Assisted Conception and LTTTC - Due in 2013/2014

Mo, it's a great pic! Cute little eyes and nose!

I checked with a different doc tonight in person at my appt and he said diastasis can't be diagnosed until after delivery. If the tissue between my abs doesn't shrink back down, then I have it. He said the ridge I have now is normal. He also said she is head down facing my back ready to go!

BabyD - great news about booking the OR! How exciting to have a date!!

Mo - sorry to hear about the funneling :hugs: The good thing is they caught it early and will monitor you so closely now. I hope your work will be flexible with you but like you said you've got to do what you've got to do. Cute pic!

I had my 32 week appointment and got some great news! My placenta has moved again and is no longer considered a previa :happydance: Now I can go full term yay! I was going to deliver at 37 weeks which is standard when you have a placenta previa but now it's up to baby when she's ready to arrive. I'm so happy and relieved! They estimated her weight as a little over 4.5 lbs or 75th percentile. The other good news is she has moved into the head down position :)

That's awesome news, Em!

You too, 2G1B! My boy is head down, but his back is toward mine. At my childbirth class, they recommended leaning forward ("like a man") when sitting and doing cat/cow pose to get baby's back to flip around. I'll keep trying, but he hasnt turned yet. Still plenty of time, I think.

That's awesome news, Em!

You too, 2G1B! My boy is head down, but his back is toward mine. At my childbirth class, they recommended leaning forward ("like a man") when sitting and doing cat/cow pose to get baby's back to flip around. I'll keep trying, but he hasnt turned yet. Still plenty of time, I think.

First, I learned a lot last night at my appt. One of the doctors I see has been in practice for 25 years and said it has never mattered what position the baby is in, as long as the head is down. He said the baby is going to tilt, move, turn, do all sorts of things until the very end. I wouldn't worry. He also said there is no such thing as "dropping" and "lightening," that it's all made up so that doctors had something to talk about with their patients 25 years ago. Ha ha. He said the reason it's easier to breath in the 3rd trimester is b/c there is less amniotic fluid causing pressure against your lungs, nothing to do with baby. Same for the epidural slowing things down, he said not true. He explained that basically someone without an epidural has more motivation to push because they are in pain, so someone who is not in pain isn't exactly in a hurry to get that baby out. Plus, those women that stall out and are in pain longer are more likely to request an epidural; but they are the ones not making progress in the first place. Makes sense; I never thought of it that way. Good things to know, I suppose!

Wow! So exciting that all you ladies are getting ready to meet your babies!!!!! I can't wait to see pics of all the little ones!

AFM, doing well...feel the twins move all the time. I think I'm starting to get BH contractions a little, but the nurse also told me the cramping could be from growing pains. Third tri on Monday!!!!

It is exciting! You can look at my belly and see big lumps moving across: a butt, a foot, whatever.

Ladies in the 3rd tri, does anyone else occasionally feel something digging into your hip joint? It feels like baby likes to lodge his fist there which makes it really awkward to raise my knee.

And sometimes his movements hurt, like when he presses against the placenta hard. DH told me that everytime I tell him about these things, he thinks "yay, go baby!" (as opposed to "poor wife"). It's cute that he's excited (especially after the ordeal last week).

2girls1baby. My dr said the same thing. No such thing as dropping meaning baby is coming sooner. My dd never dropped and came early and fast. Also the epidural she said the same

It is exciting! You can look at my belly and see big lumps moving across: a butt, a foot, whatever.

Ladies in the 3rd tri, does anyone else occasionally feel something digging into your hip joint? It feels like baby likes to lodge his fist there which makes it really awkward to raise my knee.

And sometimes his movements hurt, like when he presses against the placenta hard. DH told me that everytime I tell him about these things, he thinks "yay, go baby!" (as opposed to "poor wife"). It's cute that he's excited (especially after the ordeal last week).

Which part of the hip joint hurts? Is it one of the sides or the back? If it's the back, it could be your sacroiliac joint; this is below your tailbone and can really hurt bad when it's loosening up to prepare for delivery. This doesn't sound like what you're having, though. If it is, you can get a belt to wear; I did and it helps SO MUCH. I get more of my baby's butt lodging into the right side of my ribs, trying to push my ribs out or something...hurts. I hope you feel better soon; maybe you can give your baby a nudge to move?

