*Assisted conception ladies due Jan/Feb/March 2017*

Oh 2have, I am sorry to read this. It's certainly not what you need right now. It does sound like a good idea for you both to sit down and talk about what is happening. It's such a shame that this small part of him is causing so many issues when like you say most of the time he is great. I hope you get to talk things through and he understands your feelings, a little compromise is not a lot to ask for. You are a team and you need to make life as comfortable and as happy as you can for each other. I hope the situation improves quickly for you. Oh and rant away, it always makes me feel so much about things when I do.

Ellie, congratulations on the scan today, good news that everything is on track. I love seeing little one wriggling away, it's so amazing.

Fern, it's so sad that some people have to live in fear everyday because of crime, it seems so unfair. I know every country has there dodgy areas, there are definitely places here I avoid but to be faced with that everyday must be so hard. It's good that you have high security and able to protect yourself the best you can. It's such a shame it has such a high crime rate because South Africa is a beautiful country and you are right there does need to be some changes. Let's hope we see it in our lifetime.

Thanks ladies, Fern, I looked at his phone Sunday evening when he left in on the couch while he took DD outside to try to help her sleep. It's a trick he does for her and it seems to work. Then Tuesday morning when he was still asleep and it was beside him on his night table I opened it to see the aftermath of my text to his friends. I'm surprised he hasn't changed his password lol. I know he's not cheating sexually, but either way, as soon as you start lying or hiding things from me or speaking badly about me to friends it's the equivalent of cheating in my eyes. I think it's bad for me to check his phone but when you have a friend that's a girl, that he sees maybe once or twice/month, it's wise on every wife's part to check now and then what the conversations look like. I almost never check but when I do I'm always ok with what's going on. She's going through a divorce, has a boyfriend, and DH has known her since uni days. I'm glad she thinks it's cruel for me to cut them off. Next time someone reaches out to you who's in distress, answer the call, don't just reply to your long time loyal male friend!

He's coming for a walk and lunch at noon with DD and then we set an agenda on what to talk about tonight. Albeit he's only set 1/2 hour for us, I don't know how he'll get a word in in that timeframe:rofl:

2have - I hope your talk goes well tonight. It's important that you are put first in your marriage. Where does ANY other woman get off telling you that you are pushing your husband away. grrrr

Ellie - yay on the healthy US.

AFM same ol same ol. I told DH that I'll be happy to go to the doc next Monday and check on the babies. My stomach isn't feeling as hard and I want to see how they are doing. Last week you could totally feel exactly where my uterus was and now even though I feel the uterus it's not as defined. I think what is happening is they are getting higher and are surrounded by a little more abdominal fat. Also, I think maybe my cysts are going down and that is helping with the bloating. I have one pair of pants that fit right now and I have a feeling I'll be transitioning to maternity pants in the next week or two.

Ellie- so happy your baby is doing well! Always so reassuring to see/hear that little heart beating.

2have- wow, sounds rough! Good for you for being on top of it and not letting it get worse. I like your policy of cheating=automatic divorce. I would never be able to trust DH after that. DH doesn't communicate that well but at least I know that we can trust each other. I hope you guys work it out and things are happy when the babies come.

2have sounds like a stressful couple of days! Hope it gets better soon.

Ok so got our bloodwork back and we are low for everything ..... And we are HAVING A BOY!!!
Ahhh kind of freaking out. I think I convinced my self it was a girl for some reason and I am super thrilled, but now have to rethink the nursery! And names, omg I have to think about names, boy names.

Yay myshelsong!!! So awesome!!

I'm so unsure what to do for the nursery. My daughters room is adorable and super girly. It has an awesome elephant theme. Bedding, window curtains and valances and I ordered her custom blocks with her name with elephants. There's also elephant wall art.
Our third bedroom which is waiting for the arrival of our little girls in painted BLUE! When we moved into our house I didn't know if I was having a boy or girl so we painted one room pink and the other blue.
Now I'm stuck with a blue room and two girls on the way. If we repainting before they're born then everyone will know..

You could do a light grey with blue accents everywhere in the furniture and bedding. Light grey is pretty unisex. Or wait to paint until you tell everyone. Are you going to tell family?

You could do a light grey with blue accents everywhere in the furniture and bedding. Light grey is pretty unisex. Or wait to paint until you tell everyone. Are you going to tell family?

No, we are not telling :)

I guess we'll repaint once they arrive. I just wish it could be completed beforehand.

Also, we have blue carpet, but I can do grays and that would work.

So awesome myshel!!!! Congrats!!!

We are doing our own spin on oh the places you'll go. I didn't like the store bought ones so I'm making my own. I'm making hot air balloons out of party lanterns, and I'm going to have the words oh the places youll go over the crib.

Today is my birthday! Dh bought me a really nice handbag, he has got really good taste in bags and shoes. He goes shopping with me sometimes and dresses me lol.

Happy birthday froggy!

Sounds like my DH, he's awesome at styling me :)

Yay myshelsong. I'm glad everything came back ok. Congrats on the boy :)

I take back everything I said the other day. I could really feel my uterus last night (which made me feel better) and today I have a lot of stretching/pulling sensations in my lower abdomen. I had it a couple of weeks ago also. So I know there is some growing going on in there.

Congrats on your baby boy Myshel! Such a blessing!!

Happy birthday Froggy hun, are you 29 or 30 today? Hope the year ahead is full of blessings and happiness.

Nursery colors etc: mine will be blue (or turquoise) and grey/brown regardless because blue is my favourite colour!

2have - how are you doing today?

