Assisted Conception and LTTTC - Due in 2013/2014

Aww bless! He will be a chunky boy by the sounds of it babyD! Not long to go now, you must be really excited! :)

Had my 30 week sono.. he's measuring at 3lbs 13 oz... they are anticipating a big boy.. happy to hear that!! I love chubby babies and I'm having a c section so it doesn't matter to me!! :)

Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving!!

Glad that everything is going well, BabyD!

Welcome Melissa! :hi:
Why don't you tell us about yourself? :)

I'm Kathryn, I'm 23 and my DH is 30, we've been married 3 and a half years from the Midlands, UK. We have MFI and conceived through an ICSI clinical trial in May using a Kisspeptin trigger.
Now expecting a little girl on 25th February :)

Hi ladies! :wave: May I join you? :flower:

I little bit about DH and me. We're Highschool sweethearts, got married really young and are coming up on our 13th Wedding Anniversary which is also my EDD.
We're LTTC, DH has Azoospermia (0 sperm) and I have Endometriosis. We got pregnant this time doing an IUI-D. Like a lot of you I don't really seem to fit in anywhere else. This pregnancy has been chalked full of complications and it's kind of hard to share with people that haven't had to fight this hard to get pregnant.
A little bit about my pregnancy to date. Everything went fantastic up until week 13-14. My NT came back amazing, the baby was actually where it was suppose to be this time. It seemed like things were going to go normal as planned. And then I got an e-mail from our sperm bank saying there was a problem with our donor. Turns out he's a carrier for a rare genetic disorder that can cause a lot of health problems and has a high mortality rate. The babies chances of inheriting it are anywhere between 1-50%. Then I had a Lupus flare, we didn't know before then that I even had Lupus (though it is strong in my family). Lupus can cause preterm birth in 25% of the ppl affected by it and 20% experience miscarriage/stillbirth. Then they decided to do an early test for GD, that came back + and I was told I'd have to go in for an OGTT every 4 weeks which I've declined (I view the glucose as poison) so now I get a A1C every 4 weeks and that's come back normal every time. The most recent development is that my OB accidentally found that I have Antithrombin Deficiency (high risk of blood clots) which he thinks might be hereditary. So now I have to inject myself daily with anti-coagulants. Statistic of miscarriage/stillbirth on that is 17%. To top it all off I'm also at high risk for preeclampsia.
All of that information combined, I can no longer receive fertility treatment in DK (I'm from Colorado btw, DH is Danish). Understandably so all hings considered. It just means this is our last chance.
Sorry for the long post. I hope I haven't scared too many of ya'll off.

Hi ladies! :wave: May I join you? :flower:

I little bit about DH and me. We're Highschool sweethearts, got married really young and are coming up on our 13th Wedding Anniversary which is also my EDD.
We're LTTC, DH has Azoospermia (0 sperm) and I have Endometriosis. We got pregnant this time doing an IUI-D. Like a lot of you I don't really seem to fit in anywhere else. This pregnancy has been chalked full of complications and it's kind of hard to share with people that haven't had to fight this hard to get pregnant.
A little bit about my pregnancy to date. Everything went fantastic up until week 13-14. My NT came back amazing, the baby was actually where it was suppose to be this time. It seemed like things were going to go normal as planned. And then I got an e-mail from our sperm bank saying there was a problem with our donor. Turns out he's a carrier for a rare genetic disorder that can cause a lot of health problems and has a high mortality rate. The babies chances of inheriting it are anywhere between 1-50%. Then I had a Lupus flare, we didn't know before then that I even had Lupus (though it is strong in my family). Lupus can cause preterm birth in 25% of the ppl affected by it and 20% experience miscarriage/stillbirth. Then they decided to do an early test for GD, that came back + and I was told I'd have to go in for an OGTT every 4 weeks which I've declined (I view the glucose as poison) so now I get a A1C every 4 weeks and that's come back normal every time. The most recent development is that my OB accidentally found that I have Antithrombin Deficiency (high risk of blood clots) which he thinks might be hereditary. So now I have to inject myself daily with anti-coagulants. Statistic of miscarriage/stillbirth on that is 17%. To top it all off I'm also at high risk for preeclampsia.
All of that information combined, I can no longer receive fertility treatment in DK (I'm from Colorado btw, DH is Danish). Understandably so all hings considered. It just means this is our last chance.
Sorry for the long post. I hope I haven't scared too many of ya'll off.

Oh my gosh, I am so sorry that you have had to endure all of this! :hugs:

I understand some of what you're going through. Have you had or are you planning an amino to check on the genetic condition? We are in the very long two week wait for results from ours.

