Assisted Conception and LTTTC - Due in 2013/2014

I've had colostrum since about 19 weeks! Crazy! I was wondering the same thing!

I didn't have any Braxton hicks with my dd and I had a very very easy delivery. Woke up at 5am one morning with full on labor and contractions 5 mins apart. Got a very fast shower. Arrived at hospital at 6 am. My dd was born in one push by 6:40am no meds, no drs, or nurses. Lol. They had admitted me to a room but said since it was my first they assumed I would be there all day.

As for colostrum meaning easier time breast feeding I haven't heard that. One part if breast feeding is having enough milk but I think the bigger predictors if success in my experience and knowing of some friends - is how good us the babies latch and how tired is the baby or jaundiced. Also the effort and lack of sleep that goes into breat feeding since they cluster feed so often giving you no rest or breaks (and no one can relieve you if that duty unless you do bottles sometimes).

I never leaked colostrum but I had a very successful experience breast feeding. My friend who did leak colostrum had an abundant supply of milk and had an easy time pumping extra milk. Yet my other friend never leaked colostrum and she had an abundant supply too

I didn't have any Braxton hicks with my dd and I had a very very easy delivery. Woke up at 5am one morning with full on labor and contractions 5 mins apart. Got a very fast shower. Arrived at hospital at 6 am. My dd was born in one push by 6:40am no meds, no drs, or nurses. Lol. They had admitted me to a room but said since it was my first they assumed I would be there all day.

As for colostrum meaning easier time breast feeding I haven't heard that. One part if breast feeding is having enough milk but I think the bigger predictors if success in my experience and knowing of some friends - is how good us the babies latch and how tired is the baby or jaundiced. Also the effort and lack of sleep that goes into breat feeding since they cluster feed so often giving you no rest or breaks (and no one can relieve you if that duty unless you do bottles sometimes).

I never leaked colostrum but I had a very successful experience breast feeding. My friend who did leak colostrum had an abundant supply of milk and had an easy time pumping extra milk. Yet my other friend never leaked colostrum and she had an abundant supply too

May all our deliveries be that easy!

New gross topic: where are your stretch marks, if you have any?

I have ugly stretch marks on the undersides of my boobs, but nowhere else. Not sure how it's possible that there aren't any on my giant belly; maybe they show up after delivery?

Blue - wow! That was a fast delivery! That happened to a friend of mine. First baby but she delivered 15 min after arriving at the hospital and only a couple hours after waking up with contractions. She was soo close to having her little boy in the car!

First - I'm getting them on my boobs too and I think they might be starting on either side of my belly button. The skin just looks weird there. I'm so prone to stretch marks ugh. I have them all over my hips from puberty :(. I've been slathering all sorts of lotions and oils on even though I know it doesn't actually help.

Blue - wow! That was a fast delivery! That happened to a friend of mine. First baby but she delivered 15 min after arriving at the hospital and only a couple hours after waking up with contractions. She was soo close to having her little boy in the car!

First - I'm getting them on my boobs too and I think they might be starting on either side of my belly button. The skin just looks weird there. I'm so prone to stretch marks ugh. I have them all over my hips from puberty :(. I've been slathering all sorts of lotions and oils on even though I know it doesn't actually help.

I'm going with olive oil after every shower or bath.

You just can't help but try and use something in the vain hope they won't appear! It's meant to be due to genetics isn't it? My mum didn't get any, but I was born at 32 weeks, so maybe she got lucky and would've got them later :shrug:

I haven't got any anywhere currently, but I've got a nervous feeling that the skin around my belly button is very itchy (meant to be a common side effect) and the skin just above my pubic area seems really really soft, like it's been stretched. I thought I saw something on my stomach yesterday, but I might be paranoid!

I've been using a Body Shop Body Butter, but before then I had some Neal's Yard Mother's Balm, which is meant to be for stretchmarks, but is really expensive!

As for nipple leakage, I've been leaking colostrum for the past few weeks, it certainly does not look appetising in anyway! :haha:

Good day today! Went to ob and he said I can be treated like a normal ob pt now!! I'm still on the high risk team but now the weekly ultrasounds are over (which makes me kinda sad but I can look at work!) so I go every two weeks from this point on for just the belly measurements and heartbeat and weight etc. I tried to get out of the glucose tolerance test but he said basically it's not an option :( well I could poke my finger 6 times daily for a couple weeks and I hate poking my finger so I gave in :( I boo. I did get some awesome pics today though!

Hey ladies just another update. Boys are doing good. Gunner came home yesterday weighing 5 lbs. he is eating great and everything. He had an appt today at 35 weeks with cardiology due to a murmur which looks normal because they were so early. He also had is first pediatrician appt and all went well and she was impressed.

Gavin will be home in a few days hopefully. He couldn't pass his car seat test the last couple days (but did today!!) and he lost a little but of weight. So he has tom hav 2 days of weight gain before he gets to join his brother. We are very happy.
Hope all is well

In the photo Gavin on left (he no longer has an NG tube) Gunner on right

Glad you ladies are doing good. Have been keeping track just hard with everything right now

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 8
Sounds great, Sweetness!

Mo: fastastic picture. My docs don't do those, so we'll just have to wait a few more weeks to see baby's face.

Sweetness, I'm so happy to hear your boys are doing so well. I hope that you are all together at home soon!!!!

New gross topic: where are your stretch marks, if you have any?

I have ugly stretch marks on the undersides of my boobs, but nowhere else. Not sure how it's possible that there aren't any on my giant belly; maybe they show up after delivery?

None yet...but 3 1/2 weeks left so anything can happen! I've been using Earth Mama Angel Baby natural stretch oil daily...at least it keeps the itching at bay if nothing else!

I remember a friend who got stretch marks in the last week that she went overdue.

She was so mad about that lol. I don't blame her. Except I had stretch marks before being pg so it doesn't worry me too much lol.

I've had a few period like cramps randomly this week... wondering what's going on down there!

Sweetness- they are perfect.. hope you can take Gavin home ASAP!!

As for stretch marks.. I haven't gotten any (yet).. nearing 35 weeks now... my mom never got them after 3 kids so lets hope its the same for me. My nipples did get larger and darker though.. i hope they go back!

Everyone thinks I'm going to go earlier than my scheduled c section because of how low i am... anyone else getting scared??

Mo - cute pic!! Such a sweet little face!

Sweetness - so good to hear from you and that both boys are going well :thumbup: I hope Gavin is home soon.

BabyD - I'm wondering the same thing lately. I saw my OB last week and mentioned that I was having painful braxton hicks every day and she said those are probably regular contractions and not BH. So now I'm curious if I'll go earlier. We're getting so close!

My doc said that dehydration can cause cramping. So when I get them, I just start drinking more water and they usually go away.

My dr said a full bladder can cause them and not enough water... Then told me to make sure I don't let my bladder get full and drink a bunch of water when I start having them... Guess that means to drink water while on the toilet? I don't see how I can drink a bunch of water but not let my bladder get full. Lol.

Hmm, I don't think I'm having contractions yet. And I'm at 36w1d. I guess this baby is perfectly comfortable where he is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->