Assisted Conception and LTTTC - Due in 2013/2014

Congratulations Sweetness! Your boys look perfect!! I had my little guy at 33w6d so can understand how frightening it feels getting the surprise you have tonhave them early. But I think getting the steroid shots in really helps make a difference. Oh and isn't magnesium the worst?! I was on it for the five days before I had my son and two days after. Awful! Sounds like your boys will be out of the NICU in no time! No bradys boys!! Congrats!

Sweetness. Congratulations. They are absolutely gorgeous and sounds like they are doing so well xxxxc

L4- man you were on mag for a long time! You strong woman you lol. Thanks so much, we are soooooooo in love we just hold them for hours and stare at them then each other. I am so blessed and grateful to have finally gotten preg and stay preg and be so into these babies my husband and I created.. Its just simply amazing.
I have been pumping every 3 hours to try to get something going and so far little drops here and there so thats good

Congratulations Sweetness! They're beautiful boys! :)

Such wonderful news Sweetness!!! I was nervous for a second, but what a perfect ending! The boys are gorgeous, and it sounds like you and DH are in 7th heaven! Congrats to you both!!! Oh, and I LOVE the names!!!

Congratulations Sweetness!!! Aww they are gorgeous! So so happy for you! Such great news they are doing so well and hope it won't be long before you're all home together. Love their names too!

Congrats sweet!! So happy for you that your premies are doing so amazingly!!! What a scary time it must have been for you guys. They are so precious!! The babies are great sizes for being so early! Congrats again. I was wondering where you were!

Yay, Sweetness! That is awesome!!! They are absolutely gorgeous! I'm sitting here crying while reading your post.

Sorry that you had all the drama, but it sounds like the boys are pretty strong for preemies. Enjoy! Oh, and very cool names.

Thanks again ladies we are just in awe its crazy crazy!! I will keep you all updated. Also starting to get more and more drops of colostrum! They are surprised since they are my first and im super early. btu im doing every 3 hours for 20 min :)

also first- I was reading and your baby IS going to be fine, I just know it. Not to mention we all worked so hard and the Lord wouldnt give us more then we can handle.

to everyone else hope all is well. And belly pics!! I cant share mine anymore lol. but i was measuring like late 40 weeks before c section

L4- man you were on mag for a long time! You strong woman you lol. Thanks so much, we are soooooooo in love we just hold them for hours and stare at them then each other. I am so blessed and grateful to have finally gotten preg and stay preg and be so into these babies my husband and I created.. Its just simply amazing.
I have been pumping every 3 hours to try to get something going and so far little drops here and there so thats good

Ha! I didn't feel strong at the time but after we work so hard to get these precious little miracles we do whatever it takes to bring them safely and soundly into the world and in my case to live through it. My one nurse would describe me as being "mag-e"! The hardest part about it is it made meeting my son a blur and I was already having to wait to meet him because I needed to have my csection under general anesthesia. Ugh..what we go through. But as I sit here now with my beautiful boy sleeping on my chest, I know I'd go through it all a million times over to have him!

Oh I remember the pumping every three hours! It's so hard to wake up in the middle of the night to pump and not have your Los with you. I hope you have the hands free bra. If not I highly recommend it!

Sweetness!!! I am sitting at work crying looking at the picture of you with Gavin and Gunner!! How beautiful!!! So happy they're doing ok and you are as well. It's so crazy to see them in real life- my baby is the same size as them and it's amazing to finally see what that looks like out of my belly!!! Congratulations Mommy!!!!

First- So sorry the amnio was a bust! I have faith that you're in the 99.5% zone... only a little while longer until you get to fall in love with your beautiful perfect baby!

Melissa- Welcome!! I'm Jessica...31 and I live in NY. My husband and I have known each other for 10 years and been married for 2... after many failed IUI attempts and an IVF M/C, I got pregnant again on a FET.. and am currently 31 weeks! I am very high risk so this whole road is scary and anxiety producing... but this is a great place to talk!!

Guen- Welcome to you as well! I completely agree with first's post to you!! I feel like you're not getting the right treatment there!! Have you thought about coming home to the U.S. for another opinion? Good news is that you're so close and could safely deliver the baby soon if necessary. Hope you're feeling OK!

Hi to Em, L4Hope, Mobaby, Turkey, Wellsk and anyone else I missed!!

Sweetness, I'm so excited for you!!! Congrats! I know it must have been scary but you have strong little boys there!

On another note, I got a call today that my fetal fibronectin test came back positive. Not sure if any of you have done this test. A negative test means you are not at risk for preterm labor, and a positive test means...nothing really according to my OB. It doesn't mean you will go into preterm labor it just means precaution needs to be taken. Since my cervix is so long, 5.22 cm, they aren't worried but I do have to have a round of steroids as an over treatment in case I do go into labor prematurely. Of course I'm really scared, but assured not to worry by both my OB, nurse, and periontologist midwife.

Sorry to hear about the test results Mells. I have had the test when I went in having contractions a couple of weeks ago. But mine came back as negative.
From what I've read, having a positive (as you said) doesn't mean a fat lot. It means you might go into labour in the next two weeks, but is highly inaccurate. I would take it that its good that they're being cautious, but potentially everything will be okay :)
As your ob has said, there is also reason to suggest that you won't be going into labour soon, but if you have even slight symptoms, I would speak to your ob/midwife/labour ward immediately! :thumbup:

BabyD, as far as I'm aware its not standard in the UK. As it's usually done during a pelvic exam if you're having other symptoms (like contractions).

Mells - sorry about the test results :hugs: I know it's hard not to worry but as long as the doctors aren't concerned and your cervix is so long I think you're in good shape.

Thanks for the positive words. I've been doing so reading up and a positive result in conjunction with a short cervix is the real indicator of trouble. I got even more reassurances for another nurse today that said my cervix was excellent and I should be fine. They are going to repeat the test at my next appt to see if there is any change. Scared but feeling better about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->