Assisted Conception and LTTTC - Due in 2013/2014

I am carrying low as well...which the baby likes to kick me low also. IDK if that means boy or girl but everyone keeps saying boy based on the way I am carrying. I feel like its all in my hips but we will know for sure very soon!

First a contraction! I wonder if you are dilating more and thats why you had it just once? IDK but sounds like a good sign.

2girls you look cute in your pic! When did your belly button pop out (that sounds weird I know but I was wondering when mine would :) )

Anyone know what a pain under the rib cage could be? Its achy and burning type...I keep thinking its a foot or an elbow because it hurts more when I bend over. Its been like 3 days or so. I cant feel kicks up high because of my placenta position. I feel plenty low so I am not sure where baby is at right now. I tried to push the area to see if I could get baby to move but nothing.

Thanks! That rib burning pain...ughh! Yes...I had that for months! My one doc said it could be diastasis recti, but it could also just be where the baby likes to rest and push. Mine went numb from time to time too...probably pushing on some nerves.

My belly button popped out very gradually...I would say around beginning or couple weeks into third tri.

Mo: sorry about the discomfort. I have had the opposite, something wedged in my hip joint(s). I'm guessing a fist or foot. Sometimes I just have to straighten my legs, even when sitting.

Sweetness: they are awesome! I'm glad to hear your enjoying your boys. Yes, I was 1-2 sm dilated last Friday. Back to the doctor tomorrow. We'll see where I am. Labor symptoms are still gone now. But I'm going to sleep now and it's more common to start labor while sleeping.

Wow!!! Things are getting exciting!!!!

Keep us posted First and remember with your contractions...it's like driving in an awful rain storm, every so often you hit an underpass and get a moment of relief. My doula said that to me with DD and it helped me to regroup. Keep us posted!!!

2 girls...you look awesome!!! Good Luck!!!

Sweetness those are some seriously delicious little boys!!! Any advice for terrified future mothers of twins???

Mells, BabyD, blue, Em, Mo and all the other gals...hope the discomfort, aches pains etc. aren't too bad, in general I'm so glad things are going well for you gals...so excited each time I open this thread!!! Thinking of you all!!!

Sweetness, your little sons are adorable :)

First; have you had anymore signs?

Turkey, that's a great way to think about contractions :)

AFM; saw my midwife this morning, who wasn't really sure (or overly concerned), she said it could be the start of labour or it could juat be pains. She said if it gets worse then I should go to the L&D ward. She also said that if I was to go into labour now that they wouldn't try and stop it.
Guess I'll just have to see how I feel :shrug:

Wellsk - it's good that you got to see your midwife. Hopefully the pain is better now. I remember when I first told me they don't try to stop labor after 34 weeks. It was quite a shock!

Turkey - thank you! How are you feeling?

It does seem early doesn't it Em? Although I guess everything is pretty much at full maturity at 34 weeks. They'll just be a bit smaller and maybe some time in NICU :shrug:

I wouldn't mind her arriving early. But I'd be scared that she'd need time in NICU and maybe struggle with breastfeeding.

Does anyone else who is 9 months along have to teeter-totter on the toilet seat to get all your pee out these days? By the time I'm done I'm practically lying belly-down on the floor to empty my bladder. I'm sure if anyone saw me through those 3-foot wide bathroom stall door gaps, they would think I'm having convulsions.

I read about leaning backwards and forwards in order to ensure that you're emptying your bladder fully. But personally (I might be a lucky one), I think my bladder seems to be emptying okay, as when I tip forwards there's nothing more to empty... unless I'm not doing it right :shrug:

Does anyone else who is 9 months along have to teeter-totter on the toilet seat to get all your pee out these days? By the time I'm done I'm practically lying belly-down on the floor to empty my bladder. I'm sure if anyone saw me through those 3-foot wide bathroom stall door gaps, they would think I'm having convulsions.

Yes me! I read somewhere it's the weight of the uterus and baby pressing on the urethra making it harder for urine to get out. I find leaning forward helps but it takes me forever to pee these days. Add to that having to go every 30 min or so and I feel like I spend half of my day in the bathroom.

