*Assisted conception ladies due Jan/Feb/March 2017*

2have, I have never heard of fitness helping low blood pressure. I have syncope, which is where I get sudden drops in my blood pressure and it causes me to faint and I have even had seizures from it. No doctor has ever told me to exercise to help it. I was always told to increase my salt intake and electrolyte intake and to be careful when working out.

"For people with low blood pressure, exercise can trigger the symptoms associated with a drop in blood pressure. However, this doesn't mean these people should avoid exercise – in fact, it's important to keep physically fit, which will help circulate blood around the body. Having strong calf muscles, for example, can help blood flow back to your heart, so lack of exercise can make symptoms worse." https://www.webmd.boots.com/heart-disease/guide/exercise-low-blood-pressure

I was told moderate exercise helps, drinking lots of water, and having enough salt. When your circulation is good your blood returns quicker than if you have poor cardio/circulation. Right now my symptoms are definitely worse than the first pregnancy when I worked out almost everyday.

Froggy & Ellie, just keep focussing on that "and how insanely happy I am today." bit. That's all that counts, you can focus on your body once your baby comes. Do things that make you happy and healthy in the mean time like walking and eating healthy for you and baby. Remember so much will fall off right after birth! I lost 20 pounds in 1 day with DD. It's amazing!

Ellie does the Polysporin 1% cortisone help the skin issue? I have excema now and then and this usually clears it up. Prednisone might feel great when it helps with so many immune issues but it robs your bones of calcium and puts you at risk for osteoporosis, among other things. I don't know about your pills too but mine weren't coated and they were the most awful, hideous tasting little horrid pills I've ever had. Good riddance!

Froggy that scan is amazing. Looking great!

Ellie ahh, that looks itch and painful. So Annoying! Hope it heals itself soon.

Fern, hope it keeps the bad guys out for you!

Taking it easy today. I had an infant shoot yesterday and it took so long I can home and just crashed! So today is relax and clean day, tomorrow I will edit images all day. Ha a w doing on Saturday, hope I can handle it with this exhaustion

2have, i would just be careful. Of course moderate exercise is good, but don't overdo it because getting dizzy and passing out will cause a fall that could potentially hurt you seriously or hurt the baby. I have hit my head pretty hard passing out from low blood pressure. I now know the symptoms and if I start feeling it coming on I immediately get on the ground and put my feet up on the wall to make the blood return to my heart per many doctors orders.

We do want to find out the sex but for some reason I thought my doctor said it is not really clear until 20 weeks? I think I have some additional blood work to do at my next visit as well.

The ceiling work is done BUT the guy did such a shoddy job we will have to hire someone to go over some of his work :( . He even took total advantage of us with the pricing because before he started he told us $700 then on Saturday we just happened to be talking to him about some other stuff we were considering having him work on and he said well if I add that in with the balance you have for me...We were like what balance he said oh he under estimated the work and would have to charge $500 more. DH agreed and told him to just finish what he's working on so we can have our kitchen back and then yesterday when we gave him the $500 extra he tried to say he needed an additional $300 (which we didn't give him) but come on who does business like that? We ended up spending $1200 on a job that he originally quoted at $700. Some people can be so dishonest but one thing for sure we will never get him to do anything for us again.

Myshel, that was an old flare up to demonstrate what it used to do. Not had one since taking prednisolone.
I bet the infant shoot was fun, though hard work. You'll be able to get the best pictures of your little one when he's here!

Yes, 2have, the pills do taste absolutely vile. I have to fill my mouth with water first, then drop pills in and swallow, being really careful not to let them touch the side of my mouth of my tongue!!! I'm not planning on staying on them after this 12 week cycle, but I have seen some other options that I'm going to talk to an immunologist about. It might be that, if I can control my skin and thereby my immune response, I could conceive naturally next time (DH's antibodies are not 100%).
1% cortisone ointment can be effective, but it stops working after a while and I don't like the way it heals the eczema with one day of cracking, peeling skin that comes off and it's clear underneath. Doesn't feel healthy at all!

Praying, your builder sounds like a cowboy. Shoddy work and over estimate? That's not on.

Froggy, the fainting doesn't sound like fun, poor you.

Froggy, what a lovely picture of your little boy, it's amazing what they can do nowadays.

Ellie, that looks pretty sore, I hope your immunologist can help to keep it at bay, it does sound like something is making it flare up. Oh those steroid are awful, I took them with one of my cycles and couldn't wait to get off them.

Praying, I am sorry to hear your builder was such an ass. It's people like him that give other tradesmen a bad name. I would name and shame him somewhere so it doesn't happen to someone else. We are trying to find a gardener at the moment and it's so hard deciding who to trust, unfortunately we don't have any recommendations and have to hope we chose right.

Fern, I hope all the extra fencing and wire keeps the trouble away, sounds like you have really stepped up the security. Having that little baby to now think about you'll do whatever you can to keep your family safe.

Myshel, enjoy your relaxing day.

Rebecca, have a fab weekend away and enjoy the wedding. I am sure DH and DD are enjoying QT together.

2have, a 7 seater is like a minibus ha ha. But I am sure you are loving it. Hope the blood pressure stays stable, sounds like you have things under control.

