*Assisted conception ladies due Jan/Feb/March 2017*

2have I've felt that way ALL THE TIME since 4weeks! And no it didn't stop when I stopped my progesterone. I literally get dizzy and faint if I don't eat all.the.time. And I have to have carbs at least 3× a day otherwise I feel like I'm going to pass out. It's a completely foreign feeling, I've been doing low carb/carb free for years (with occasional cheats); and have been basically only eating plain veg, healthy oils, organic meat, dairy & eggs for MONTHS prior to IVF! I am not used to this massive appetite. And everything is growing fast; my uterus is huge and sticking out far above my pubic bone, gaining weight, etc...

Froggy- 14 weeks!! You'll feel him again soon. :)

Ugh our power is out AGAIN so I'm sitting here in the dark with a half-cooked dinner, watching out for beemeck's update hehe. South Africa's electricity provider is absolutely useless. We have power outages for 6-12 hours at a time almost every fortnight :(. Already worrying about finding battery operated bottle warmers etc.

Uh, well glad I'm not alone in this insatiable hunger!

Fern that's not good about your power. Just out if curiosity, is the power corp private or gov't owned?

Beemack...stalking!

aw you girls are the best. I'm suddenly so, so nervous. eek. leaving in 10 - appt is 2:15 but they take forever there, ugh.

ps. I can't stop eating either!! if I'm not getting carbs, it might as well be like I'm eating nothing. so unlike me too!

I'm totally eating all day. Mostly crackers and snack foods.
Lots of bread and pasta.
My goal is to drink two 17 oz water bottles every day. It's really tough since it makes me a little naesous but I know I need to stay hydrated.

Beemeck, good luck!!!

My scan at the OB is tomorrow. I'm so excited and nervous!

Ugh, fern I was on another thread for years and one of the ladies there was from south Africa and would tell us about the outages. That would get on my nerves so bad!!!

With you all on the eating thing. Today I got some real nausea for the first time while we were out in town and I think it was because I let myself get hungry. I've felt queasy on and off since but better once I got some carbs in me! I had even emailed my nurse yesterday, saying I was anxious that I had no morning sickness!!!

Can't wait for update from you, Beemeck. I'm excited about my scan again now, just 40 more hours to wait!!!

El, I also have a scan tomorrow. Yay!
I notice I'm most nauseous when I get hungry. I try to not let myself get hungry and just keep munching all day. It's hard because there's not a lot that I enjoy eating. I love love cheesecake and my husband brought me home a slice of really delicious cheesecake last week and I haven't even touched it. It just doesn't appeal to me 😔

All is good with baby! Was found on the Doppler within 30 seconds and heart rate is 170. However my cyst is out of control. She thinks it got bigger from my scan based on feeling and seeing (yes seeing!) it from looking at my abdomen. I guess that's what my bump is all about lol. She said it's about the size of an orange right now and at high risk for bursting or twisting since it has no where left to go. My uterus has pushed it from my pelvis to my abdomen. So she's concerned but said it won't affect baby. She wants to remove it if it doesn't go down by second tri :( I'm so hoping it does !!! Scan on Tuesday to get a good look at it .....

Yay, great heartbeat! Sorry about the cyst but they are keeping a close eye on you. I bet you were so relieved today!

Beemack that's great news about the baby! Sorry to hear about your cyst, that's huge, are you in pain from it? If they have to remove it let it be quick & painfree!

Thanks girls. Yes it's very painful. I wake in the night every time I roll to that side. That just started though. She said that's bc previously it was in my pelvis and now it's in my abdomen so will be feeling it a lot more. She said no more yoga or anything remotely strenuous. It could burst any second- eek! Although that would be extremely painful, I would prefer that to the twisting and possibly even to the risk of removing it ... So yeah hopefully it just shrinks !

Beemack years ago I had a cyst burst, I was beside myself in pain. It happened at work, reduced me to tears and I had to have DH pick me up. I also had one aspirated at the fs office and it was only slightly painful, I had no pain meds. So don't be scared, those doctors know what they're doing! The bcp always gave my cysts. So I only ever took bcp for ivf down regging. Either way, sorry to hear you're cut off from yoga. I understand how awesome it makes you feel, it's like the gym for me. You're almost in 2nd tri so hopefully it won't last too long!

Beemeck sounds horrible I hope it gets better soon and doesn't cause you any more pain.

I had the most horrible night. I was up from 1am-5am! Finally at 4:30 I decided to take a shower since at least it would give me something to do and 1 less thing in the morning.
Finally I fell asleep to the sound of birds waking up at about 5:20.
Ughhhh!

My OB appointment is soon in super nervous and excited, I'll update you a bit later.

Good luck Rebecca. I hope it goes well. My first scan is tomorrow and I expect I'll struggle to sleep tonight with excitement and nerves.

good luck with the scans girls!!! can't wait for good news :hugs:

rebecca - I've been awake the past two nights. it's horrendous and I feel like crap today.

leaving for chicago in a few hours so I'll be MIA but can't wait to see the updates when I return!

Oh goodness beemeck! Take care!! At least the bump is STILL all due to pregnancy :). So glad baby is doing well!

Aw shame rebecca I hope you sleep better tonight. And you, Ellie.

I love that there are constantly so many scans & appointments happening, bring on the updates!

Afm- hubby came up with the greatest boy name last night! So excited. I don't want to post it on here but it is a bit similar to Gage ;).

I hope it shrinks for you soon beemeck!

Gl at your scans rebecca!

How exciting your first scan is tomorrow ellie, I'm so happy for you!

Fern, hmm what could it be??? Now I really want to know!

Hi all. I told my boss(es) today that I was expecting. My main boss was very enthusiastic. He can't wait until I tell the rest of my team. I told him I would prob just send an email. I have a little funny to send (a meme of when you ask a women she is pregnant). So I will prob send out an email to the team this week or early next. Whew! I'm glad that is off my plate.

Haha what a relief rq!

Froggy- lol I just don't want to post any personal details including names on here where anyone can view it. Anybody curious about our baby's name or any other personal info is welcome to pm me!

2have - to answer your previous question, the power company is state owned & administrated (that explains everything basically). Feel free to read about Eskom on Wikipedia; surprisingly a lot of facts on there! Africa has many lovely features but our government is not one of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->