It does seem early doesn't it Em? Although I guess everything is pretty much at full maturity at 34 weeks. They'll just be a bit smaller and maybe some time in NICU :shrug:

I wouldn't mind her arriving early. But I'd be scared that she'd need time in NICU and maybe struggle with breastfeeding.

My OB said babies do very well at 34 weeks and usually very little NICU time. She said the meds to try to stop labor have more side effects so that's why they don't stop it.

2girls and Em- I can't believe you ladies just wrote that... I was at my OB this morning telling her I must have a UTI because my pee trickles out or if I go.. it'll stop and then more will come if I wiggle around. I didn't know that it squishes the urethra.. makes sense but I thought something was wrong with me! lol I go every half hour to hour as well Em... It's crazy!!

Side note for everyone close to delivery... is anyone else uncomfortable having sex? I know after a c section we can't have sex for at least 6 weeks or so, so I feel bad and have been trying to make time for it.. but it's getting quite awkward and funny even with this belly...

2girls.. I LOVE your bump.. so cute!! here's mine attached at 36 weeks..

Also.. i went for my 37 week check today.. everything is still the same.. cervix is firm and not dilating thank god... hoping to hold out until the c section!!

hi to wellsk, turkey, sweet.. and everyone else!

Attachments

• IMG_0923.jpg
    IMG_0923.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 8
2girls and Em- I can't believe you ladies just wrote that... I was at my OB this morning telling her I must have a UTI because my pee trickles out or if I go.. it'll stop and then more will come if I wiggle around. I didn't know that it squishes the urethra.. makes sense but I thought something was wrong with me! lol I go every half hour to hour as well Em... It's crazy!!

Side note for everyone close to delivery... is anyone else uncomfortable having sex? I know after a c section we can't have sex for at least 6 weeks or so, so I feel bad and have been trying to make time for it.. but it's getting quite awkward and funny even with this belly...

2girls.. I LOVE your bump.. so cute!! here's mine attached at 36 weeks..

Also.. i went for my 37 week check today.. everything is still the same.. cervix is firm and not dilating thank god... hoping to hold out until the c section!!

hi to wellsk, turkey, sweet.. and everyone else!

yay! our bumps match! so cute!

Hi BabyD :hi:
What's sex again? :haha:
DH and I haven't DTD since... er.... May! :shock: :blush:
But it's a mix of complications (and has been for about 4 years) and the fact that DH doesn't feel comfortable DTD.

Wellsk!!!LOL Poor girl!!! Since may? I hope you have a vibrator! My DH thinks its just awkward and we kinda laugh when i'm naked because my belly is so big which takes away from the sexiness of things lol He actually said to me a few weeks ago.. "Babe- it's like your body's job is to grow and house the baby"- takes away the romance!

:haha: I don't mind so much as I have vaginismus anyway which causes extreme pain during sex, so we struggled to do it regularly outside of my ovulation period. I feel sorry for DH more than anyone, but I think he's become used to it!

I know what you mean about the sexiness though, how anyone can feel sexy with a beachball on their front is beyond me! :haha:

Me and dh haven't dtd since early November... That's the only time since this pregnancy... We are very scared something will happen like I'll start bleeding or something so we haven't done anything... It's dh birthday this weekend so we will see what happens lol. I don't feel sexy at all with this belly and all that comes with it!

Cute bump babyd! You look great :)

I didn't even know vaginismus occurred.. i had to look it up! How horrible is that.. isnt' there anything that you can do to relax the muscles... like a muscle relaxer or even wine? I feel so bad for you to have pain during such an intimate time... You have a good husband!

Thanks, yeah he is incredible! I try and do 'other stuff' for him when I can (I've become extremely good at finding ways around it, shall we say ;)).

I've had psycho-sexual counselling (as it's a primarily a psychological issue), which helped somewhat (I couldn't even use a tampon or put a finger inside before), I think I've managed to have painless intercourse twice in about 4 years. It's fine once we 'get going' if you catch my drift, but penetration is basically a bit like being stabbed where you really wouldn't want to be!

I've tried all sort to try and relax it, but very little helps. :nope:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->