Assisted Conception and LTTTC - Due in 2013/2014

Mo- good luck your getting sooooo close!!

Brandy- your doing amazing! Your babies will do great. Mine were born over 2 months early and went home at 34 and 35 weeks. And I was only 31 weeks. Your girls won't even need nicu. Also I always wanted a c section. I wanted a controlled environment. Hopefully not too much longer

Hope everyone else is doing well. Have been stalking but both my boys have been soooooooo fussy and not getting sleep

Brandy how did things go??

For me: nothing to report. Dr didn't want to check me. Boo! Baby healthy. Breech. Next appt March 13th the delivery a few days later!

Update for me- I just went to the doctor and did my testing and it all came back ok. However, the doctor did a check on me because I had been complaining of cervix pain. He was shocked and asked if I was feeling contractions... I said no I have less contractions now than before we stopped my PTL. Turns out I am 4.5cm dilated and 75% effaced. He told me I could go straight to the hospital now or go home and do activities to see if I can start contractions. I am tired of the hospital and have chosen to come home! I am doing laundry and waiting for my water to break and or contractions. I am in alot of pain just apparently not the normal labor type pain. He said there is no way I will make it through tomorrow night so we shall see

Mo very glad everything is still going great. Not much longer now!!

Brandy your getting close!! Hope all goes well. Cont to keep us updated

Bit of drama for me tonight ladies. My ear drum ruptured. Horrific pain comparable to labor. Had to go to hospital. Now on antibiotics and painkillers. Tomorrow morning non stress test at hospital.

OMG!!! Blue, that is the last thing you need!!! That just happened out of nowhere?!?! Ugh! Good luck with the NST. Keep us posted...

Ouch blue!!! Hope it's not too painful today :(

OMG!!! Blue, that is the last thing you need!!! That just happened out of nowhere?!?! Ugh! Good luck with the NST. Keep us posted...

It's crazy I knew my ear was blocked and my nose was very stuffed. But yep all of a sudden my ear started hurting and got really bad really fast until it ruptured. Hurt as much as labor did. Madness.

Sorry I've been MIA everyone. I've been reading along but never find the time to post because Ella keeps me very busy :)

We're all doing well. I had a rough time after delivery though. I became sick with a bad infection called Mastitis about a week after Ella was born. I don't think I've ever been that sick or in that much pain. It was tough being sick and trying to heal from surgery and take care of Ella all at the same time. Luckily I'm basically back to normal now. I had a little bit of the baby blues too while I was sick but my hormones seem to be leveling out now. I still have moments where I feel overwhelmed because taking care of a newborn can be tough! I'm still breastfeeding and that has been the most challenging part of this whole thing.

Ella is doing great and she will be 5 weeks tomorrow. I can't believe how fast the time is going. I want it to slow down!

Hope everyone is doing well.

I apologize that I'm several days behind here.

Em: I'm glad to hear that you're doing well now, but so sorry to hear about the mastitis.

I had a really rough two weeks after delivery also. I had placenta accreta, where the placenta grows into the uterus and has to be ripped out, causing lots of bleeding. (It can also require a hysterectomy right there on the delivery table, if the bleeding doesn't stop.) I narrowly avoided a blood transfusion, but did end up in the ER when I was 4 days postpartum. Anyway, I understand the difficulty of trying to take care of a newborn when you are not physically well. It seems impossible! And it led to the blues for me also.

But I'm happy to report that at 6.5 weeks, I'm well-healed physically and I feel much more comfortable with taking care of my DS. Also, breastfeeding has become MUCH easier! My supply has increased and the pain is gone, except a little nipple soreness. In fact, I prefer breastfeeding to bottle feeding now, because it's much more convenient; bottles are a pain to clean.

So, I'm in a very good place emotionally. In other words, it gets better, mommies!

Breastfeeding advice to those who are next:
1) If you start getting really sore nipples/breasts, see your OB or a lactation consultant as soon as possible and try to get a prescription for All Purpose Nipple Ointment ("APNO"). They have to mix it at a compounding pharmacy, not your usual CVS.

2) Also, if you have a hard spot in your breast that doesn't soften after breastfeeding, it's likely a clogged duct. To avoid mastitis, apply heat to the area for 5-15 minutes and then aggressively massage it. This worked for me. If you don't get the duct unclogged, it will develop into mastisis.

