Assisted Conception and LTTTC - Due in 2013/2014

With my dd I got very little in the beginning when pumping but I was pumping every 2-3 hours for 10-20mins.

Sounds like its going to start coming in. If you can stand it I would reccommend pumping every three hours. The aching is a good sign! Another lovely thing nobody tells you, how painful it can be when your milk first comes in. Omg I can remember being so amazed at how big and hard they were! I wanted dh to touch them but not touch them cuz they hurt! Keep pumping girl I think you got it!

I think I'll pack my bags tonight... I bought almost everything yesterday for my bags...

Woke up several times last night to pretty hard braxton hicks. All night! And this morning it's still happening. No pain and no waters leaking or anything but I have this general sense I'm going into labor soon. Idk why... Just a feeling. My appt isn't until next week but if I have another night like last night I'm calling in the morning. I really want to make it to 36 weeks but if baby wants to come now there isn't anything I can do and my ob won't intervene at this point.

Mo, good luck! I hope your baby stays put for a little longer, but it sounds like you are in good hands.

Fingers crossed that your little one stays baking a bit longer Mo! I've had several times when I thought it was 'it' all to no avail.

Saturday night I had contractions starting off slowly and uncomfortable, after 13 hours they were incredibly painful, coming every 4 minutes lasting just under a minute. Was just about ready to go to L&D, as they'd told me a few hours earlier to rest up and come in when they got closer together and more painful... then at 2 am they started getting irregular and then after an hour stopped completely. I was absolutely certain I was in Labour :nope:

So strong and consistent BH/contractions don't always mean labour. So hopefully your little one will stay in a little bit longer...

Plus it's my turn next anyway ;)

Had my ultrasound today ladies. They estimated the babies are 6lbs and 6lbs 8oz.

That's fantastic news Blue! Sounds like a great size for 35 weeks :)

wells hoping for baby soon!!

blue those are nice sized babies :)

Congrats, Mells! They are gorgeous!

My milk took a while to come in. I had to formula feed bc he was dehydrated (and starving). But I kept putting him to the breast and pumping after. The dr said to do it every 2.5-3 hours. Yep, it's a lot. BFing is hard work. But they say it eventually is easier than bottle feeding. I'm starting to understand that, because cleaning bottles is a pain. Boobs are self-cleaning!

Good luck! The beginning is tough. I'm five weeks in and still having rough days when I wonder whether I'm cut out for this, etc. DH keeps telling me that I am having the normal reaction that all new moms have.

Your dh is right first try. It is a totally normal reaction and I think even more so for us moms who worked so hard and waited so long for our babies. We put even more pressure on ourselves to be happy inky and to not feel overwhelmed when having a newborn is so overwhelming. Xxxx

First, I agree with Blue. This is overwhelming and we need to except as much help as is offered. I'm pumping with just a trickle here and there, but I will continue to try. Some days I'm so tired I just hope to make it through another day, but remind myself to enjoy my time bc it doesn't last. I also know that being pregnant/delivery was such a trauma for me physically I probably won't have any more babies. My DH is also a great reminder to just enjoy it and don't sweat the small stuff! The babies are doing great so who cares about anything else.

I'm currently breastfeeding my son-- pumping for a few days because my nipples are so sore! I have success with the Medela in style pump... also.. stay hydrated- and try taking Fenugreek pills.. increases supply. Breast feeding is all about supply and demand.. the more sucking.. the more milk will be produced. Also.. remember that when your baby breastfeeds, they get more milk than a pump. Some people have no output from a pump- could be nipple shape or just lack of skin to skin contact while breastfeeding can yield many ounces of milk... I go to a breastfeeding support group with lactation consultants, pediatricians, and La Leche leaders present so I've asked so many questions!!! Ask away if you ladies need help!!

Thanks babyd for the advice. I already lined up and talked to a consultant. Hopefully I won't have to use her but she is in my phone in case hehe. Also stocked up on fenugreek and pumping storing supplies. I got my insurance to pay for a grade double pump so that was awesome!

How much fenugreek are you taking? I plan to try to pump in the beginning after feedings just to keep it going.

With my dd I was able to pump in the beginning but got less than dd was able to get during breast feeding. But after about 6 months the pump no longer worked for me. My body wouldn't give up the milk to the pump - only to dd lol. Apparently that can happen if it isn't used to the pump which I rarely used at that point. Just an FYI for others. It really surprised me

Hey first! No updates... Dr appt Thursday. C section in just 15 days!!! So excited!

For ladies who already delivered: what to pack in bag for c-section? I have some things but I'm not 100% on what else.

No real update here First... I am just waiting for the babies to show now. My goal was to hold off till 36W and I am pretty much declaring this a victory now. If I dont deliver by Thursday we are going to discuss a Csection :( That is my choice though as I absolutely refuse to subject babies to pitocin. So I went from hoping they would stay put to hoping they will hurry up and come now LOL what a rollercoaster :)

Mo- I dont know which I will end up with but I am very low maintenance when it comes to packing my hospital bag... I dont even like taking one in the first place. They send you home with so much crap here that its insane. I am taking though a sun dress with an empire waste to wear home and a sweater. Regardless of which way I deliver it is going to be much more comfortable. I also am going to use their disposable underwear to come home in because they stretch so well and know if I have an incision that it wont be hitting it.

I've been told to use the stretchable undies!! I did get some "granny panties" to wear home though. I have some basic stretch pants that are lose. I don't have a sundress to wear home so maybe I should see if I can find a cheap one. I was going to wear basically pjs home and I may still :)

You have been so strong holding off this long! Tomorrow is 36 weeks and that is fantastic. Hopefully you go into labor but a csection is perfectly fine too as long as they arrive safe :) I hope some of the swelling is down and you are feeling a little better.

Mo, I wore Depends for women and some high waisted stretch pants home. Of course by the time I left the hospital my incision was really healing and my staples were already out. I just needed something that wouldn't rub the incision site and was high enough to cover it. My incision is so low that most regular undies should cover it. The depends sounds crazy, but your bleeding is so random the first few days that they were really absorbent and comfortable...at least for me they were.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->