2girls1baby. My dr said the same thing. No such thing as dropping meaning baby is coming sooner. My dd never dropped and came early and fast. Also the epidural she said the same

oh good, nice to know more than one doctor is saying those things!

Has anyone felt their baby have hiccups? Two nights ago I felt this pulsing on the left side of my belly... thought it felt like a heartbeat.. like every two seconds for 10 minutes or so... Haven't felt anything rhythmic like this before so it kinda freaked me out. Then around 3:30am today it woke me up again. I assumed it was hiccups but it didn't bounce like I'd think hiccups would. I called my OBGYN and they said it could be my aorta or hiccups but I could come in if I wanted to be put on a monitor just to be sure... I said yes I'll come in,... but has anyone felt this before?

Hmmm, I'm not sure. It potentially could be hiccups, get them most days. They feel like tiny little kicks or prods every few seconds. But only quite faint. I can feel them from the outside too... don't know if that sounds familiar?

My friend's baby had hiccups all the time. It was obvious and her belly would move with each one. I think it all depends on how baby is lying in there. With 2, I will notice one is moving and I guess she wakes the other and then she will get moving. It's like dueling banjos in there!

My friend's baby had hiccups all the time. It was obvious and her belly would move with each one. I think it all depends on how baby is lying in there. With 2, I will notice one is moving and I guess she wakes the other and then she will get moving. It's like dueling banjos in there!

That's so cute, Mells!

I can't say I've ever identified hiccups, just lots of movement.

Has anyone felt their baby have hiccups? Two nights ago I felt this pulsing on the left side of my belly... thought it felt like a heartbeat.. like every two seconds for 10 minutes or so... Haven't felt anything rhythmic like this before so it kinda freaked me out. Then around 3:30am today it woke me up again. I assumed it was hiccups but it didn't bounce like I'd think hiccups would. I called my OBGYN and they said it could be my aorta or hiccups but I could come in if I wanted to be put on a monitor just to be sure... I said yes I'll come in,... but has anyone felt this before?

Yes! My baby gets them almost every day; they are closer together than adult ones; like every couple of seconds like you said. I noticed that if I push down on my belly where I think they're coming from, I can't feel them anymore, but when I let go I can feel them again. I'm SURE you heart is totally fine; this sounds like hiccups to me, pulsating and rhythmic little tiny "bounces"! I think you're not feeling big bounces because it's just a tiny baby and muffled by all that fluid too. Some days it's the only movement I feel, so I'm happy to feel them!

You make me feel so much better! They put me on the monitor and obv no contractions and his heartrate is just fine... just a new feeling. He said it could be my own aortic pulse I feel but I didnt' think that's what it seemed like. I could swear it's hiccups... but its like 2-3 seconds apart... As long as he's ok then Im ok with it.. just a weird feeling compared to the normal movement and kicks...which I feel all day long!! Hope everyone is well!!

You make me feel so much better! They put me on the monitor and obv no contractions and his heartrate is just fine... just a new feeling. He said it could be my own aortic pulse I feel but I didnt' think that's what it seemed like. I could swear it's hiccups... but its like 2-3 seconds apart... As long as he's ok then Im ok with it.. just a weird feeling compared to the normal movement and kicks...which I feel all day long!! Hope everyone is well!!

The hiccups are kinda cute if you think about it:)

Does anyone know if frequent Braxton-Hicks can make the delivery faster/smoother? I'm not talking about the BH's that come on toward the end of pregnancy. I have been getting them extremely frequently since 20 weeks, I'm talking like 8+/hour; my doctor was never concerned and obviously it wasn't an issue, since I'm now 36 weeks, but I just wondered if you have heard anything....

Does anyone know if frequent Braxton-Hicks can make the delivery faster/smoother? I'm not talking about the BH's that come on toward the end of pregnancy. I have been getting them extremely frequently since 20 weeks, I'm talking like 8+/hour; my doctor was never concerned and obviously it wasn't an issue, since I'm now 36 weeks, but I just wondered if you have heard anything....

I haven't heard anything like that, but it makes sense. I hope you have an easy delivery :thumbup:

As far as I know, I haven't had contractions yet. But, and I know this is silly, I tried squeezing my nipple today and a little liquid came out. I hope this means that breastfeeding will come easily! Anyone know anything about that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->