Assisted Conception and LTTTC - Due in 2013/2014

First and Guen - congratulations!!! So happy for you both and can't wait for pics!!

I had an eventful day yesterday! I woke up to the weirdest thing- My belly had shrunk. It looked so tiny..Dh even noticed. I wasn't leaking fluids or anything so I thought I would just wait it out...I have had discharge the entire pregnancy and its more or less some days but seemed the same. But the day before baby wasnt moving a whole lot and I only felt a few kicks yesterday am so I had an unofficial scan..The tech told me the fluid seemed very low and that sent me freaking out. The HB was fine but still not feeling as much movement. I called and they wanted me to wait until tomorrow to be seen but I was worried so I went in. I was monitored and I was having contractions on the monitor frequently so the ob came in to see me. He did the fetal fibronectin swab then checked my cervix (which hurt OUCH!). Cervix was closed and high. They kept me on the monitor for 3 hours. As soon as they hooked me up the baby decided to have a party in there! I had to drink fluids while I was there as I hadnt really had much water the day before or that morning as we hurried out of the hosue to meet someone about childcare. I kept having the same contractions but no pain or discomfort. I think it is all the tightening I have been having all along that they were picking up. I had an ultrasound and the fluid was fine and baby was happy. My test was negative and apparently it predicts with 99% accuracy that I'm not delivering within the next 2 weeks. Told me to make sure I am drinking plenty of fluids and rest and when I feel the tightening to drink and lie on my side. They tightening was worse 2 days this week but nothing that seemed worse than before. I was allowed to go home and everything was okay. I did feel like that crazy pregnant lady but I am glad I went because I found out baby was just fine.

Mo, so glad that everything is fine. I agree better safe than sorry. I had a positive fetal fibronectin test over 6 weeks ago, so I know a positive test doesn't mean nearly anything compared to a negative one, what a relief for you.

I would have freaked if positive! Have they repeated it on you?

I have had three of them...all positive. But I did some research and talked to two different OBs, and it calmed my nerves. The false positive rate is really high, like 60+ %. Cervical length and closure is a better indicator of preterm labor. I've had weekly checks since my positive test and my cervix is still over 4 cm long which is longer than average of 3 cm at this point. To start my cervix was at 6 cm and anything over 4 cm is good. I've had no signs of preterm labor and the babies are doing well, so honestly I haven't even let it bother me.

Thats good! I read that if you have an exam first then the swab it could cause a false positive. If they keep getting positives then why do they keep doing them?

I have had BH contractions all day today, very uncomfortable. When I am sitting much better but unfortunately I was super busy at work today and was running around. I wish they would go away but I guess they are just going to keep getting worse until I deliver. 7 weeks 1 day!

They only did three. My high risk doc did the first, then asked my OB to repeat it. The OB did a third one just to see, but has since told me he wouldn't do anymore since my cervix is fine.

I had BH once in a while, but I upped my water intake double what it was (especially to help my swollen feet) and I've not had any since. I'm not sure when I'll be delivering, but no later than 37 weeks. Right now we are waiting to see if baby B will flip, she is breech.

sorry she is breech! Hope she flips. Only 4 weeks left for you! I am breech as well but it doesnt matter as I am already booked in for a c section.

I drink at least a 1 L bottle of water a day plus if I have anything else to drink..I usually drink more water than the bottle but cant keep track of all of it except the 1 L bottle. Maybe I need to make sure to drink 2 of those although drinking 1 I am on the toilet all the time lol.

Em-- how are you feeling?? Think you're getting close?? I'm so tired and achy... at the end of my rope almost and I still feel like I have tons to do... But luckily my nanny moved in and she is a godsend... 4 days to go for me!!

Babyd almost there!! That's great the nanny moved in. Did you go through a service to find her?
I'm kind of happy baby is coming at 37 wks for me.. It seems like those last few weeks are killer!

I think the last few weeks are a killer for everyone. Particularly the waiting! You'll probably get them too unfortunately, yours will just be earlier :haha:

Hi Ladies :wave:

Sorry no pics yet, but having trouble uploading from my phone. And I haven't made it to a computer.

Motherhood is heaven! Plus work and painful recovery and figuring out how to manage baby's needs. But overall, I'm overjoyed! He's asleep on my chest now after a successful breast feeding session.

Last night, I slept well because we got a night nurse and I pumped beforehand, so I could sleep through one feeding. Money well spent.

Good luck to all for your upcoming deliveries!

Baby D you are so close!!!!

First, congrats again Momma!

AFM, woke up with terrible cramping during the night. I was so uncomfortable, but after (TMI warning) a BM, I felt better. Went to work and took a long nap when I got home. I think it might have been Braxton hicks,,dehydration, and having the plumbing backed up all combined. I don't have another checkup until next Monday so hoping it isn't a sign of preterm labor. I really would love to make it to 35 weeks, but I know in my heart the babies would be ok if born early.

Mells glad you are feeling better. And yes your babies would be ok. :) mine were home at 34 weeks gestation and 35 week gestation that's how well they were doing. And I hope you make it to 35 weeks too!!

Babyd almost there!! That's great the nanny moved in. Did you go through a service to find her?
I'm kind of happy baby is coming at 37 wks for me.. It seems like those last few weeks are killer!

Thanks Mo! I can't believe I'm only 3 days away now.. so strange.. my hips and butt ache so bad!! Last night I had some tightening and crampy feeling but no real pattern... been going to bathroom a lot... so i'm guessing my body is just getting ready.. plus i prob need to drink more water. I actually found her through a friend... We looked at services and craigslist, etc but some of them are so damn expensive. It's actually cheaper having a live in nanny than daytime one! Just weird having someone in my house... but she seems awesome so far so it's relieving that I get to focus on my last minute chores... How ru feeling??

I'm feeling good! I'm having these weird sharp pains down below and I think it's the baby kicking me weird on a nerve or something.
I think I'll look into live in nannies. I found a potential home daycare center but if I can have 1 person with 1 child dedicated to keeping my child at my home i would feel much better. We may have 1 other option except she can't watch baby on Fridays. I found regular nannies to be so expensive which I why I stopped looking. Then I looked into aupair service which is expensive upfront. So I'll look into live in nanny :)

We're finally home after spending 9 days in the Neonatal unit. Hopefully I'll find the energy to write an update soon but until then... Meet Ragnar!

Attachments

• 1013450_10151970749961185_2041120461_n.jpg
    1013450_10151970749961185_2041120461_n.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe