*Assisted conception ladies due Jan/Feb/March 2017*

Nimbec I'll pray for you and bubs!! Wow I can't believe you are the lucky winner of such an unusual case. I bet the drs all want to write papers about your case and be the one to cause the breakthrough in your treatment :X.

Rq- yep mine were also still very swollen at my 7week scan, I think I posted about it. Googled and apparently it's quite common & that's why ivf ladies "show" bloat/baby bumps much sooner. I can STILL feeling my ovary paining a lot especially now that baby is growing. Wonder when it will start to go down!

If I didn't need my ovaries to produce estrogen& progesterone in the future I would quite happily have them removed after having all my frozen embies transferred lol.... I am SO done with ttc.

Rq I also love looking for signs even if just for fun :) so random a wedding with b/p balloons!

Rebecca I also used to work in health care (practice management) and let me tell you many patients only thank the dr, and of course the dr gets to put 90% of the money in her/his pocket, so thanking and acknowledging the whole team is an incredibly thoughtful gesture. Just shows what a sweetie you are <3

11 weeks today. Wait, what!?

Nimbec, fx for you for a healthy beta rise. I hope they're keeping you comfortable in the hospital.

RQ that's definitely a sign! Wouldn't that be amazing if you got one of each.
There was a thing that happened in my city yesterday, very weird and made me cry last night. A little gorgeous 5 year old was kidnapped and when they found her the most absolutely beautiful rainbow lit up over the entire city. Fb filled up with tears and pictures of this rainbow. It's amazing how we get definite 'signs' sometimes. I'll apologize for a sad story but it was so relevent and so amazing.

Rebecca what a kind gesture to treat your fs team. The world is a much better place when people express their gratitude for the good things that happen. I'm sure they'll all appreciate whatever you decide to treat them with!

Fern 11 weeks! Wowzers, you're so close to graduating to second tri:dance::bunny:
Do you get to start tapering off your drugs next week?

Myshelsong how was the roadtrip?

Praying, beemack, and Froggy how are you two feeling?

nimbec - welcome love! and I'm so sorry for all that you've been going through. I was a "medical anomaly" case last year with my cervical ectopic and though it was overwhelming that so many docs were in and out trying to see what it was all about, I hoped that it could help someone in the future. hang in there and I'll be sending so many positive vibes and thoughts your way :hugs::hugs:

I did forget to mention yesterday that they found a large cyst on my right ovary. the doc said he wants my obs to keep an eye on it, so I'm hoping that means more scans! I made my first OB for the 27th (they didn't have anything for the 26th) so I'm happy to be keeping up with an appt every other week.

I'm still feeling great and now I'm finally appreciating it. I hated that I didn't have any symptoms because I thought it meant something had gone wrong. but now that I know that I've been symptom free with a healthy baby in me, I love it!! :happydance:

I hope everyone else is feeling well too - so many of you are about to be in second tri! :happydance::happydance:

2have - I don't know why I never realized that you were in Rocky Mountain area. I have been watching the news and reading all the articles on that girl, it is heart breaking. I read the news this morning when I woke up and started bawling. It is heartbreaking.

This world is so crazy right now. The Nice terror attack is so scary, we were there five years ago for our honey moon and remember standing right where this happened. It is so sad that this is happening all over the world. I am having a sad morning, weird dreams all night did not help. I think I had multiple miscarriage dreams that have put me on edge. Freaking out.

Nimbec- holy moly that is intense! I am suprise do that your clinic did the transfer if you were having suck issues, or did it come up after the transfer happened? I hope you feel better soon

I am officially jealous of everyone here that gets to go to the Drs more than once a month! Sounds like most of you go once a week or at least every other week.

we were in Nice 2 months ago. It's so devastating. I shouldn't have looked through the pics because I recognize all of the locations and it makes it even more heartbreaking. it really is horrible to have to hear about this kind of stuff on a weekly basis. :cry:

So shocking and tragic about Nice :( I don't even want to turn on the news today. It makes me realise again how precious each day that we get to spend with our loved ones is.

Myshel - please remind me when is your next scan? Mine are also way too few and far between, I think after the 12 week one I will only go again at 20 weeks. At the same time it feels like the weeks are flying by.

2have I was only taking vaginal crinone (progesterone) gel each morning after my bfp; have already stopped taking it on Monday! A day or so after stopping it I didn't feel dizzy/sea sick anymore and my skin cleared up a lot, I think that contributed to me feeling "not pregnant" on Wednesday. However, I've not had any spotting or cramping. Today I feel empowered that my body is carrying a fetus all by itself! Being off crinone is great. I'm still taking asprin though due to a blood clotting issue.

Myshel- uhh hun I hate those dreams that make you feel upset for the whole next day :/ hope your weekend is better! You are almost 12weeks and mc rates are sooo low for how far you are xx

Oh Rebecca I didn't realise our weeks both tick over on a Friday! Happy double digits :)

Fern - the nurse mentioned that the ovaries should be decreasing soon for me because they won't have to support the pregnancy with the placenta taking over. The whole corpus lutem cyst thing.

