*Assisted conception ladies due Jan/Feb/March 2017*

I have gained about three pounds but I am overweight to begin with, thanks depression and hormones! My goal is minimal weight gain, But in honesty I don't care how much I gain as long as I am getting nutrients that I need. Hubs doesn't care either, he is excited about getting a round belly to cuddle with.

16 weeks today! Yay, time is flying by and being crazy slow at the same time. Anyone else feel this way?

11 pounds :(
The weight gain seems to have slowed down a bit, that was all in the first tri. My bmi was on the low end of normal when I got my bfp due to a strict diet and HIIT so dh says I have more weight to gain but I think he's just being nice lol. My weight gain at the beginning was probably due to constant insane hunger... which I still have so who knows where I will end up!

Wow froggy that must have been terrifying as a teen. Hope you never have a seisure again!

Spring is definitely here and it's super lovely. My favourite season. Things between dh and I have been better since starting love languages and love dare. I feel safer with the jail around our property. So for now the wheel has turned and I'm very happy! Thank heavens life ALWAYS has a bright side after the storms.

Myshelsong - yes, I feel that way about time also. I want it to be next year already, but I'm also trying to enjoy being pregnant. I'm also trying to enjoy life with just DH and I. Getting all the sleep I can and going out on date nights. I'm afraid it will be here before we know it and I'll be scrambling.

6 pounds and I'm only 9 weeks! I blame the prednisolone, as I am hungry all the time! I gained most of it during the week we were on holiday, so it's definitely not baby. I'd already gained about 15 pounds since my cp last year (comfort eating, Clomid, depression).

It's all ok though girls. Whatever we gain, it's all good!

Fern yes thank goodness that sun is back shining on you now! I hate rough periods, they're so unnecessary!

I have terrible head hunger, I want to eat carby food and I try, I had pizza, cauliflower soup that mom made, breakfast sandwich, I have to run and brush my teeth it tastes so bad. I really need that 5 month diabetes check. I asked the doc last time and she said she won't test me for another couple of months. I told her I definitely have GD but she didn't seem to flinch. I can't see how I'm going to gain much in the next tri with these horrible food aversions. I was dying for ice cream after last pregnancy I made DH go out and buy 3 different flavours. So the 9 lb gain so far will probably stay the same for a while.

This first tri has flown by fast but I think being at work now the next tri will plod on slowly and painfully:haha:
I always gained weight with ivf from depression and hormones, how can you not? Those hormones we have to take tell our bodies to plump up in prep for babies. And then if/when it fails dumps us off into complete abyss. It's a terrible process really. You either get the gift of a lifetime with a baby or nothing but debt and feeling horrible with the hormonal roller coaster. IF is not fair.

Thanks 2have, how are you and your hubby doing?
How is everyone else doing on the husband front; myshel is yours feeling better?

I agree it feels like time is flying and crawling at the same time. I wanted to slow time down but since getting the low PAPP-A diagnosis I've been nervous and really just want it to be January already so I can have a living baby. There is still so much that can go wrong with baby's growth etc, hope it all keeps going ok but still it's a bit nerve wracking!

Speaking of which how are you beemeck? Any updates?

Hubs is feeling better, but now my parents have a flu or something so I am avoiding them. Not going to get sick over here!
I am feeling good, hungry and lazy all at once. Not really fancying sugary foods, but protein and cheese is what my body wants all day long! Barely want any veggies, but I know I have to eat them. Slowly editing pictures today and doing some advertising for work online. So now just watching some tv until dinner lol. I can't wait!!! This little dude is always hungry.

Fern, he came with DD and took me to lunch yesterday too. We're always good until he screws me over again. Until he says he'll be home at 10pm and shows up at midnight, until he books a flight to visit his a-hole brother in Vancounver and gives me a day's notice. Otherwise we operate on a completely great level day to day. And it could be months between his jerky moments with lots of lovely time inbetween. That's why counselling is necessary. He truly doesn't believe these things are anything serious. For me, it's almost divorce time as it feels like a complete betrayal. It's like he's schizophrenic for a few hours out of every 6 months. Really irritating because I have no trust for him.

Myshelsong, and protein is great for your little dude, so it's awesome that you crave it. Is it just me or does anyone else think that the Olive Garden's salads are the best? I brought one home each for DH and I last night and if he hasn't eaten his by tonight...I make no guarantees that I can keep my hands off it!

2have I love the Olive Gardens salads as well. I think it must be the dressing yum yum I can eat one now :)

The dressing is awesome for sure! I ran out last night and put lemon on the last bit, wasn't quite the same. Next time I'll order the jumbo salad instead of 2 single orders, nearly the same price but double the salad=double the pleasure for double the babies:haha:.

