual day to have such a surprise. Have been busy buying lots of grey, yellow and green!!

I have heard heart rate is a good predictor, although have recently been proven wrong. A friend of mine is 4 weeks behind me and just had her scan. She found out the gender. Was told that under 150 beats is boy and above 150 is girl. She had a heart rate of 144 and it's a girl. My fetal heart rate at 20 weeks was 139. My sister also had high heart rates and had twin boys. So who knows. Also heard it depends which side you sleep on - right means girl and left means boy. I sleep on my right. I flip flop with my intuition. This week I'm back to thinking girl (after 5 weeks of thinking boy).

I'm definitely taking that advice about indulging as much as possible :)

First - You never know if it is a foot kicking or a hand throwing a punch :haha: Or even just the baby moving around positions! And with my first pregnancy I was so sick till 13 weeks that it makes me SO thankful this one has been a cake walk ;)

Em - Yep, my tolerance these days is getting worse and worse :wacko: But I try to just bite my tongue most of the time. 38 more days of work, but who is counting :haha:

Ali, Em and First like you ladies I was also worried when I did not get any MS but be careful what you ask for :haha: consider yourselves one of the lucky bunch that did not have it or maybe not just yet
When I finally got it there was a time that I thought I had puked the baby out and I ended at the ER :dohh: I will say enjoy your pregnancy

Ladies, I don't think I started to feel the disgustoids (as I called MS) until I was around 8 weeks, and some people never get it, so try not to worry! :flower:

Thanks Sept! haha I like the term disgustoids :)

FROM EM - I'm from the midwest so I totally understand not having good restaurants. We mainly have fast food chains there. Where did you grow up?

Em-where in the midwest? I'm in IL...

Em Ali first, my symptoms come and go as well and I don't feel nauseated just in mornings but sometimes after eating esp certain foods. Just wish I could get ultrasounds weekly.

Hope everyone else is doing well

Ali, Em and First - you're likely in one of the toughest waiting periods, or at least I thought so. You rely so much on symptoms to reassure you until your next scan. But your last scans were perfect and you saw your little baby, so even if your symptoms come and go (which they will) have faith that everything is fine. Like some of the girls said, you're lucky to not have terrible morning sickness and be feeling somewhat normal. Like you ladies, I had about 4 days of it and freaked out when it went away. Have realised that I'm just lucky as a lot of people have it for months (could you imagine??). What kept me going was daily belly rubs and chats with bub telling her to stay put. Hang in there girls!!

Scerena - I'm sorry to hear you ended up in so much pain. But glad everything worked out ok. The huge ovaries is common with us IVFers. Mine didn't start to shrink until about 15 weeks - right in time for the enlarged ovary belly to transition to the pregnant momma belly...

Em I grew up in Williamsport, PA. It's a pretty small town in central PA. Not sure why there is a large Italian population there, and it seems as though most are related! :haha: I'm very grateful to have such yummy restaurants even if they spoiled me. It would be so hard to be somewhere with only chains and fast food!

FROM EM - I'm from the midwest so I totally understand not having good restaurants. We mainly have fast food chains there. Where did you grow up?

Em-where in the midwest? I'm in IL...

I'm from Minnesota but I live in New York now. I don't miss the weather but I do miss the friendly midwesterners :)

Love your new ultrasound photo!! You need a ticker!

Sweetness and scerena, sorry you both had a scare but glad to hear your little bambinos are safe and sound! :hugs:

Em I grew up in Williamsport, PA. It's a pretty small town in central PA. Not sure why there is a large Italian population there, and it seems as though most are related! :haha: I'm very grateful to have such yummy restaurants even if they spoiled me. It would be so hard to be somewhere with only chains and fast food!

We want to move to the suburbs eventually and I think the lack of restaurants will be one of the hardest things to get used to. There are just so many options here. Last time we were in Minnesota our flight landed at 10pm and DH just couldn't believe there weren't any restaurants open other than fast food :haha:

Em, know what you mean about missing friendliness. I don't think I could live in NYC for that reason, and prob a few others. My husband is from Maryland and has that southern hospitality thing going for him. We went to NYC for a weekend get away at Christmas time. We naturally got confused on the subway and a different time trying to walk to dinner(in a blizzard mind you!) and he was so frustrated that people didn't care to help. Oh and our last night dinner experience...I honestly didn't think we were going to make it out of there alive! :haha: He was just so appalled at the generally rude behavior of people in the city. I just had to laugh at him and make him not take it so seriously. As long as I wasn't getting lost in a bad neighborhood I just take it all as part of the experience! New Yorkers definitely have a different way. But I think it goes with most of the north east once you hit New York and north. I just find it interesting the differences you see just within different locations within the US.

Em, know what you mean about missing friendliness. I don't think I could live in NYC for that reason, and prob a few others. My husband is from Maryland and has that southern hospitality thing going for him. We went to NYC for a weekend get away at Christmas time. We naturally got confused on the subway and a different time trying to walk to dinner(in a blizzard mind you!) and he was so frustrated that people didn't care to help. Oh and our last night dinner experience...I honestly didn't think we were going to make it out of there alive! :haha: He was just so appalled at the generally rude behavior of people in the city. I just had to laugh at him and make him not take it so seriously. As long as I wasn't getting lost in a bad neighborhood I just take it all as part of the experience! New Yorkers definitely have a different way. But I think it goes with most of the north east once you hit New York and north. I just find it interesting the differences you see just within different locations within the US.

Oh no sorry that happened! It was a real shock to me when I first moved here but I'm almost immune to it now. Everyone is just in such a rush to get where they are going. I try to stop and help tourists as much as possible but there are some days that I'm late and can't stop. I love visiting the south, both for the accents and the southern hospitality :)

Ok ladies I have a question. When were you released to a regular OB? My RE said if everything goes well at my ultrasound on Tuesday I'm good to go. He'll see me again around 10 weeks just for blood work to start tapering my meds. I just made my first appointment with an OB. I'm glad I called early they were totally booked but luckily were able to squeeze me in. I'll be 8 weeks for the first visit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->