Assisted Conception and LTTTC - Due in 2013/2014

Some of the swelling is down and even that tiny bit makes me feel much better. But now I'm ready for the big event. I have told myself that I won't be disappointed whichever way they come I just want them here with all of us healthy :)

Mo if you have a Ross where you live I buy my stretchy sun dresses there they are usually very cheap.

Brandy, I'm sure the girls will be fine if you deliver now.

There is a Ross.. It's a little drive. I usually go to Marshall's or tj maxx.

Hey first! No updates... Dr appt Thursday. C section in just 15 days!!! So excited!

For ladies who already delivered: what to pack in bag for c-section? I have some things but I'm not 100% on what else.

Mo- So exciting!! I WAYYYYY overpacked for my stay at the hospital... the first two days I still had my catheter in and IV's.. so I couldn't change out of the hospital gown if I wanted to. After that, you're really REALLY sore... so wear the underwear/diaper contraption they make you... I also had a nursing nightgown and robe- I packed 3- only wore two. LOOSE is the key word- you're sore, and tired and cant walk standing straight up. I packed a bunch of big soft fuzzy socks- it made me more comfortable especially when i was so swollen. Pack a nursing/sleep bra as well- your boobs may fill up fast with milk and it aches a bit. Pack one going home outfit for you- either maternity leggings or loose pj pants or sweatpants that will rest high on your stomach- way above the incision line. NOTHING on that incision line will be comfortable until a week or so postpartum. I ended up wearing my husbands pj pants because my sweats were too tight. Ask for a belly binder- it helps you feel like your insides wont fall out! Ask away... I'm just 4 1/2 weeks now past my c section- I feel like an expert lol

Thank you babyd!! I have a belly binder already so set there. I was just going to wear black stretchy pants coming home lol. I dont see myself doing much when I get there except getting out of the car and going inside...No time for neighbors! I dont have a nursing nightgown... I may look into getting one of those. I do have the nursing tanks and some nursing shirts though and nursing bras. I am shocked at the size of my boobs now; I am afraid my bras aren't going to be big enough even though the band size is a little bigger with the new ones. I bought some more comfy socks to wear as most of mine are running athletic socks and come off easy.

Brandy - congrats on making it this far!! You are a trooper! So exciting you will be meeting your babies soon!

Mo - wow you're so close! I over packed too. I had four sets of pjs and ended up wearing the hospital gowns the whole time. It was just so much easier with breastfeeding and plus there are doctors and nurses coming in to check your incision and other things a million times a day. I did wear my two robes and slippers. Also bring flip flops for the shower. A nursing bra without underwire is great too. I wore those disposable mesh panties they give you because they are easy and hold the giant pads you will need to wear. You definitely want everything loose and stretchy and make sure it sits higher because like BabyD mentioned, anything that hits the incision will be so uncomfortable. Same thing with underwear. Granny panties are your best friend for the first few weeks :). I was also thankful I packed ear plugs and eye masks for myself and DH because it's loud in the hospital and hard to get rest without them.

Sorry I've been MIA everyone. I've been reading along but never find the time to post because Ella keeps me very busy :)

We're all doing well. I had a rough time after delivery though. I became sick with a bad infection called Mastitis about a week after Ella was born. I don't think I've ever been that sick or in that much pain. It was tough being sick and trying to heal from surgery and take care of Ella all at the same time. Luckily I'm basically back to normal now. I had a little bit of the baby blues too while I was sick but my hormones seem to be leveling out now. I still have moments where I feel overwhelmed because taking care of a newborn can be tough! I'm still breastfeeding and that has been the most challenging part of this whole thing.

Ella is doing great and she will be 5 weeks tomorrow. I can't believe how fast the time is going. I want it to slow down!

Hope everyone is doing well.

So I had a contraction the other day... I'm thinking this is normal?? I was sitting folding laundry then all of sudden I started feeling crampy so I thought I had to go... I stood up and started walking and the pain became worse, like really bad period cramps, and I had to stop in my steps and bend for like 20 seconds. Then it went away and none ever since. I have an appt tomorrow wonder if my cervix has changed at all. Will see.

Em sorry about the mastitis! I'm glad things are starting to normalize now. I hears mastitis makes one feel awful!

I am so stressed out... I thought for sure I knew what I would decide tomorrow when I go to my dr appt but I am so torn.

My comfort level at this point is 0 and I honestly feel like I cant go on :( but the thought of telling them its ok to take them csection and scheduling is bothering me... I dont know if I can reason myself as to why I should come before them.

I might have to fold and tell them no Csection and try waiting it out another week as long as all the tests are still coming back ok.