I know I have missed some people, sorry, I can't go back any further than I have. I hope everyone is doing well and babies are all coming along nicely. I am finding this week 12-20 a little boring because nothing is happening, I am use to appointments, scan, blood tests etc it seems so weird not to have anything. Plus baby is so small I can see or feel it yet, I am 15 weeks now so fingers crossed in a few more weeks things will get exciting.

We went to the wedding yesterday which was nice but a very long day, I feel exhausted today. Although no time for rest because I've had to get the house ready as I have sister, sister in law, nieces and nephews coming to stay for a couple of days (I must be mad). I will catch up again in a few days xx

2have, i would just be careful. Of course moderate exercise is good, but don't overdo it because getting dizzy and passing out will cause a fall that could potentially hurt you seriously or hurt the baby. I have hit my head pretty hard passing out from low blood pressure. I now know the symptoms and if I start feeling it coming on I immediately get on the ground and put my feet up on the wall to make the blood return to my heart per many doctors orders.

I agree, I can sense that feeling well before I ever black out. I can feel the shallow rapid heartrate and by the time my vision starts getting starry I'm on the ground breathing deeply. I've only had to put my head down at work after lunch, eating seems to bring it on the worst for me. I've been in the gym a handful of times since the 13 week mark and felt awesome. I don't do huge intense workouts or weights, just slow and easy going, enough to sweat and get the circulation going.:thumbup:

Plus baby is so small I can see or feel it yet, I am 15 weeks now so fingers crossed in a few more weeks things will get exciting.

Enjoy hosting Pinkie. You'll be able to feel your baby guaranteed between week 19-21. It'll feel like gas is wriggling down but it's actually baby. I've felt something when I've been ultra still in the wee hours in the morning. But very far and few between. The excitement picks up with kicks, hiccups and when finally DH can feel the bump move. I have some video of DD kicking towards the final weeks of my pregnancy last time. I always thought it looked weird and alien-like when it was other people's pregnancies but it's the coolest thing when it's your own!:happydance:

Hi all. Hope everyone is doing well. I'm struggling with my Monday. I was very tired yesterday and it has continued into today. I also have had a headache all afternoon, but I think it is starting to get better.

I'm looking forward to Friday. DH and I are taking off the day for our 10 year anniversary.

Pinkie you have too much energy lol! Hope you have a nice time. :)

2have and froggy the fainting/feeling like a blackout sounds super scary! Is it worse now in your pregnancies?

Praying - oh my gosh that sucks big time! That's such a rip off!! Well at least you didn't get him to do any other rooms before you knew what a jerk he was.

Sorry about the fatigue rq. I feel exactly like that today. TIRED. This trimester is worse (fatigue wise) than the first so far!?

Thanks ladies yes I am glad we didn't get him to do any other work. I guess you live and learn:)

How much weight has everyone put on so far? In my first trimester (although my breasts look and feel like watermelons) I only put on 3.5lbs. I am interested to see how much I've gained over the past 4 weeks when I weigh in on Monday, I haven't been eating alot but I what I have been eating has not been the healthiest. I can still wear 2 of my regular work pants and a few blouses (not the ones that have buttons, my watermelons have those bursting open) but I do have a few maternity pieces as well which I may start wearing soon.

Praying I have gained 8 lbs total. I feel like it's horrible, but dh assures me I'm fine. He said "your almost halfway done right?" I said yes, and he said so if you gain another 9 or 10 lbs your still under the recommended. So I guess he is right.

aww how sweet of your hubby Froggy. I think that weight gain is normal. I think mine was so low because i've been nauseous and wasn't eating alot but the nausea has gotten less frequent the past few days so I'm sure that will all change.

He really is super sweet :) he is a big tough guy, and only I get to see his sweet side and I love it!

Fern - I completely agree. I started feeling tired at the end of my first trimester and it has continued into the second. My DH has even remarked that I'm getting all my symptoms the second tri. My boobs have been way more tender the last few weeks then they were in the first tri. Weird!

Last night I had a really upset tummy when I went to bed. I didn't pee much overnight and I woke up at 4:30am with cramping. My whole belly was hard (just not the lower portion, which is normal). Since I have been awake this morning I'm feeling fine. My headache has finally gone away and tummy is fine with no cramping. It was kinda scary.

I have gained close to 15lbs so far :( but honestly I'm not sure how much was from several cycles of fertility treatments. I just know I have gained that much since earlier this year. However, my weight gain has slowed and I haven't actually gained any in the last 3 weeks.

Rq120 I'm sure the fertility treatments has a lot to do with plus plus wouldn't the expected weight gain be a bit different with twins vs a singleton?

Rq, all of those hormones Def are playing a part in how we gain.

Fern sorry I didn't respond, just read your post, but I haven't actually fainted in a very long time. I know the warning signs and am able to keep it under control. It all started when I was around 13. I had a seizure and ended up in the hospital and they did test after test on me. They did a test called a tilt table test, and it's where you lay on the table and it tilts to make you blood rush to your head and they monitor your vitals and basically watch to see if your blood pressure drops and you faint. Well mine dropped and I fainted so they diagnosed my episodes as syncope. I had another seizure 3 years later and have fainted a few times in between and after the second seizure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->