Update for me- I just went to the doctor and did my testing and it all came back ok. However, the doctor did a check on me because I had been complaining of cervix pain. He was shocked and asked if I was feeling contractions... I said no I have less contractions now than before we stopped my PTL. Turns out I am 4.5cm dilated and 75% effaced. He told me I could go straight to the hospital now or go home and do activities to see if I can start contractions. I am tired of the hospital and have chosen to come home! I am doing laundry and waiting for my water to break and or contractions. I am in alot of pain just apparently not the normal labor type pain. He said there is no way I will make it through tomorrow night so we shall see

Oh, Brandy, that's great news! I hope you've got your babies now and everyone is healthy! :thumbup:

It's crazy I knew my ear was blocked and my nose was very stuffed. But yep all of a sudden my ear started hurting and got really bad really fast until it ruptured. Hurt as much as labor did. Madness.

Oh my, that is terrible, Blue! :hugs::hugs:

I hope you're feeling better now.

Blue- sorry to hear that! Hope it gets better and hope your appt goes well!

First- that's the exact advice I would give! I get those hard spots here and there and I massage the heck out of them lol. I still pump and nurse occasionally. But now we have to switch back and forth. One feeding formula next bottle. They both drink about 3 1/2- 4 ozs every 3- 3 1/2 hours (except at night) and I can't keep up anymore I feel terrible because they are getting formula. Ughhh
But I'm so happy it going so much better for you.

Mo- getting closer

Brandy- hope all is well

AFM one of the boys are SO much more fussier then the other. Like wakes up screaming, after he eats screaming then finally starts again it's continuous. I think it's just gas though. I will also be excited when the boys hit 6 months so I won't have newborns and they might sleep longer. Being they are so preemie I have newborns for 6 months not just 3. Ready for some sleep

Hope everyone else is all doing ok.

Sweetness j can imagine the sleep is hard. I remember reading once that the magic number is when they hit 11 lbs they begin sleeping really long stretches trough the night. I was spoiled with my dd she slept 10 hours straight at 8 weeks. You are right with bein preemies you will go through that longer. Xxxxx. Hugs. Yet are beautiful and doing great

Sweet, your boys are adorable. How old are they now? They are eating about the same as my girls and they are only 3 weeks old, and about 7 pounds.

Blue, sorry about your ear...feel better.

Brandy, how are you doing?

AFM, we are doing well. The girls are getting into a routine, and I get good stretches of sleep at night. DH is incredible with them! I just can't stop staring at them and believing they are really here!

Blue - so sorry to hear about your ear :hugs: I hope you're on the mend and pain free soon.

Sweetness - hope you can get some more sleep soon. Is it possible that your one DS has reflux? You've probably already looked into that but he sounds like my good friend's DS with all of that screaming right when he wakes up and after feeding. They put him on Zantac and he's a totally different baby.

Brandy - so exciting you're so close to meeting your girls. Good luck!!

Mells - great to hear that you're doing well and getting sleep! Sleep makes it all more tolerable :)

Em-- I've been wondering where you were- but as I know how hard this past month has been.. I figured you were overwhelmed as well. But Mastitis!! Ughhhh I'm so sorry.. I'm breastfeeding as well and it's beyond exhausting and overwhelming at times when they never seem full... Hope Ella's 1 month appt went well! Hudson weighs 10lbs 2oz!! I'm sure you see my husbands picture posts on my fb page :) I'm finally starting to feel like myself- not so many baby blues anymore.. just sometimes at night when I'm beyond exhausted and lonely... plus it's so cold and snowy.. just want to get outside already!!! Glad to hear you're on the mend.. I thought a c section and new baby was a lot.. but mastitis too.. I dont' know how you coped!! xoxox

BabyD - thank you! It's been one of the most challenging times of my life to be honest. I thought I was in the clear after my placenta previa resolved and the rest of my pregnancy was smooth sailing. Little did I know the real challenges would come after delivery. Add to that the trauma from my emergency c-section and it was the perfect storm.

Anyway, it's good to hear you're doing well and I'm glad you're feeling more like yourself. The baby blues are so tough to deal with. :hugs: I knew to expect them since most of my friends have had them, but had no idea how awful they can feel.

Wow, Hudson is a great weight! Good job Momma!! Ella had her 1 month appointment and weighed 8lbs 13 oz. I was thrilled because she didn't gain enough weight at first when I was so sick. She's grown out of her newborn diapers and clothing this past week too. Packing up all of those tiny clothes was a little heartbreaking since I don't know if we'll get to have another baby.

I hear you on the weather! Yesterday was finally nice and we took a really long walk it was amazing. I can't wait for spring! I haven't been on fbook much but I will have to go check out your photos :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->