I cant be out of bed for more than a few minutes before my lower abdomen all the way down to my feet swell so bad I can barely bend my legs, my back hurts all the time from kidney stones, I have a constant dull headache, I have this weird cervix pain that started the last 3 days that I cant get rid of, my stomach keeps getting upset, diarrhea, the pelvic pain is out of control I can barely roll in or out of bed, and I am grumpy as hell and feel hopeless LOL

Sorry dont mean to complain I just have a good and bad angel on each shoulder one saying do it the other saying no you're selfish! Bah I have till 9am tomorrow to know what I want to tell the dr.

Sorry for the long rant.

Brandy you are way to strong... You have already given these girls plenty of time and suffered for the past little but so it is not shellfish at all delivering them now. They are term now so they will be healthy. No reason to put yourself at risk anymore. Maybe have them check you and if dilated try to go in for induction?

Thanks Mo! I told my DH today I would like him to tell me if he has a strong opinion one way or the other and voice it at the doctors tomorrow. I am afraid if I book something I will back out if its me deciding :(

I wonder how many people have not showed up for their csections haha.. I have had 4 abdominal surgeries in my life so it's not the surgery that bothers me... It's the what if something goes wrong for me and the babies and I have to live with it.

What if something goes wrong during the delivery? Things can always happen... Very low chances... You would rather it be a planned section vs an emergency one if that's how it needs to be done. Tough decision for sure!! Maybe talk to the dr tomorrow and then decide?

What if something goes wrong during the delivery? Things can always happen... Very low chances... You would rather it be a planned section vs an emergency one if that's how it needs to be done. Tough decision for sure!! Maybe talk to the dr tomorrow and then decide?

Ya I dunno why I am freaking out just need to calm down im sure its just hormones ATM... generally I am a pretty grounded person.

That is such a hard decision brandy. Any decision you make will be good. People have babies both ways wveryday right. I know I was really hoping for a natural delivery and I'm quite nervous about a csection I think because it is the unknown for me but now I'm so uncomfortable I just want them out. Lol. And am kind of looking forward to a planned removal hahaha.

Brandy, I think you also need to look at after delivery too. You don't want to wait to long and risk getting I'll afterward like I did. I missed my girls first night in the hospital and at home bc my own health was so poor. I'm not telling you what to do either way, but please consider the long term consequences too. You're doing great Momma! Hang in there!

Sorry I've been MIA everyone. I've been reading along but never find the time to post because Ella keeps me very busy :)

We're all doing well. I had a rough time after delivery though. I became sick with a bad infection called Mastitis about a week after Ella was born. I don't think I've ever been that sick or in that much pain. It was tough being sick and trying to heal from surgery and take care of Ella all at the same time. Luckily I'm basically back to normal now. I had a little bit of the baby blues too while I was sick but my hormones seem to be leveling out now. I still have moments where I feel overwhelmed because taking care of a newborn can be tough! I'm still breastfeeding and that has been the most challenging part of this whole thing.

Ella is doing great and she will be 5 weeks tomorrow. I can't believe how fast the time is going. I want it to slow down!

Hope everyone is doing well.

Em-- I've been wondering where you were- but as I know how hard this past month has been.. I figured you were overwhelmed as well. But Mastitis!! Ughhhh I'm so sorry.. I'm breastfeeding as well and it's beyond exhausting and overwhelming at times when they never seem full... Hope Ella's 1 month appt went well! Hudson weighs 10lbs 2oz!! I'm sure you see my husbands picture posts on my fb page :) I'm finally starting to feel like myself- not so many baby blues anymore.. just sometimes at night when I'm beyond exhausted and lonely... plus it's so cold and snowy.. just want to get outside already!!! Glad to hear you're on the mend.. I thought a c section and new baby was a lot.. but mastitis too.. I dont' know how you coped!! xoxox

Brandy I'm sure once you talk to the doctor tomorrow you will know what to do. It's hard when you don't want to have a csection. But definitely better planned than emergency. By the time I had to have mine I had to be put under anesthesia and missed seeing him born as well as being very sick after. At this point your babies are completely safe for delivery so you should take your health and well being into consideration. Hugs!

Mo how did you make out? Any changes to your cervix, do they think you had a contraction?

BabyD I hear you on the cabin fever! I have had to battle most of the time with breastfeeding so we don't get out too much. I'm soooo ready for nice weather to get out and walk and eventually run again!

I go tomorrow at 1130 so we shall see...I think I lost some mucous plug today as well as I had clumps of mucous in the toilet and yesterday I had some snot like stuff (sorry tmi!) but i will keep you all updated :) If it wasnt a contraction it was some bad gas pain lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->