Assisted Conception and LTTTC - Due in 2013/2014

Thanks for all the well wishes ladies! The twins went home last night with dad and I'm going home this afternoon. I'm still showing hypertension symptoms even on meds, but docs are happy with my progress. I guess it can take up to 12 weeks to see pre-pregnancy numbers if they ever go that low again. My staples come out today as well, so I'll be glad to move around without the pulling sensation at the incision site. I'll post pics when I can, right now my goal is to just get out of a hospital gown!!!!

So glad to hear things are going well Mel's and that your girls are home and you are almost home too. My friend who had preeclampsia like you it took about a month or two to get levels settled she just had to keep an eye and stay on meds and slowly reduce the meds. Hopefully you recover very quickly. Xxxx

So scary but so happy to hear that you're doing better Mells! Yay for the DH stepping up and being such a trooper right now you're very blessed all around.

I cant wait to see the pictures too.

AFM I got to get out of the hospital gown today as well... When I was leaving the hospital the doctors reminded me that they will most likely see me back there sometime in the next 2 weeks to deliver! When they said that it kinda hit home. I can't wait ;)

BabyD your little guy is a cutie!

Mells glad things are getting better and very soon you'll all be home together. Unfortunately it takes time for things to get back to normal. They kept me in the hospital for five days after delivery before releasing me. I had to have the awful magnesium for the first two then I got put on labetalol and iron. I was on that for about 10weeks. Now everything is back to normal. You'll feel so much better getting to be home as a family! Looking forward to pics!

Mells, glad you're doing better and get to go home soon! Bet you can't wait to join your little family at home :)

Brandy, what an exciting thought! Not much longer to wait for you... there's not many of us waiting for our little ones now.

As for me, still pregnant! I can't believe it considering how many times I've been told I wouldn't get this far by midwives. Seriously uncomfortable and cannot wait for cuddles with my little girl :)

Mell-yay that's exciting. Hope you get better soon!

Welsk- hopefully soon!

Hope everyone else is doing grrrrreat!

Just a quick update from me since I'm on my phone.

Left and went back to the hospital Wednesday all within 5 hours. I got home and went to use the restroom and there was a ton of blood.

Checked back in to the hospital and began contracting ever 2-3 minutes. The doctors gave me steroids which I just finished last night. They rushed me to and removed my cerclage... While the spinal in place they scoped my bladder and it looked great. So the bleeding has to do with the kidneys again.

Plan of attack is to stop the PTL meds we will not induce labor but we won't stop it either. As of yesterday my cervix was only about 1cm with baby a engaged 3/5. Doctor checks me again this morning. I hope he sends me home today again if nothing is changing!

Oh wow! Probably not much longer for you then Brandy. Hopefully your labour progresses well and you'll have your beautiful twins very soon :)

I'm still waiting! I had a good feeling about this weekend... but it'll probably come to nothing. At worst I'll be waiting until 41+3 (although I'll have a sweep at 40+2 as well), as this is when they induce at my local hospital... so two more weeks tops!

Wow brandy. It's sounds like babies are coming soon. Hopefully you can be home and comfortable for a bit before they come. I'm sure you are Tired of being in the hospital

Brandy sounds like they are coming soon! I hope you start feeling better.

Wells: fx for baby this weekend!!

L4 thanks for sharing. I'm nervous about stuff but it seems my body is recovering well from the situation. I truly think I was dehydrated before going to the hospital and that played a part in my seizure.

Brandy, hope your babies arrive soon.

Hi to everyone else.

AFM, we are doing good. The girls had a good check up and growing strong. Of course, they lost some weight but no more than expected. I don't want to rush time, but I can't wait until they are old enough to go on walks in the stroller. It's just too windy here for that right now, and they are premies. Attached is a pic at 1 week of age!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 6
Mells how precious! Lovely babies :) thanks for sharing.

Something else I wanted to mention, not sure of any advice others have on it. My milk still has not come in. Nothing...the well is dry. They told me at the hospital to expect a delay due to the trauma my body received, but I've been pumping with no luck. I'm just as happy to formula feed bc caring for my babies is my priority just wondering if anyone has heard of this before.

any colostrum or anything? I wonder if you can take fenugreek supplements to help? I've heard it helps but obviously have no experience :)

Mells, it is scary. You know pregnancy can come with risks but you just don't realize how sick you can actually get until it happens. I'm sure everything is ok now and you'll be good as new soon!

Your girls look absolutely precious! I hear you about walking, I'm just waiting for warmer weather to get here. I need exercise and fresh air desperately!

As for the pumping I know they say it can take time when you have your babies early and I'm sure the trauma adds to it. I didn't personally have that problem. As soon as I was awake from the anesthesia they put me on the pump. I'm pretty sure I pumped before I even was able to see my little guy. Crazy but it worked for me so I guess it's good. Did you have to wait to start? Are you pumping around the clock every three hours? It might just take a little bit and at first it was small amounts.

How often are you pumping Mel's and for how many minutes at a time - and manual pump or electric pump?

So I've been pumping semi-regularly (3 or so times a day/15 mins a time) since the day after they were born with an electric hospital grade pump. Tonight for the first time I got a little something after about 15 mins. Today for the first time my boobs felt achy too, so maybe this is the start of something. I've had the babies practice latching too, but they get frustrated when nothing comes, and I don't want to cause too much nipple confusion since they are getting a bottle right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->