Assisted Conception and LTTTC - Due in 2013/2014

Sweet - a huge congrats. Your boys are absolutely gorgeous. Like L4, I delivered at 33+3 after my water broke at 32 weeks. I also had a cesarean and Andrew was sent right to the NICU. It was very hard not having him with me all of the time and made the endless pumping seem like such a chore. But every minute I was able to spend with him made it worth it. Keep up the awesome work you're doing and enjoy every single cuddle you get. They're a great size - fingers crossed you're all home together for Christmas!!

How are all you mamas and soon-to-be-mamas feeling? We just got the call...SNOW DAY TODAY! This mama is going back to bed! Hope everyone is great!

How are all you mamas and soon-to-be-mamas feeling? We just got the call...SNOW DAY TODAY! This mama is going back to bed! Hope everyone is great!

Hey Turkey!! Happy snow day! I took off the day knowing my commute would be horrible! It's coming down hard here on Long Island!! Where are you? I heard its from Tennessee through New England! So pretty out there!

Snow day for me too, Turkey!

Sweetness: how are you and the babes doing?

Mells: how are you feeling? Any update?

AFM, we are back to being happy and excited, so that is good. I think DH is better with uncertainty (there are many uncertainties when raising a child) than knowing that we are about to know.

I'm at 33w3d and starting to slow down, more fatigue, less mobility. I'm trying to do prenatal yoga to prepare my body for labor, but I only really feel up to it about 2x/week. What are other people doing? Anyone getting a doula?

Hi everyone,

Some of you won't recognize my name because I have been reading but not posting for about 3 months. I have been busy at work preparing for my leave; I'm the only one that does my job so I need to get things ready!

I'll be 34 weeks tomorrow; getting so pumped. I'm pretty sure the baby dropped last week. I can suddenly breath easier, and there is a bit more pressure down below. There is definitely more aches and pains; loosening of hips/joints/etc. I'm pretty sure she's head down and ready to go too. In fact, I feel her little butt constantly pushing on the right side of my ribs, and when I push on it her whole body pushes against my bottom. I guess that means she's head down?

Does anyone know anything about diastasis recti? I described my symptoms to my doctor over an email and she said that's what it sounds like I have. It's when your abs start to split apart from each other in the middle; not fun. If you google it, you're going to see some gross pics, and that's not what I look like, but if I do a sit-up there is a ridge that pops up through my middle. So weird.

I don't think I'm going to go the whole 40 weeks; it's just a feeling I'm getting, but who knows; at this point, I'm sure she'll be perfectly healthy.

Congratulations to everyone who has given birth-even the early ones! God bless them that they are well; my sister also delivered her twins at 31 weeks; they were just over 2 lbs each but were completely fine and breathing on their own!

I'll try to check in more now that we're all getting so close to the end!

I just posted my 3D u/s at 20 weeks as my profile pic; I'm sure she's changed a lot in 14 weeks, but I love how it looks like she's smiling:)

Does it take a while for the profile pic to take effect?

I think you need to change the "avatar" not the profile pic in order for it to show up on your posts.

I'm 3 days behind you and my boy has been head down the past couple weeks (per ultrasound), but I don't think he's dropped. I know what you mean about the butt pushing out. Yesterday, something was pushing out so far/hard near my belly button, that I was asking him to please chill out! I should have just pushed back like you.

Congrats on making it this far!

P.S. - you do sit ups? I don't do sit ups, but when I sit up from lying down, my belly kinda forms a point in the middle. Is that what you are talking about or something else?

First, thanks I'll try changing the avatar.

Yes! Just push back a little....your baby will move...I do it all the time.

I don't do sit ups anymore, just cardio, but if I try to sit straight up from lying down, yes, there is a bit of a point. I was also having gnawing pain around my ribs and a burning patch of skin....both on the right side. My doc said that diastasis recti is what it sounded like, but I'm thinking it's just the baby's position and her pushing on me. My doc hasn't seen me to do a formal assessment.

Congratulations to you too!

Thanks ladies

Boys are doing super great. Today has been an extra rough day for me for some reason. Prob hormones. Just sucks having to leave them in the NICU. I mean I'm the mommy I'm suppose to take care of them. I feel helpless. I feel as if I'm letting them down. Then I'm to the point I'm sooooo exhausted but I don't want to not be there early. I am there from bout 9am-730pm. Later on the weekends when DH doesn't have to work the next day. (Makes it harder cause I live 1 hour 10 min away)

Good note is boys are 1 week old today (will post pics I took today in next post) they both are gaining weight and digesting it good and holding their temps. Before they can go to cribs they have to be 34 weeks (they are32+4) they will be ready before that but have to wait :(. I'm producing a lot of milk which is nice this early on and one of the babies trying to latch on. They also might get their IVs taken out 2-3 days cause they might not need them anymore!!

