Assisted Conception and LTTTC - Due in 2013/2014

Hi! Doing great I think :) appt and scan Monday. I can't wait!! I'm secretly hoping to get written out of work but that's not going to happen lol... If I work too any hours/days I start to have more tightening. I'm going to tell my dr and see what come of it :) baby moves around a lot and i listen to hb every morning and it's perfect :)

How are you??

Ooh! Are you going to try and find out the gender? or have you already found out... sorry baby brain! :haha:

Ironically I have just been signed off work today for SPD. I'm the opposite of you and rather gutted that I can't do it anymore. I adore my job, but I'm simply in too much pain to 1) travel there, as it takes about an hour and a half each way and 2) Concentrate or sit comfortably while there :nope:

It's so lovely to feel them move around lots! Have you felt kicks from the outside yet?

Aside from the SPD, and the worry from myself and the MW that I might be getting Pre-e symptoms... I'm not too bad! :haha:

I did online food shopping for the first time today, that's exciting, right?! :haha:

I have had my anatomy scan already and we are team yellow!!
I get scans every time igo due to my high risk status :) I love seeing little mo!

I just started feeling outside kicks the other day!! So weird!! Love it.

Welsk that doesn't sound like fun. Had to look that up to see what it was. It's crazy what pregnancy can do to our bodies. I hope you don't end up with pre E. I ended up with it along with HELLP syndrome. Came on suddenly for me but ended up pretty sick from it. No fun at all! Fingers crossed you don't have to deal with it!

Mo: I'm glad things are going well for you!

Wellsk: Sorry to hear about the SPD and possible Pre-E. Hopefully, both are manageable.

AFM, it's been a doozy of a couple weeks. The gestational diabetes diagnosis sent me in a tailspin. And just when I was getting a handle on that, we got news that I'm a carrier for a rare genetic disorder that could cause severe mental rettardation. That made the GD look trivial.

The chances are only 0.5% that this baby has the disorder, but when it is your baby, you focus on that chance. I had an amnio and have to wait two weeks for the results. DH has been a bit of a mess about this news, so I've had to try to take care of him too.

I am remaining confident that this baby is part of the 99.5% who are not affected, while also researching the condition in order to understand what it would mean for us.

Since this forum is anonymous, I will share that the genetic counselor told us a late-term abortion is possible. But, if this is our fate, I think we can handle having such a child (and, eventually, adult) in our lives. It would involve mourning the loss of the child we thought we were going to have and accepting a different child instead.

Yes, this is all horrific. No, it won't happen to any of you. This was something in my family that I hadn't understood until a week or two ago, so I never looked into it.

We aren't talking to people about this. Hopefully, the test results will show that baby doesn't have the disorder. When that happens, we have decided to donate $1,000 to a charity that helps provide for children and adults with this disorder.

First so sorry about finding out about the disorder :( was this through routine blood tests? I didnt have my last set of markers done. Is DH a carrier also? Would you both would have to be carriers in order for the baby to be affected like with cystic fibrosis? Do you mind sharing what genetic abnormality it is? If you dont want to I understand! It seems your chances are so low; Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers that all is perfect with the amnio.

First so sorry about finding out about the disorder :( was this through routine blood tests? I didnt have my last set of markers done. Is DH a carrier also? Would you both would have to be carriers in order for the baby to be affected like with cystic fibrosis? Do you mind sharing what genetic abnormality it is? If you dont want to I understand! It seems your chances are so low; Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers that all is perfect with the amnio.

Thank you! All thoughts and prayers are appreciated :thumbup:

I'd prefer not to identify it. This was NOT discovered through routine blood tests. My mother told me like 10 years ago that there's something about my uncle and cousin that I should look into when having kids and mentioned it again recently, but I blew it off, not understanding what she meant. My uncle and cousin are perfectly fine, but are carriers. My mother was never tested, but we now know she must be a carrier too. So, she didn't stress about it when she had kids, nor did my grandparents, one of which must have been a carrier too.

