Assisted Conception and LTTTC - Due in 2013/2014

Mobaby! I literally laughed out loud reading your post... i couldnt agree more.. lets drink on the toilet!

Thinking of all you ladies getting close! Praying for a New Year full of love and joy!!!!

I saw the OB and high risk docs today, 36w6d. Baby is doing well and his head is engaged in my pelvis. BUT my cervix is long and closed and not showing any signs of letting him out soon. Induction will be in about 2.5 weeks, but I'm going to start the long walks, spicy food, and BD'ing this weekend!

First, I can't wait to see you little one!!!!

Had my OB appt today with US. girls are looking good, both over 3 lbs. I'll have weekly cervical checks to make sure all continues to go well. Currently at just about 5cm length and closed!

That's a great cervix length!! Mine is 3.5cm since 15 wks. Will they show you the girls each week or only check cervix?

That's a great cervix length!! Mine is 3.5cm since 15 wks. Will they show you the girls each week or only check cervix?

I'm not sure. They are so nice there, they probably would show me the babies, but they are also very busy. :shrug:

Mells - great news! I'm loving the weekly appointment myself it's just so reassuring.

First - wow, you are so close!! So exciting!! I still have about 4.5 weeks. Do you have everything ready to go? We still need to put the stroller together and finish moving some boxes out of the nursery into storage. I'm almost finished washing all of the bedding and clothing. That took forever!

Mells - great news! I'm loving the weekly appointment myself it's just so reassuring.

First - wow, you are so close!! So exciting!! I still have about 4.5 weeks. Do you have everything ready to go? We still need to put the stroller together and finish moving some boxes out of the nursery into storage. I'm almost finished washing all of the bedding and clothing. That took forever!

Em- I'm with you.. still so much to do, but you've done more than us!! I haven't washed anything yet- I think my mom or nanny said she'd do that...today we're gonna put the stroller together and the bassinet... our furniture still hasn't arrived! it's on backorder! Getting nervous for the delivery? Any idea when they want you to deliver?

I haven't done anything yet either... I have 71 days left!! Omg!!

BabyD - we're going to put the stroller together today too :). My friend told me we should so it can air out a little since it might have that new plastic smell. That's great your Mom and Nanny can help with the washing. Definitely let them! I think it's taking so long for me because I'm being ridiculous and air drying a bunch of stuff. Plus I bought too much clothing :haha: My OB said they won't let me go past my due date so if I don't go into labor by Feb 4th they will induce me. What day are you delivering?

Mo - I've only made real progress in the past two weeks or so. You still have time!

Hope everyone had a great weekend! I'm going in tomorrow for my growth ultrasound and weekly biophysical profile. My last growth ultrasound was 4 weeks ago so I can't wait to find out how much my LO has grown.

Are any of you doing cord blood banking? DH and I are discussing it but haven't made a final decision yet.

Em, we talked about cord blood banking, but with two it is more expensive than we can really afford upfront. It's nice to think its available, but we have to consider everything in double with twins.

I havent even looked into cord blood banking..We probably wont. I need to research it a little more though.

We did cord blood banking with dd1. I doubt we will do it this time as it is so expensive to pay storage every year. But then I have guilt cause the baby typically can't make use of their own cord - so doing these cords would benefit dd1. Actually you can apparently donate your cord blood. If everyone did donation there would be a huge bank and no need to consider private banking.

Thanks, ladies. I was pretty shocked when I saw how much money they charge for it.

Blue - DH and discussed that if we do it for this baby and we're lucky enough to have more children, we would want to do it for each of them but then it would be so much money due to the monthly storage fee yikes! If we don't do private banking I will donate to the public bank.

Em- We scheduled our C section for Sat Feb 1st...24 days to go!!! That's a good idea about the stroller.. what stroller did you get? Our last sono was at 28 weeks! So it's been 8 weeks- I'm dying to see our little guy and see how much he weighs and hopefully what he looks like!

I returned so much clothing because I know in the beginning he'll just be in onesies and if he's over 8 lbs like they're predicting, he wont even fit into newborn clothing.. he'll go straight to 0-3 mos...

After extensive research and discussing with doctors.. we decided not to do cord blood banking. Seems the benefits don't outweigh the costs. And god forbid we ever needed stem cells for a treatment, we'd pay out of pocket. We don't even know if we'll be lucky enough to have more children...

Em- We scheduled our C section for Sat Feb 1st...24 days to go!!! That's a good idea about the stroller.. what stroller did you get? Our last sono was at 28 weeks! So it's been 8 weeks- I'm dying to see our little guy and see how much he weighs and hopefully what he looks like!

I returned so much clothing because I know in the beginning he'll just be in onesies and if he's over 8 lbs like they're predicting, he wont even fit into newborn clothing.. he'll go straight to 0-3 mos...

After extensive research and discussing with doctors.. we decided not to do cord blood banking. Seems the benefits don't outweigh the costs. And god forbid we ever needed stem cells for a treatment, we'd pay out of pocket. We don't even know if we'll be lucky enough to have more children...

That's the thing I don't think the technology is there yet with banked cord blood. It holds a lot of promise but who knows if it will get there in our lifetime. We don't know if we'll be lucky enough to have more children either.

That's so great you have an actual date scheduled for delivery. Makes it so much easier to plan everything. It won't be long now until you're holding your little guy so exciting!!

We got the Stokke Xplory because we need something heavy duty for the city. Since we don't drive here our stroller is basically our car. I got a great deal on it :). I have my eye on the Bugaboo Buffalo too since so many of our friends have bugaboos and love them. I figured we can always get it and sell the Stokke on eBay later if we decide. Which one did you get?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->