The good news is that you've made it to 29 weeks! The baby should have greater than 90% chance of survival if born today. And many genetic disorders would have resulted in pregnancy loss much earlier. So, you're in great shape with this baby! And since IUI worked for you this time, you could do it again for subsequent children. IUI with donor sperm is not cheap, but it only costs a fraction of what IVF costs. Then again, you might decide that your family is complete after this baby.

Do you know the sex?

Wow guen! That is a lot to have going on now! Hopefully everything will come back fine with genetics (did you have amniocentesis) and if everything continues to go well you could go onto have another pregnancy if everything is treated well. I hope all continues to go okay!

Welcome Guen! So sorry to hear about all your problems... you have definitely not had a simple pregnancy so far :hugs:

Thanks ladies.

First: I read your post so I knew you'd be able to understand everything.

I've not been offered an amnio unfortunately. I don't think my Dr's are willing to do it either. The gov here wont allow for me to receive any further fertility treatment (even though I'm paying for it). We've had 3 u/s since week 20 and the baby won't reveal it's gender. We have a little ninja.

Three scans and still haven't found out baby's gender? Little one is obviously extreme shy! :haha:

Thanks ladies.

First: I read your post so I knew you'd be able to understand everything.

I've not been offered an amnio unfortunately. I don't think my Dr's are willing to do it either. The gov here wont allow for me to receive any further fertility treatment (even though I'm paying for it). We've had 3 u/s since week 20 and the baby won't reveal it's gender. We have a little ninja.

Wow, the govt won't allow it? Ugh. Anyway, focusing on this baby, I'll guess it's a girl, since boys are easier to spot, if you know what I mean :winkwink:

How are you feeling? Are you on a special diet?

Hi Guen. You have had quite the roller coaster ride through your pregnancy. Hoping it all ends with a good outcome for you and baby. I had pre E and HELLP syndrome so can relate with that but hopefully you won't have to experience that. You're getting very close to term!:hugs:

It looks like the amnio was a dud, not enough cells. We have to wait for birth to get answers. I'm feeling okay, just hoping we can get back the excitement we had before, even though we don't have an answer.

It looks like the amnio was a dud, not enough cells. We have to wait for birth to get answers. I'm feeling okay, just hoping we can get back the excitement we had before, even though we don't have an answer.

Oh First, I'm sorry to hear this. I think you will get the excitement back, it will just take a little time. I know it's hard but concentrate on the 99.5% chance that everything is just fine with your little guy. I know it's easier said than done though:hugs:

Oh first :( so sorry!! Man. To go through such a procedure and no answers now until delivery. Everything is going to turn out fine :) unknown it's hard not to worry but 99.5% chance of normal is favorable towards a perfectly healthy little boy :)

Guen - welcome! I'm sorry you've had to go through all of that :hugs:. I'll echo what the others said it's a great sign you've made it so far and I hope the rest of the pregnancy goes smoothly for you.

First, sorry to hear your news. And I agree with the others, concentrate on the positives.

AFM, officially released to my OB...no more high risk doc needed. The twins are measuring ahead which is good considering they will probably arrive earlier than a singleton.

Alright ladies here is my story why i have not been on here.

At 29+6 went to the doc office late at night to to clear watery fluid running down my leg etc. They examined me and my water broke on baby A so I was admitted right there til I deliver the boys. They gave me the steriod shots and the mag bolus and the two day drip. Which the bolus made me so sick. Anyway fluid cont to leak off and on but both babies doing great and had goo fluid.

At 31+3 started getting contractions that wouldnt go away with meds, and water was gushing out every time i would move. one do visualized my cerivx and it was closed. Approx 2 hours later still having contractions and getting worse. the peritanologist did a manual and I was dilated to a 3 at this time. The doc said "well your going to have your babies tonight" I instantly started crying in fear they would be too little. the doc reassured me they were almost 32 weeks and them both being breech and the way I was in active labor I wouldnt make it through the night and safer for the boys so nothing would come out like feet first, etc,

Called DH crying and he left work headed my way as the c-section was going to be in 45 min.

Anyway they did the c-section. baby a first and he was crying then next baby b and doc said he was crying before the umbilical cord was even cut.

Baby A Gunner 3 lbs 13 oz 15 1/2 in
Baby B Gavin 4 lbs 2 oz 17 in
born 12/3/13

They have been doing great! the doctors are very impressed with how great they are doing. Both babies on room air no help with breathing not even nasal cannula, both babies maintaining body heat. In fact one baby doesnt need the constant temp. I have been able to hold both babies

Doc said NICU for approx 1 month but if they cont to do great it will be less.

DH and I are sooooo in love!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->