Assisted Conception and LTTTC - Due in 2013/2014

Hi all! Just thought I would put out a quick update. We had an exciting, scary, crazy few days. Went to the doc on Friday for a checkup and she immediate
Y sent me to the hospital for an emergency c-section based on my protein and blood levels in my urine, along with the severity of my swelling. Got the the hospital at 1030 and the Kaitlyn and Jocelyn were born just after 2 PM. They are doing wonderful and weighed right around 6 pounds each. Unfortunately, for me I developed full eclampsia, and went into seizures awhile in recovery. I spent 3 days in ICU, and only got to hold my girls for the first time last night. DH was amazing taking care of them on his own the first few nights. We are finally all together and I'm on tremendous amounts of drugs to reduce my swelling, and lower my blood pressure...both of which I still have. I'm truly glad I don't remember much of anything that transpired although most of the medical staff told me I had conversations about things while in recovery. I'm so excited to have my girls and glad they are doing so well. Hopefully, we will all be released tomorrow and be together as a family at home. All I can say, is thank god for such a wonderful medical staff, that took care of me, and my family!

mells i said it in the other thread but how scary! so glad they recognized everything and the girls came out safe and you are recovering with the help of wonderful medical staff! and 6 lbs at 35 weeks is great!! some nice sized babies! rest up and cant wait to hear more when you feel better!

Mells- first congrats!! I'm glad everyone is doing great now. Glad they realized what was going on and your babies are ok. Very glad tht you all now get to be together. And amazing for your hubby to do an awesome job. I pray everything cont to get better with you

How have I missed this thread... Can I join (little late LOL)

Congratulations Mells! Sorry that it was all so scary! But I'm glad that you and your little ones are fine :)

Welcome Brandy... I know I've seen you regularly on the 3rd Tri boards :)

AFM: Really had enough now, was told a week ago (by two different midwives) that it would only be a couple of days left, followed by another a couple of days later who said there's no way I'd make my due date... well it's literally a few days left and had contractions, two bloody shows, constant lightening crotch, mucus plug loss and diacharge... nothing!! :(

Just so ready to meet her!

Mells, glad you are all doing ok now and that your girls were born safely and healthy! I was worried about you just knowing I had the same symptoms and went through quite the ordeal myself. I'm sure you gave everyone quite the scare so glad to hear your hubby has handled everything well. Try to rest as much as possible(I know it's a tough task with a newborn let alone two). But hopefully dh will continue to step up and let you focus on resting and feeding the babies. Congratulations on your little girls!!

Sorry ladies!! I have been quite MIA....

Hudson Mattingly was born on Feb 1st at 9:17am... weighing 8 lbs 15 oz... He is perfect in every way and exhausting all in the same!! I spent 5 days in the hospital recovering from the c section... but two weeks later i'm doing OK and about to go out and run some errands with my husband. If any of you are a planned c section- TAKE ALL THE HELP YOU CAN GET IN THE FIRST WEEK!!!!

I had some pretty bad baby blues once I got home from the hospital... and I have some good days and some bad days... We plan for so long and are so excited that we never think of what happens after the baby comes home! I feel so incredibly blessed and lucky to have my baby finally. The lack of sleep is beyond exhausting- my son doesn't sleep at night AT ALL... and recovering from a c section isn't a walk in the park. Combined with the love of this amazing little person is a sense of feeling overwhelmed and so tired it makes you wanna cry. What a rollercoaster... Don't want to scare anyone- I just wish I knew all of this beforehand- I would have taken my mom up on offering to sleep over!!!

I can't even explain how amazing it is to be a mother and I'm so excited for all of you that are expecting!! Pics to come.....

Congrats babyd!! Thanks for the info about the c section. My dh mom is coming about 4 days after I get home from hospital for a week. (His step dad is coming also which I'm not happy about)... Hoping that's helpful. I'm sure it is all a bit overwhelming! Take your time; post pics when you can!!

Thanks Mo!!! Stay on top of the meds they give you.. there's nothing heroic in not taking anything!!! and Put your in-laws to work! you'll be sore and tired and even walking to the bathroom is a chore!! It's nice that your Mother In law will be helping- if you get along with her.. but it sounds like your father in law isn't as pleasant.. make him take the baby so you can nap or shower..or cook dinner.. and make sure you find time to shower everyday- it makes a big difference.

Oh god no I'd never leave him with a baby lol! We get along he just has no experience with babies as he has no children of his own... He's never held a baby as small as mine will be.

H girls quick update from me so sorry for lack of personals. Can someone help decipher my notes please? Had a second sweep today, been in agony most of the day and in my notes the midwife has written the following

Cx - 1cm dilated
Medium consistency
1.5cm long - posterior
Vx - 2

They want me back in tomorrow to be induced now. So fed up and and a bit upset I've just agreed. Really don't want to be placed on the drip they've said they do it through gels first for 12 hours then switch to drip if needed :(

Feels totally let down at my body at the moment x x x

H girls quick update from me so sorry for lack of personals. Can someone help decipher my notes please? Had a second sweep today, been in agony most of the day and in my notes the midwife has written the following

Cx - 1cm dilated
Medium consistency
1.5cm long - posterior
Vx - 2

They want me back in tomorrow to be induced now. So fed up and and a bit upset I've just agreed. Really don't want to be placed on the drip they've said they do it through gels first for 12 hours then switch to drip if needed :(

Feels totally let down at my body at the moment x x x

Your cervix is only dilated by 1 centimeter. Medium consistency which is most likely the effacement or the texture of the cervix the softer the better. Your cervix is 1.5 centimeter long so it needs to shorten some more.

Thanks hun, so being induced is probably gonna happen now? Do you reckon I'll have to go on the drip? Sorry for all the questions, bit of a wreck at the moment!

X x x

Thanks hun, so being induced is probably gonna happen now? Do you reckon I'll have to go on the drip? Sorry for all the questions, bit of a wreck at the moment!

X x x

Yes it sounds like induction will happen :-( sometimes they can start with just cervical gel

Congratulations BabyD & Mells!!!! I'm sooooo happy for both of you!!!

Can't wait to see pics Mel's when you are feeling up to it xx

Here's Hudson at 1 week! It's amazing how different he looks already!! Dreams do come true ladies... xoxo

Attachments

• hudson1week.jpg
    hudson1week.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 10

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe