Assisted Conception and LTTTC - Due in 2013/2014

It's funny. It is a percentage of your salary but there is a maximum amount they pay which isn't very much. Not that I'm complaining because it is still a very good system and lucky to have it. But it isn'tuch money compared to my salary lol

Mells I totally missed your post! So sorry about the bed rest :( I didnt realize you were having swelling. Thank goodness you dont have preeclampsia and hopefully the bed rest will ward it off. Any other symptoms beside the swelling you are noticing?

Blue I would love to have the option of a year! One good thing that came out of this IVF stuff we went through for 2.5 years is I had plenty of time to save money for maternity leave. I could take 4-6 months off without any issues but my job wont let me :(

Awe mobaby I can't believe they won't let you. Is there any chance that they might have a change of heart? Do they realize the miracle thus little one is? Or can so you less hours?

No b/c my contract is full-time :( boo. I really hate policies in us!! I may ask if I can come back a little later... Will see. They may say I need to pay all my benefits 100% if i go over my allowed time.

Mells I totally missed your post! So sorry about the bed rest :( I didnt realize you were having swelling. Thank goodness you dont have preeclampsia and hopefully the bed rest will ward it off. Any other symptoms beside the swelling you are noticing?

Blue I would love to have the option of a year! One good thing that came out of this IVF stuff we went through for 2.5 years is I had plenty of time to save money for maternity leave. I could take 4-6 months off without any issues but my job wont let me :(

Hi Mo, the swelling is the main concern since it is getting progressively worse each week I go for a check up. I have a few other minor symptoms of preeclampsia, like the protein in my urine, elevated blood pressure, vision changes, and rib pain. The mid wife said nothing definite points to preeclampsia, but things could be headed there without taking it easy.

It doesn't seem like they are overly concerned, they just want the babies to cook as long as possible. Hoping to make it to 37 weeks at this point, but not tragic if they come earlier. They just think having twins is starting to take its toll on my organs.

Mells: it sounds like bed rest is the best thing for all three of you. Even regular activity, like walking around the office, became taxing for me after about 35 weeks. I can only imagine how it is with twins. Hopefully, that will be all you need to keep the pre-e at bay.

Whatever is best for the babes, right Mells??? Just take it easy cuz once they arrive they'll be running the show!!!

All you twin moms seem to be doing so wonderfully!!! I'm praying to follow in your footsteps. I'm at 25 weeks, and things are going well so far. We did find that baby girl has what's known as a "BPS" or bronchopulmonary sequestration. We spent last Tuesday at CHOP and that was their diagnosis. Luckily it's their most treatable one, and the small size of lil lady's BPS doesn't have them concerned much. Phew! I do need to be seen every two weeks by the perinatologist, and we'll head back to CHOP at 32 weeks to be sure the BPS hadn't gotten any larger. In the grand scheme of things...we're simply relieved. Baby will most likely need surgery to remove it once she is about 6 weeks, but talk about being in good hands?? CHOP is amazing! In other news, the babes are growing beautifully, and I've only gained 19 pounds! How that is possible, I will never know!!! Doc told me at my appt. on Tuesday that I'll most likely have a scheduled C around 36 weeks! Whoa! S#*% just got real!!!

Hope everybody is doing well!!!!! xo

Whatever is best for the babes, right Mells??? Just take it easy cuz once they arrive they'll be running the show!!!

All you twin moms seem to be doing so wonderfully!!! I'm praying to follow in your footsteps. I'm at 25 weeks, and things are going well so far. We did find that baby girl has what's known as a "BPS" or bronchopulmonary sequestration. We spent last Tuesday at CHOP and that was their diagnosis. Luckily it's their most treatable one, and the small size of lil lady's BPS doesn't have them concerned much. Phew! I do need to be seen every two weeks by the perinatologist, and we'll head back to CHOP at 32 weeks to be sure the BPS hadn't gotten any larger. In the grand scheme of things...we're simply relieved. Baby will most likely need surgery to remove it once she is about 6 weeks, but talk about being in good hands?? CHOP is amazing! In other news, the babes are growing beautifully, and I've only gained 19 pounds! How that is possible, I will never know!!! Doc told me at my appt. on Tuesday that I'll most likely have a scheduled C around 36 weeks! Whoa! S#*% just got real!!!

Hope everybody is doing well!!!!! xo

That's great news, Turkey! I'm glad they are watching you so closely. Only 19 lbs?!?! I think I gained 12 in the first trimester :blush:, but it's been a while, so I don't really remember.

So, 11 more weeks to go! That is both a long time and a short time. Good luck for an easy time.

Sorry about the news of one of the babies turkey but sounds like it's completely manageable. Great job on wt gain!! I'm up at 20 according to scale this am.. Hoping to only go up 5 more or so by time baby gets here. 11 more weeks for you!! I remember having 11 weeks.. I was like we better go get our crib (takes 12 wks for arrival).

Turkey sounds like things are going so well and yet are just beig extra cautious with baby - which is great.

I've gained about 25 now. Kind of snuck up on me. But not bad for twins I think lol

Turkey, I'm glad the babies are being watched carefully especially baby girl. You are right, we do anything for these babies.

I too, didn't gain much weight until about 32 weeks. Since then the babies have gained weight so I have as well. I think I'm up close to 50 pounds! YIKES! But my doc has said that I'm on track considering both babies are a good size and my amniotic fluids are also good. He also thinks that the weight should shed quickly since I am so swollen. I'm already planning on running a half marathon in December so that is my motivation to get out there and move as soon as I can!

Hope you all are doing well!!!

Wow blue that's amazing!!! Only 25 lbs is amazing with twins at your stage!!

Thanks mobaby. But I'm a larger person to begin with so it isn't great lol. But I hope to lose it quickly after babies are born lll

Ladies, if you're breast feeding, the weight will melt off! I have one baby and 3 weeks after delivery, I have lost 21 of the 34 lbs I gained. With twins, I imagine it goes even faster. Since my boobs are probably 5 lbs of the 13 left, I'm almost back to normal already.

Ladies, if you're breast feeding, the weight will melt off! I have one baby and 3 weeks after delivery, I have lost 21 of the 34 lbs I gained. With twins, I imagine it goes even faster. Since my boobs are probably 5 lbs of the 13 left, I'm almost back to normal already.

:haha: this made me chuckle!

How's the bed rest Mel's. are you really uncomfortable being confined?

Mells I'm planning a half in November!!! I'm hoping I can find the time to train after LO. I haven't ran a mile since getting pg due to high risk so I'll be starting from scratch :(

Blue, it is really modified bed rest. They just want me to have my feet up as much as possible throughout the day, so I can be in bed, on the couch, or even outside in a lounger...today it was 70 degrees and sunny. I nap twice a day, and DH is off until Tuesday so he spends time with me in the bedroom, and does the cooking, errands, and cleaning. Of course, ask me in a week how I feel and it may be a different story ;)

Mo, I haven't run since being pregnant although I did walk a lot in the first and second trimesters. We'll see how it goes once I start training. I'm not a fast runner, more of a shuffler, but I do like going for distance.

I have a check up tomorrow, so we shall see how things are looking. I really don't think I'll have a problem making it to 37 weeks at this point. Knock on wood!!

That's great that its not complete bed rest Hun. I know that would make me crazy lol. It's also lucky it's such nice weather there. It's horrible weather here right now and I can't wait for the weather change and beig able to get outside more. You are soooo close now!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->