I'm so ready to be off and start the weekend! We are camping this weekend and are going boating on the lake tomorrow. Work just seems so drab today and I'm ready for some nature and fun. Hope you all have a great weekend!

Nimbec-Welcome welcome welcome!! Hope you are able to get out of hospital soon with your little bean snuggled in tightly.

RQ-I really hope that is a sign boy/girl twins would be awesome

Rebecca-I am thinking of a small thankyou for my clinic as well. Considering a nice assortment of pastries-they are awesome so I definitely need to thank them

Fern-11 Weeks whoop whoop!!! Congrats hun, I am right behind you :)

beemeck-hope the cyst doesn't cause any problems but yey to more scans and times to see your little bean

Rq120-Camping sounds like fun. Enjoy your weekend.

I hope I didn't miss anyone, just trying to catch up with you busy ladies. I have been feeling really sick this past week which is why my posting has been a bit sporadic. The nausea is killing me and all I want to do is wrap up in bed and be alone all day :(. I am hoping this all stops when I am in the 2nd tri but for the moment I am not a happy camper. I've tried small meals, no carbs, ginger, watermelon, banana etc and I still get the nausea. Sigh. I am definitely over the moon to be pregnant and carrying our little bean but I can't wait for this phase to be behind me.
No major plans for my weekend just looking for mirrors for our bathrooms and maybe get my hair done (depends how I feel). Hope you ladies have a great weekend!

I was just reading about the Nice terror attack. So heartbreaking.
There was an American dad and son vacationing and they were among the victims. How horrifying this attack is.

Praying- sorry you're feeling so horrible I can relate. Can you ask your doctor to get you some IV fluids? They certainly help. I'm going Monday for IV fluids.

Myshel- I get horrible dreams to. I awake in fear that it's really going to happen.

Rebecca-If this continues I may need to reach out to my doctor.

You don't have to suffer until then. I was so so sick when I was pregnant with my daughter. Was hospitalized for dehydration a handful of times. Before I got pregnant I spoke to my OB and he told me that there's no harm in adding IV fluids even if you're not yet dehydrated.
Since I was really sick the past 2 weeks and vomitted several times a day I called my OB and he put in an order for me at the hospital.

Praying- did you end up going to the dr?

I'm feeling so huge!! I was with my family all day today and I'm wondering if they suspect I'm pregnant. It's hard to hide my belly. At first I thought it was bloat but it's sticking around :)

My belly is so round. I definitely can't hide it anymore except underneath large jackets! Dh commented on it being a "round pregnant " belly instead of just a thickened waist/bloaty look as of week 10. Hope I don't get too huge! Only 3 of my jeans still fit around my waist and its SO cold here omw I can't wear skirts or yoga pants so I'm stuck doing laundry every day lol! Hope this doesn't turn out to be a huge baby... my dh and his 3 brothers are all enormous... mil told me all her babies were so big that she had to have a cs each time. Even her TWINS were almost 4kg each!! Oh dear :)

Fern, with my last pregnancy my mom bought me a long nursing /pregnancy hoodie. It was super expensive but so comfy that I wanted one more so I went onto ebay and found a seller who does similar hoodies (she has SO many colours & styles) for extremely reasonable prices.

Her maternity & nursing selection is huge. Bras, covers, work tops, dresses, really lovely things. I'm tall and love that her tops cover the bum so you can wear tights and not have the bum hanging out:haha:I also got a long sleeve purple/pink top with side rouching where you csn pull the top 3/4 up over your boobs/bra-line to nurse. I found maternity shopping like wedding shopping, they know you're a niche market & tend to have more expensive prices in boutiques & shops.

The only other mat clothes I bought are a pair of capris and a sheer sweater at H&M but the hoodies were my go-to comfort favourites! If you ladies get nursing covers, I recommend a double arc band so that it lifts off baby and you can see what you're doing. The ladies in my babies & birth class all liked the double band best.

This is my purple hoodie cowl neck/side zips for easy baby access:
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/MIJA-2-in1-...hash=item2a5930824b:m:mjqMlWq0ID3RwTAfLMba5xg

image.jpg

2have that is SO nice!! It's a bit too expensive for me if I convert back to Rands buuuttt.... my moms sews so I will ask if she can try a similar pattern for me! Thanks hun x

Hi everyone thank you for your warm welcome &#128512;. I'm pleased to say I'm on my way home from hospital!! I will beat this OHSS!! I'm still full of fluid but not as bad just hoping I don't need another drain. I can't remember who asked &#128563; Can I blame it on the pregnancy hormones yet?! But I wasn't high risk at all and had late on set severe ohss which only effects 1% of people ...fun times! I'm waiting for the result of today's beta ...fingers crossed my little bean is a fighter too.

Fern I'm super bloated too and of course ovaries swelled..think I'm going to have to order a pair of maternity trousers &#128580; ...the superstitious part of me tho won't let me!

Praying how are you feeling? I had terrible sickness with my first and was hospitalised for a few days - it's very common and id recommend it as they give you super anti sickness to take home and I felt like a new woman. Hope you are ok.

Hello to everyone else, hope you and bumps are all doing well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->