Assisted Conception and LTTTC - Due in 2013/2014

Em-- how are you feeling?? Think you're getting close?? I'm so tired and achy... at the end of my rope almost and I still feel like I have tons to do... But luckily my nanny moved in and she is a godsend... 4 days to go for me!!

Hey there. I'm feeling well, just excited and nervous about the delivery. I'm soo ready to meet my baby girl! I'm going in tonight after midnight to start the induction so she'll most likely be born tomorrow :). I've been running around like crazy these last few days trying to get all the last minute chores done.

That's great your nanny moved in! We hired a baby nurse too. She's going to stay just nights while my DH is off work next week but when he goes back she'll probably stay 24hrs.

So excited for you for Saturday!! Can't wait to see pics of Hudson!

Congrats! So precious :) glad you are home now!

Em, Cannot believe you're going to finally meet your daughter tomorrow! How exciting! You're going to be a wonderful mum and I can't wait to see some pictures :)
I hope the birth goes really well too!

Is it quite common to have a Nanny/Baby Nurse in America? The only people I've ever met with a nanny was when I worked for a private school in a very wealthy area. Over here only the super wealthy or royalty have nannies. Unless you're all super rich or royalty? ;)

ETA: Guen, he's so adorable! Congrats again :)

Good luck ladies that will be having their LOs soon!! Pics and updates needed :)

Good Luck Em!!!! I cannot believe the time has come!!! Cannot wait for an update!!!!! xo

Good luck em!!!!!

Wells: it is common to have a nanny here. There are a few options for nannies as well. We are not doing one because of the expense but If we were to have a 2nd we would do a nanny. It's still expensive here but there are affordable options.

Em- thinking about you! Can't wait to see her!!!! I'm doing last minute stuff now.. then Saturday we get to meet Hudson!!!

Hope all is well with everyone.. these last couple of days are SURREAL!!

Thanks for the information Mo! I can't imagine having a nanny (I'd have nowhere to put one, hehe!). Do the nannies look after the house more than the baby? How does it work for breastfeeding?

Good luck for Saturday BabyD!

Desperately looking forward to my due date now, too much pain and tiredness going on right now (and for several weeks). Ready to meet the little madam who's been causing all this pain! :haha:
Hoping that I don't go past my EDD, I've read that women who have IVF tend to labour earlier as they know exactly when implantation and conception occurred :shrug:

Most nannies are for working moms. You can have a live in nanny also that does help with some house duties. Most nannies do the chdcare and basic housework unless you compensate more. You let the nanny do what you feel comfortable with. Most have a set number of hours they work even if live in so at night you would take care of baby. If you are nursing still you would do it at night but pump and leave a supply for day time. I don't know how live in nannies work when the mom is at home and nursing? I guess mom would take the baby for nursing time then nanny would take the baby otherwise?

That's really interesting! I guess it makes sense, as maternity leave in the US is pretty much non-existent isn't it?

Yes unfortunately my maternity leave sucks. I have a secure job for 12 weeks off but get paid disability up to $170 a week which is a joke for NY cost of living. I'm going back early if I feel well just to get my normal salary- and I'm a teacher! As far as a live in nanny- believe it or not it was more cost effective for us than daycare or a daytime nanny. She lives in our basement which is like its own apartment and is upstairs by 7am and done by 7pm. Since I've had no baby this week she has done all of the laundry, set up the baby's room, mopped the floors, vaccuumed rugs, done dishes and cooked some light dinners for us. Once the baby comes the focus is on him and his chores- bottles, his laundry, etc as well as light housework for us and light cooking. It's definitely strange and needs some getting used to but it's unbelievable how helpful she has been this past week. Night time feedings and changings etc are for my husband and I and I look forward to that bonding time just as a family. I highly recommend looking into a live in if the space permits. If our parents were able to help they'd be my first choice but we don't have the option unfortunately.

Em- waiting to hear good news!! Hope you're feeling ok!!!

maternity leave in US does suck! I have a short term disability policy that will pay for 6 weeks for vaginal and 8 weeks for c section but its really only 4 weeks and 8 weeks because you have to take 2 weeks unpaid until it kicks in so its you can file for disability for 6 weeks after the delivery. Then its unpaid leave for a max of 12 weeks. I'm not allowed to take more than 12 weeks with my job. My disability policy is 60% of my weekly salary and there is a max so I will miss out on about $1000 for what is paid. Luckily I have been saving for maternity for a long while (since we started ttc) so we have plenty saved to cover maternity for even longer if work would allow me to. I am hoping my dr gives me the full 8 weeks out from the c section b/c they can elect to only do the 6..the less of my own money I need to shell out the better!

Thanks for the good wishes everyone! Baby Ella was born Thursday night at 10:15pm. I ended up having an emergency csection because after about 14 hours of labor her heart rate started dropping. It turned out the umbilical cord was wrapped around her neck so thank goodness we didn't proceed with a vaginal delivery. She is very healthy and weighs 7lbs and 14 oz. DH and I are so in love with her! I can't stop staring at her :).

BabyD - good luck today can't wait to hear how everything goes!!

Yayyy em!!! Happy birthday to Ella!! I hope you're feeling ok. Thank god they did the c section! I can't sleep obviously... Were heading in to the hospital at 6am... So only a few more hours. Rest up and get better soon! This summer I'll come into the city for Hudson and Ella's first date :) xo

Congratulations Em! I'm so happy for you :)
Hope that you and Ella are doing well, can't wait for pictures! :)

Good luck babyD

Wellsk - thank you! Won't be long now until you have your precious girl!

BabyD - thank you I'm feeling well just most important is take your pain meds on time after the surgery. I'm so excited for you to meet your little guy today! It's the most amazing feeling in the world when you see your baby for the first time. Indescribable. We'll definitely have to have a play date with these two in the future :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->