Assisted Conception and LTTTC - Due in 2013/2014

So, I'm finally getting around to deciding about cord blood banking. Here's my advice: don't wait too long!

I'm leaning toward to the public (free, donation) option, but it might be too late for that. Unless you are delivering at specific hospitals that are affiliated with a public bank, you have to sign up between weeks 28 and 34 of pregnancy.

I didn't know about the public option until recently, so I hadn't looked into it. Private banking seems very unlikely to result in any medical benefit, so I'm thinking maybe we won't do it.

Blue, feel better soon!

Mo, I've had discharge my whole pregnancy too. More yellow than anything else...and annoying mostly.

So I failed my gestational diabetes test :( now have to go back for the long one. Ugh!

Sorry you have to do the long test now Mo but good thing you did it. Werent you thinking you didn't want to take it? Hopefully you pass this one, I know a few who have failed the one hour but were fine.

Yes I have to do 3 hr... I was debating with my dr about doing it and he basically said I had to. I'm so disappointed!! I have no risk factors at all! I haven't gained too much wt and baby measures normal. I'm so bummed :( I failed by more than 30 pts. Boo!

Sorry Mo! Hopefully it was just a fluke and you'll pass the 3 hr. That happened to my sister in law.

I think I'll pass also.. I felt so faint a couple hours later so I think my sugar dropped really low.

On other news: delivery date march 18!!!

I think I'll pass also.. I felt so faint a couple hours later so I think my sugar dropped really low.

On other news: delivery date march 18!!!

Mo: I have GD. And my 1 hour test was only 143 (threshold = 135). It really upset me for the first few days, but once I met with a nutritionist and got my diet plan, I felt much better. I have successfully managed my blood glucose, with just a low dose of oral meds before bedtime.

My baby has no effects from the GD. In retrospect, I'm glad I failed the test, because it has given me the opportunity to protect the baby. He is 54th percentile for size, so right on track.

Yes, I have missed cookies and the holidays were a challenge, but you get the hang of the diet. And Breyers CarbSmart ice cream bars have been a savior when I've needed a treat!

But I hope it was just a fluke and you don't have to restrict your diet.

AFM, I had my first real contractions this morning! I woke up with menstrual-like cramping. And I happened to be going to the OB a few hours later. I'm 1-2 cm dilated! Apparently, it's now just a waiting game. I could deliver this weekend or could make it to induction day in a week and a half...

First that's exciting!!! Eek! Hopefully soon!

Yes I will hate to have GD but it is what it is if I do...I was 164 after the first hour... I had no sugar yesterday and ate lightly all day yesterday and ate last 13 hrs before test so I was shocked!

First - wow!! So exciting! I have contractions like that almost every day but they aren't doing anything. I had a cervical check this week and I'm not dilated at all. You're going to be holding your little guy so soon yay!!

First that's exciting!!! Eek! Hopefully soon!

Yes I will hate to have GD but it is what it is if I do...I was 164 after the first hour... I had no sugar yesterday and ate lightly all day yesterday and ate last 13 hrs before test so I was shocked!

I'm told that if you consume too little sugar/carbs, you could become hypoglycemic, which makes your body break down fat and pump sugar into your veins. (I think this is the idea behind the Atkins diet.) But I'm no expert on this stuff. In fact, it's a bit mysterious to me.

I couldn't get my fasting glucose (morning sugar) down; it was higher than my sugar before bed (where'd the extra sugar come from? :shrug:) We tried different bedtime snacks, no snack, etc. Finally, I started taking the oral medication before bed, with a snack, and that did the trick. The rest of the day is easily controlled with diet.

Anyway, your 3 hour test could be without incident.

But mine was much worse: 87, 203, 204, 157. It actually went up between 1 and 2 hours after drinking the drink!

As for this little guy, I wish there were an egg timer on my belly to tell me whether he's actually coming soon! With every little backache, I wonder whether this is it :blue:

And how soon he'll be here :crib:

:thumbup:

First,, I'm so excited for you!!!

Mo, I failed my 1 hr by 20 so,etching points, but passed my 3 hr. So you never know.

My friend had the same thing mobaby. She didn't pass the 1 hour but passed the 3 hour. Good luck.

I was surprised I passed the 1 hour because my dr said with twins it puts you at higher risk and I've been eating anything I want and can handle lol.

First that's soooo exciting!!

We have a lot of ladies getting very close!! Will def be tryingto keep up more now that both babies home and not all that driving!!

It's crazy how far we all have come

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->