Rq- those days are so reassuring. I think Froggy mentioned earlier that she believes baby goes through growth spurts? Maybe we have uterus growth spurts coupled with hiding-behind-bloat days because I definitely experience the same as you some days.

Thank heavens it's Friday! SLEEP.

Hahaha Rebecca I meant light grey with pink and white accents.... Instead I gave you my boy idea with the blue! Omg I have blue on the brain lol. Sorry.

Blue is also my favourite colour. I think I want to do a four toned mountain mural in the background, then do a light grey for three walls. Or i have no idea

Happy Birthday!!! Any big plans today? I love the idea of the "Oh the Places you'll go. So excited for your guys!

Hi Fern & ladies, doing ok thx. We talked with no resolution last night so DH booked us counselling. Then this morning we were going to go out for brunch when my tire ran flat. Turns out it's not the tire, the rum is damaged and $1000+ for a new one. Darned Acura parts! Can't wait to get an SUV. DH called around and got us some 7-seater SUV's that we were looking at purchasing to use from dealerships over the weekend. Saves us from renting a car :dance: so he's off running errands right now sorting that all out.

I hate complications! How's everyone else doing? Weekend plans?

Edit: I justbooked my next scan, Sept 27...that's ages away!

Ellecain-Congrats on a great scan!

Myshelsong-Congrats on you boy!! Yey gender announcements are so exciting. Are you now on additional supplements as your numbers were low?

Froggy-Happy Birthday!! I would never let my hubby dress me lol

2have-So sorry you are having issues with DH. I would have been pissed as well. It's actually disrespectful and I'm pretty sure he wouldn't want you to do that to him. I hope your counselling help work things out.

It must be the time for husbands to drive us crazy as mine is driving me up the wall. He hired a company to do some touch ups with smoothing the ceiling in our kitchen. They told him it would take 1 day so I come home today (day 2) and my full kitchen is still covered in plastic and now they are saying they don't expect to be finished until Monday. The only thing I said to DH was wow that's disappointing because 1 day is now turning into 5. Well why did I say that he just snaps and says what do I expect him to do if they say they need more time.WTH!! I came home to relax if I needed some obviously hormonal person snapping at me and stressing me out I should have just stayed at work. Smt.

No weekend plans for me I actually got someone to come in tomorrow to clean the full house for me since the last time I did that I had terrible back pain. Now that we are partially under construction and this being a dusty job this seems like a total waste. Have a great weekend everyone and don't party too hard Froggy :)

Weekend plans - sleep in tomorrow!!! Saturday I work at the hospital (PRN job) to make extra money to pay off the IVF costs. I hope to be debt free except for our house by the time the babies come. I get a weekend differential and an evening differential so it's worth the extra money. DH will go grocery shopping while I work. Sunday will be a rest day.

Hi all
Congratulations myshelsong on your little boy 💙 really pleased for you!
Glad you scan went well Ellie, it's really is such a relief to see that heart beating away!
Hope you had a good birthday froggy!
I had my scan yesterday, what an experience! Seeing your baby's heart beating away especially after the bleed I had a couple of weeks ago. I'm 7 weeks and 3 days, estimated due date 28th March (my birthday is the 29th) we were surprised there wasn't 2 in there as everyone joked with us that we have tried so hard for 1 we would end up with 2 plus my mum was a twin.
I've officially been discharged from my fertility clinic now so I need to get in touch with my local midwife x

ES, congratulations on a great scan! I can't get enough of the sight of that little flicker of a heartbeat. I videoed it and I just keep watching it over and over. How sweet that you are due so close to your own birthday. What a birthday present that will be!

Myshelsong, congratulations on the all clear and on your little boy! Now you can relax and enjoy your pregnancy. I feel like the all clear is the last big hurdle.

On that note, I've booked in for a harmony test on 25th August. Although the NHS does a free NT scan at 12 weeks, my age will mean that it won't really be that conclusive anyway. I'll come out fairly high risk for Downs. I won't be able to cope with that stress, so DH and I have decided to pay for Harmony. The bonus is that we will find out the gender! Apparently, the result comes back in about 5 days, so I should get my all clear around 11 weeks. I'll then have the NHS scan but it won't matter what that tells me. I'm going to announce the pregnancy before I go back to school in early September. It's all so exciting!!!

Ahh great news ES! Glad you're doing so well :).

2have - hope the counselling helps your husband to gain some perspective. Sheesh that's expensive car parts!? Hope you get the suv sooner rather than later!

Praying - home renovations suck big time. Almost everything in our house has to be renovated and it's a source of a lot of stress related fights for us. I feel your pain. Could the cleaner come on Tuesday? Paint/plaster dust in and on everything is the pits, sorry hun!

Rq- great plan to get debt free.

Is anyone doing a gender reveal party? We are doing a tea the Sunday after the gender scan with just close family (the rest can find out via whatsapp). I'm thinking of making each couple a card with a scan pic & the baby's name and the meaning of the name. I'll hand each card out in an envelope and then everyone can open it at once while we maybe record their reactions. That way we get the possible name criticism issue out of the way too, as I doubt my family will criticize our chosen names in front of the inlaws and vice versa.

One snag in my plan is that dh's 3 brothers are all rough unmannered alcoholics in my opinion, especially two of them who look like they never take a bath (dh's NOT like that!). So I might "forget" to invite them, or state clearly on their invite (which I'll only send the night before) that it's an alcohol-free tea party and dress code semi formal (even though its not, just to get them to bath and wear clean clothes) lol they'll think I'm stuck up but who cares.

Ellie- hope all is well and that you can conclusively find out your risk factors. Aahh you may find out your baby's gender before I do!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->