Assisted Conception and LTTTC - Due in 2013/2014

Cool... I work in interventional radiology.. I'm always curious :)

Yes and I won't do them now since I'm team yellow... Doesn't help I'm a PA and know how to read them too no more fun self scanning :)

Waaaa! I have gestational diabetes AND anemia ](*,)

I'm being transferred to the high risk OB. I guess you should be careful what you wish for; I'm sure there will be many more scans for me now.

First - oh no sorry :hugs: I know how it feels to have these complications thrown at you I was really stunned when I first learned of my previa. But on a positive note it's good they caught it and it's a very manageable condition.

Thanks, guys. It's just jarring because things were going so well, I thought. But I do think it will be manageable once they tell me exactly what to do.

And, after doing some research, it doesn't seem like these issues are life-threatening to baby or me, so that's comforting. I just hope to be able to prevent any harm to baby. We love him so much already!

First, I'm sorry. But on a positive note it is very manageable.

First- oh no I'm sorry to hear that. But yes like em sai very very manageable.

I had my 28 week appointment today and everything looks great with baby. She is getting big now and measuring almost two weeks ahead :). The OB actually said "this kid is huge!" haha. I had my glucose test as well. The drink didn't tasted that bad, it's sort of like flat orange soda. I should get the results in the next day or so.

Some slightly not so good news my placenta previa hasn't budged at all from my last visit so now I'm back to most likely having a c-section. It's okay though I've been preparing myself for a c-section since about 12 weeks. The OB will make the final call at 32 weeks.

I also got my vaccination for pertussis which makes me feel better because we've had a big whooping cough outbreak here in NY.

Hope everyone else is doing well. Anyone have scans or appointments coming up?

Yay glad your scan went good!! I too got my pertussis vaccine as well. And sorry to hear about the placenta. And yes I have weekly scans every fri and bout to start the non stress testing too.
I'm sure your test will be negative

I'm worried about getting the pertussis vaccine... They said I should get it but idk. It kinda worries me.

Sweet - that's great you are doing weekly monitoring now. Mine is every two weeks until 32 weeks and then I start the weekly. I'm really starting to feel like we're in the homestretch now :)

Mo - what part worries you? You have some time to decide since they recommend getting it between 27-36 weeks.

Em, so happy for you!

Mo, what is the concern? I haven't heard anything bad about getting the vaccine.

AFM, I have a check up with my OB tomorrow...no US since I had one last week with the preiontologist. Starting to get really uncomfortable since my belly is getting bigger.

IDK...They want me to get Tdap..I just worry its too much. I've never had pertussis vaccine before and I am due for Tetanus next year but the recommendation is to get pertussis with each pregnancy....Just worries me this hasnt been studied on pregnant women and no one knows if it is truly safe although claims to be...It just seems like a lot to put into your body when you are pregnant. Last time I had a vaccine other than Flu I got a high fever. It makes me feel a little uneasy since this is a "new" indication for the vaccine. I don't feel like there is enough evidence to support the use of the vaccine during pregnancy yet. I'm still thinking about it but will probably do it at the hospital once baby is out.

IDK...They want me to get Tdap..I just worry its too much. I've never had pertussis vaccine before and I am due for Tetanus next year but the recommendation is to get pertussis with each pregnancy....Just worries me this hasnt been studied on pregnant women and no one knows if it is truly safe although claims to be...It just seems like a lot to put into your body when you are pregnant. Last time I had a vaccine other than Flu I got a high fever. It makes me feel a little uneasy since this is a "new" indication for the vaccine. I don't feel like there is enough evidence to support the use of the vaccine during pregnancy yet. I'm still thinking about it but will probably do it at the hospital once baby is out.

I'm torn too. I understand that there have been pertussis outbreaks in NY and DC recently and that it can be fatal for infants. But I had a reaction to the vaccine as a toddler. So, I'm currently planning to get it right after delivery, while I'm still in the hospital.

Thanks, Mo, for letting us know that it hasn't been studied in pregnant women. That gives me more of a reason to wait until after delivery.

Hi ladies. Just wanted to share. We confirmed yesterday we are expecting two girls. Very exciting. Dh was hoping for two girls but now with the news he is talking about wanting baby no 4 for a chance at a boy again lol. Actually all along he has been talking about wanting one more but always had said he only wanted two kids. My how things change lol. I don't think I want to be pregnant again. Lol

Congrats, Blue! We'll see what your DH thinks after your twins arrive.

AFM, the diabetes has me down. I'm not even a day into testing my blood and the numbers are disappointing. But it seems the exercise after eating helps. But can I exercise after every meal and snack? I'm already thin. How do I get enough nutrients and calories? I think I'm going to have to have a dietician tell me exactly what to do. And I might need to take insulin. I just worry about baby; he's getting too much sugar :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->