Assisted Conception and LTTTC - Due in 2013/2014

Just finished packing my baby and hospital bags...sh*t is getting real...LOL. Hopefully I won't need it for a couple of weeks.

I'm going to pack mine at 34 weeks since my drs goal is to get me past that... Right now I'm still in la la land about it all!

Thank you, ladies!

Turkey: 3 months sounds great to me!

I am feeling better now. DH has been really good about taking DS when I get overwhelmed. And the breaks have helped me to bond with my baby when I get him back. We're having a growth spurt now, so DS had two boobs every hour yesterday afternoon! My boobs were killing me by night, so he got formula overnight.

So, we're beginning to figure out what works for us. Boob when I can, pumping when I'd rather spend 15 mins than 30-45, and formula when I've had enough :)

Yes, he really is a cutie pie, especially when he's milk drunk. And he loved the first post-cord-stump bath I gave him yesterday. He was super cute during it.

Mo- getting closer and closer!

Mells- that excting!!! Can't wait

First- I'm gal it's getting better. And yes figure what's best for you guys. At first I was getting over whelmed esp with tandem feeding. I was ready to give up ad
And DH said don't give up you have only tried it a short time. The more you do it the better he will get. I still find times one of the boys would just rather of bottle then the next time only want boob. I'm fortunate to only have to work sat and sun. I normally nurse during the week then every other feeding pump after baby is done so I can empty my boob and create more of a supply and I hav extras in the refrigerator

Nobody ever tells you breastfeeding is HARD and doesn't come naturally to many of us.

I'm sure you'll be fine Mo but you never know. I was going to pack my bag the weekend I hit 34weeks. I ended up in the hospital at 33w2d and that was that. It's never too early to pack that bag!

I've tried to read as much as I possibly can about BF. I really really hope that I can do it! Although I did read the packet of some Formula the other day, and it strangely made me feel better if I need to choose that option (don't ask me why! :shrug:).

A happy mum means a happy baby, and if a mother is struggling to breastfeed and it makes her miserable, then I'm sure they'd both be better off FF. :)

I packed my hospital bag at 32 weeks, mainly because I was born at that point. Although the main bag to pack at that point is your own really, as if baby/babies is/are born at that point, they will be staying a little while at hospital.

15 more days until my due date... come on little madam! :)

I went to a breast feeding class yesterday.. That helped some. I'm hoping I can bf and pump... I would rather have the free stuff than formula.. Although since I'll go back to work at 3 months old idk his well pumping is going to work.

Mo- I have been back at work for about 3 weeks and I pump 3 times in a 12 hour shift. I think there is a policy on that at all jobs. Abd I think they have to have it an option. Esp if your in the healthcare firld

Yes I'm a healthcare provider so they will have to let me pump. But sometimes I can be busy for several hours without stopping but they are just going to have to work around my pumping schedule.
Are you back to full time now?

Sweetness: BFing twins is impressive!!!

Well, I say that our babies are lucky to have moms who care so much about their well being, whether or not we attempt or are successful with BFing. We all did so much to get here. Congrats, mommies and mommies-to-be!

Mo- yes I'm back full time have been since they were 6 weeks old. I am on the weekend alt shift so I only work sat sun. It will be hard for you to pump but you will have to find at least 15 min to do it. Setting up takes the longest I feel like

First- yes it's hard but I know they need it. Going to try til at least 6 months if my supply with stay up. They both are drinking about 3 oz ( sometimes more) every 3-330 hours. And yes our babies are very very loved and we do our absolute best to give them what they need. But your right if we are stressed out babies can't til and our supply goes down too. So we need to be happy mamas :). Crazy how all that works.

How's everyone else?

Hi Ladies!
Well some disappointment after my check up yesterday. I was put on bed rest and written off work for the duration of my pregnancy...which they hope will go another couple of weeks. The babies are doing well, but they could see I was having some cramping on the non-stress test, I had both blood and protein in my urine, and my edema has really progressed in my legs. All of these things can lead to pre-eclampsia especially with twins, my organs are working overtime as it is. My blood pressure was only slightly elevated so that isn't a huge concern, and my cervix is still closed. It also looks like a csection is in my future but they will take that day by day although there is a slim chance baby B will flip around. I know all these things are for the benefit of the babies and myself, but it doesn't curb the worry.

Sorry for the long post, just feeling anxious!

Hope that the resting will do you some good Mells :hugs:

Was in Labour and Delivery earlier as thought my waters had gone overnight as I had been leaking pink fluid. They did a check and found that baby is 2/5th engaged (although didn't tell me if I'd dilated or anything :nope:*) and it wasn't my waters. It is however the start of the bloody show, and since the checks I've had loads of brown discharge and bloody show.*

They thought she'd be here within the next couple of days... yay!!*:happydance:

Very exciting wellsk.

Sweetness I can't imagine beig back at work. I had a hard time going back at a year missing my dd so much. Is that all your work allows?!?!

Wells! This it...getting close. I can't wait to see pics of your little girl!

Blue here in us we have bad policies for maternity leave. Disability policy usually pays for 6 weeks at 50-70% weekly salary (and then some policies are taxed on top of that). Then we can take an additional 6 weeks off unpaid through family medical leave. But after 12 weeks off you are not guaranteed a job and the employer can basically tell you to not come back and post your position. With a c-section you can get up to 8 weeks disability but only can be off 12 weeks total. Working sat/sun I feel is the best case scenario if you go back. I was offered a weekend position recently but unfortunately I'm contracted for 2 more years and can't afford to get out of my contract. So at 12 weeks I'll go back to work m-f with either a daycare, personal nanny, home care provider or a private school for baby :(

That's madness and too bad. Here we are guaranteed our job after a full year. But our pay during the year is very very minimal.

Blue is the pay a certain percentage of your salary? I think it's so awesome that everyone can take a year!

Welsk here comes baby! So exciting!!

Mells sorry you have to be on bed rest and worried. However after going thought preeclampsia and HELLP which wasn't caught until I had to be hospitalized, I'm glad they are catching and trying to prevent it for you. It's so hard not to worry but I'm sure they are keeping a close eye on you. I hope baby B cooperates to give you a shot of natural birth. I know the disappointment of csection. But, holding your healthy babies will make you feel better! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->