Fern and 2have, I'm glad that things are going better with your dh's. And I LOVE olive garden salad!!!

Myshel, stay away from the sickness! ! I really hope you are able to steer clear!

We got our car seat in today! I got an extra base for dh's truck too so that we aren't trying to switch back and forth.

Hi ladies, I just read through all the posts since Sunday. I'm too tired to comment since I just got home from my trip to New Jersey. My flight was delayed a bit too. I have work at 8am so I'm gonna hopefully get to sleep.

So far no baby bump yet. I keep expecting to see it but hasn't appeared yet. Oh, and I gained 5 pounds so far.

No olive garden here! Looking forward to lots of summer smoothies and salads.

2have - glad it's going better for now but hope that the counselling helps with the random major problems. X

Rebecca do you have strong core muscles? :)

2 weeks exactly until my next scan. 13,5 weeks until I'm basically done for the year! Counting the hours!!

Fern no I do not have strong core muscles although I wish I did.
What's happens in 13.5 weeks? How long is your break?
I have a scan tomorrow to check on that membrane tear I had last week. Hopefully it has heeled. I don't have any more spotting since last week so that's a good sign.

Rebecca- oh I hope it's all healed up! Enjoy your scan :). In about 13,5 weeks, all of my students will have finished their year end exams (our school year is Jan-Dec). That means my teaching for the year will be done. Some of the seniors are starting to talk about doing a few classes in Dec before my baby comes, (so that they don't fall behind when I can't teach for a month or so due to baby), but we'll see. The summer break is normally from the beginning of Dec until the first week of Jan but mine starts a bit earlier because I don't need to grade any papers, yay!

Good luck Rebecca! I hope it is all healed up Hun, I know it is scary. Fingers crossed for you.

Fern, yay another scan! Keep relaxed for the next two weeks I am sure it is fine.

Had a kids photography session today, it was only half an hour but lots of fun and the kids were super easy. I am still editing the newborn session, but I was so exhausted today in the afternoon. It was crazy, just so exhausted and couldn't concentrate at all. Hoping to have them done by Saturday for their baby party but don't know if I will be able too.

I am trying to decide since we got the NIPT test, shOuld I do the secon test for the IPS test. It will happen about a week or two before the anatomy exam, so I am wondering if I should even bother... Any thoughts?

Myshelsong, I didn't do any extra testing since we wouldn't terminate the pregnancy if we got bad results. I feel like ignorance is bliss :)

Have you done newborn twins photo shoots? I keep looking for nice ideas to do for our newborn shoot. I've seen some really great work with twins.

Myshelsong, I feel quite the opposite from Rebecca - it's a very personal decision. If the testing is free, whether you'd terminate or not, it's your duty as a parent to be prepared for a baby's health condition - they rely on you. But I'm quite opinionated in this as I've seen someone who chose the 'ignorance is bliss' route and had a steep learning curve, they weren't prepared to take care if their special needs baby. It's not fair to baby. I feel strongly that when we sign up to be parents, we accept all duties that come with the responsibility for caring for baby. Not knowing about major health concerns may put your mind at ease for a few months but in the long run it's potentially harmful to baby and you for not being prepared for that condition. In my mind it's like not vaccinating and then having to deal with say, bacterial meningitis. There was a preventative measure to be taken, and now, because baby wasn't cared for early on, a potential catastrophe has to be dealt with. When we sign up for kids, we sign up to do everything possible under the sun to care for them, ignorance is bliss doesn't fit with that paradigm in my mind.

Yay for more scans Fern. I still have to schedule my 18 week scan so it should be 4 weeks from now. It seems ages away!

Hi everyone, half the week is done thankfully. I'm excited, I have a massage booked tomorrow :dance::happydance:

I feel the same way, 2have. Whatever I decide to do based on the Harmony result, I need to be forewarned. I'd want to know that I had the best paediatricians ready and that my house was properly kitted out and, most importantly, I'd want to read up on the condition and be emotionally ready. There is no way I could feel ready to take on a child with special needs if I didn't have plenty of time to prepare.

Myshel I think that's a highly personal issue, as I see reading the different opinions on here. I would personally not do it if it costs extra, just because your other tests came back fine and it's just a week before the anatomy scan so it seems superfluous. However, if it will set your mind at ease then def go for it! :)

I have the morning off (working late tonight) and going to buy some spring flowers for the flower beds & veg seed and seedlings for my veg garden later. Gardening is one of my most favourite things to do and the gardener is here today to help with the heavy lifting and digging. Very stoked lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->