For the general population, only 1 in 50,000 people are carriers. But if your parent is a carrier, you have a 49.5% chance of being a carrier and a 1% change of having one of a few disorders. For this baby, we were able to virtually eliminate all those disorders except one, which is why his risk is only 0.5% and not 1%.

How we figured this out: I finally brought a copy of my uncle's genetic diagnosis to my OB a couple weeks ago. That's what initiated the test. DH has not been tested. It only takes one parent.

Perhaps science gives us too much info. Is it worth stressing over a 0.5% chance? This is the result of a chromosomal abnormality, so you could get a karyotype analysis. Or a full gene sequencing. But, again, is that a good idea if it will only make you stress like us over a 0.5% chance?

On the other hand, we would likely have done PGD had we known this was a possibility. And we plan to do so for baby #2.

Oh, and this might also explain our "unexplained" infertility and miscarriage and chemical, as roughly two thirds of my eggs are not capable of producing a full-term baby.

Oh wow! 0.5% is very low but I would have done the amino also.. Fx for great results! Never an easy moment in infertility world.

First - sending lots of prayers your way :hugs: The odds are very low but I totally understand when it's your baby any chance at all is so nerve-wracking. I hope the amnio results come back quickly.

Scan today was great except little mo was not cooperative and we didn't get pics :( hb was good and growth was good and plenty of room! Cervix measured 3.4cm and no funneling. I'm going every 2 weeks now because of the tightening I've had.. Dr isn't overly concerned and says because of my smaller uterus and surgeries and being thin I will feel them more than usual. No more than 8 hr work days so that means no more call! And no more long work stretches either. If it gets worse I have to call right away but everything is looking great so far.

Mo - great update! It's good they are having you come in every 2 weeks. I've had the same problem getting pics of my little girl lately. She's always covering her face with her hands :)

First.. hoping for the best possible outcome..xoxo

Mo- great report!! My baby keeps covering his face on one side and my placenta is on the other!! Sucks!!

Hi Ladies :wave:

My latest scan showed the baby is sort of head down, with his head near my left hip and his butt to the right of my belly button. That's good, I guess, as maybe he'll be in the right position for delivery. And now I know what that huge lump is that pushes out next to my belly button when he's wiggling; it's his cute bottom!

No news on the amnio results yet, but I feel a bit more at peace because we have made the decision that we are definitely not going to consider any other route than to keep our little miracle. There was never a bit chance of making a different decision, but we did want to consider the alternatives.

Out of fear, DH had pulled back a bit from talking to the baby and kissing my belly, but between me pushing him and us making this decision, he's come around.

Anyway, I'm confident that everything is fine. Hopefully, the only thing that comes out of this is that a worthy cause gets a big donation out of us and our families, as we've come to understand a bit more about this disorder.

I hope everyone else is feeling well and things continue to go smoothly for you.

First- I'm glad you've come to a comfortable resolution to what's going on regardless of what you find out. Must be a big relief just knowing what the plan is. My baby is head down too!! Crazy how quick it's going now, right? I have my next sono (and last I believe) on Friday.. hoping to get a face picture without his hands in the way!!!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING AND CHANNUKAH TO ALL THAT CELEBRATE!! XOXO

What a tough thing to find out, First. My fingers and toes are crossed that bub is healthy and in that 99.5%.

Sorry I'm a little late in all the replies! First, I'm so sorry about the the risk factor for the disorder. I really hope that the test results come back okay and your little one is okay! It must make it so nervewracking and time must be dragging! :hugs:

Mo, so glad they're keeping a close eye on the tightenings. Fingers crossed everything is okay :)

Had my 30 week sono.. he's measuring at 3lbs 13 oz... they are anticipating a big boy.. happy to hear that!! I love chubby babies and I'm having a c section so it doesn't matter to me!! :)

Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->