I'm hoping by end of dec one or both will be home. :)

Thank you ladies for asking. This NICU stuff is hard.

Sweet - aww they are gorgeous thanks for sharing pics! I'm sorry you're having a hard time :hugs: I'm praying they can quickly move to the regular cribs and be on they're way home soon and hopefully in time for Christmas.

2girls - I remember you! welcome back. If you have diastasis recti any sort of sit up will make it worse and should be avoided! If you're lying down you should roll to your side and then push yourself up with your arms. I'm starting to feel the beginning of this too which I think is made worse by my two abdominal surgeries since I had a large Incision near my belly button.

Aww sweet!! Babies are so cute! I'm glad they are doing well! I can only imagine how difficult it is with babies in nicu now. They look like they are doing fantastic though!

Welcome back 2girls. You are getting very close to dday!

Sweet, your boys look great! Sounds like they are doing very well and will be going home with you in no time! Soon both little ones will be ready to nurse, and god love you, I can't imagine nursing two!! Do they have you putting them to breast every time you're there for a feeding? I'm surprised they won't let the babies try an open crib until 34weeks. Maybe mine had that rule too but I thought it was just once they can maintain temperature on their own. I'm sure every place has their own way though. It was one of the hardest days of my life getting discharged and not bringing T home with me. Just remember they are getting the best care and what they need to be strong healthy little guys for when they come home. Having your babies in the NICU is a very stressful thing. Wannabe and I can completely understand. Not to mention you're body is still recovering, your hormones are out of whack, and you're EXHAUSTED! Hang in there, it will get better and you'll all be home soon! :hugs:
If you ever want to talk about things or have questions feel free to pm me. Sometimes it helps to know someone who has gone through it.

Sweet! they are beautiful! i can't imagine how hard it is for you but hang in there... this is making them healthy and strong! Thinking about you and hugging you through the post!!

2girls- Of course I remember you! Congrats on being so far along.. isn't it fun knowing we get to meet our babies soon?? I know it's a weird question but can you post a belly pic so I can see what you're talking about? My belly is big but I dont see or feel and point or ridge in the middle of my abs... My friend had Diastasis but I haven't seen her yet.. Only a few more weeks to go... maybe before 40 weeks as you say!! I'm sure you dropped already.. I know my baby is head down but I dont feel that drop everyone speaks of yet.. but i'm only 32 weeks... waiting to breathe easier and stop having reflux!!

Hey everyone! happy wednesday!

Oh and we officially booked the OR for the c section!!! It's February 1st at 9am!!! So exciting!

2girls- Of course I remember you! Congrats on being so far along.. isn't it fun knowing we get to meet our babies soon?? I know it's a weird question but can you post a belly pic so I can see what you're talking about? My belly is big but I dont see or feel and point or ridge in the middle of my abs... My friend had Diastasis but I haven't seen her yet.. Only a few more weeks to go... maybe before 40 weeks as you say!! I'm sure you dropped already.. I know my baby is head down but I dont feel that drop everyone speaks of yet.. but i'm only 32 weeks... waiting to breathe easier and stop having reflux!!

Thank you; yes; it's so exciting; I'm starting to get a bit anxious/nervous about it. I'll try to post a pic of my regular belly and then I'll try to flex in a way to make that bulge and post that pic too so you can see the difference. It might not even be Diastasis; it might be a normal bulge that all pregnant women have for all I know! As for the drop, I didn't feel anything in particular. I woke up last Thursday, a day past 33 weeks, and suddenly I've stopped having shortness of breath and a bit more lower pressure. Since that day, I've also had more pelvic joint pain all around. I'll try to see at my appt. tonight if I can get a position and baby size estimate!

BabyD- Here you go: The first one is my regular belly; nice and round. The second one I took as I tried to flex like I was doing a sit-up (I was actually standing) and it's taken from point-of-view, so looking down. There isn't much of a bulge, but it is more obvious if I was to do an actual sit-up.

Hi everyone! Babyd yay for appt booked!!!

2girls you look great! diastasis recti isnt a huge concern and it caused by weakened abd muscles and should go away after the baby is gone and post baby body comes back :)

AFM: Had my scan today and once again baby didnt want to give us a full face shot but we got a little bit. I am sad because the tech only printed the 4D images and I felt like the profile was seen on the regular pics better. Okay so now the bad part: I have to go in weekly now because I had some funneling. There was 1.1cm of funneling when 2 weeks ago there was none. My cervix length was 3.4-3.7 so there is still 2.3cm below the funneling and as long as it stays the same as that then I dont have to go out of work or have any other intervention. I have been having a bunch of BH contractions this week as well. So I go in on the 19th for another check to see how things are then the week after that. Its very hard to get once a week appts and try to figure out my work with it because they are not very flexible and now with the holidays we are short but I have to do what I have to do. Here is a pic of little mo but its not great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->