*Assisted conception ladies due Jan/Feb/March 2017*

The canadian? Lol I have never heard of that. It was weird being exposed but she really did put me at ease. And honestly i feel like so many people have seen my vagina in the last few years trying to get pregnant that it wasnt too terribly awkward. I went to the best place around. They had all five stars for 20 reviews. I think next time I might get something a little special for dh, like a strip or something!

Ha, go for it! My place is called Frilly Lilly, very posh inside - could only afford/justify to do it for delivery. The Canadian was barely a strip! You'd think they'd leave a wee bit more on condidering the name snd how cold it is here!:haha:

My place is called Diva. It's really not too bad at this place. Most of them charged around 50 dollars and didn't have good reviews, but she only charges 35, but had a special today for first time customers for 25. I can definitely do 35 a month. I even told dh that when I get bigger and have a hard time shaving my legs I might get those waxed too#

Hahaha I laughed so much at "you think they'd leave more on considering how cold it is here" !!!

I've been getting regular bikini waxes for 18 years (on and off). Then in 2011 I switched to doing Hollywood style.... everything off. Everything! And after a few times I started doing it myself; found it quite easy and it saves a lot of money. But now that I can't reach everywhere I guess I'll have to go back to the salon!

Froggy- a wire spool table? Sounds so interesting please send a pic?

2have - lol yeah I love restoring instead of buying new; too much money spent on ivf already :). I'll be getting most of my baby stuff from family members too!

I'm sooo stiff from gardening lol. Baby is moving a lot today :).

Hi ladies I just wanted to pop in and say hello I'm still here...honest! We have last minute gone on a family holiday to Alicante, hubbies parents have a villa out here so we are staying for 3 weeks and running the business from out here too - challenging with a 3.5yr old lol!!

I'm reading and enjoying keeping up with you all but am so rushed off my geeky I do t have time to write a proper reply...really sorry!

Thinking of you all!!

Nimbec enjoy your vacation!
Fern, I've been waxing myself since I was a teenager. Shaving always gave me ingrown hairs and I was a swim instructor/lifeguard so needed to always be neat & tidy down there. I've always found it really easy, I use a cold wax and do the face hairs too. Legs & pits get shaved.
DH cleaned out my trunk!:happydance: so now just need to get the kayak & bike carrier roof rack prices together and get that car on the market. SUV here we come!

Had chinese food last night and my tummy was SO happy! The hot n sour soup I always thought was carby but it didn't make me feel the slightest bit ill. Mind you I wouldn't dare have rice but it's so nice to find foods that don't make me cling to the toilet!

How's everyone's weekend going so far?

We went on a date! We went and saw badmoms at the movies, it was hilarious! I think I laughed through the whole thing! And then because of 2haves mention of olive garden, we went and had an early dinner. Was really fun!

I have had a fun eventful weekend!

DH and I celebrated our anniversary and it was nice to spend some quality time together. Then Friday we took the day off together and he went shopping with me. I found my dress pants that I needed for work. Then on the way home we stopped at a liquidators store and found a STEAL on car seats. They hardly ever get infant carrier type car seats in but yesterday they had 2! They were different styles but the same brand. The bases were interchangable so they worked for us. We also bought two 3-in-1 convertible car seats. They go from 4lbs to 100lbs so we should be all set. We asked the owner what kind of deal she would make for us and she sold them to us for $65 a piece!!! So we got the car seat situation taken care of for twins for a total cost of $260.

Today I went bridal dress shopping with my best friend for her wedding in April. She found an absolute gorgeous gown and it was so much fun.

Today I graduated to maternity clothes. I was tired of just looking fat and decided to show off my bump. Also, I'm almost certain I could feel the babies move/kick today. It felt like a tiny muscle twitch. I felt one and then another a few hours later.

Hope all you ladies are doing well.

Rq it's so great to feel the kicking. So far I haven't felt anything. Over the weekend I told my husbands two brothers and their wives. I always eat a lot over the weekend and then I look big so I'm wondering if I'll flatten out again by tomorrow or if my belly is here to stay. It feel super hard.

Froggy it sounds like a perfect date night, DH and I haven't been out together alone since our trip to Phoenix (the week I got my BFP!)
DHs birthday is in a week (he shares a birthday with DD) so we'll go out for his birthday.

RQ happy anniversary, sounds like a great weekend so far!

Froggy I want to see that movie so bad! Right now I am craving east side Marios salad.. Like hard core. Glad you got your fix of Olive Garden, they don't have it in Ontario anymore.

2 have- hot and sour soup is my all time favourite soup. Can't get enough of it!

So went and photographed a wedding outdoors yesterday and almost died from the heat! It was 40 with humidity (104 Fahrenheit) and it was outdoors most of the day in the blazing sun. Then inside the old manor the air stopped working so we were all sweating and dying during dinner. The party ended up getting moved to the lawn around 7 when it cooled down enough, but by then some people were just too hot they had to leave. I felt so bad, but you can't pick the weather in August.
I did drink lots of water, tried to stay in the shade, took a break in my car with the air and went to the bathroom lots to wet myself done and whatnot, but when it's hot it is hot.
Feeling good today, so I didn't get heat stroke which is nice.

Ah waxing.... I am a change up kind of girl. I feel too self conscious to go somewhere to do it, so I do it at home a few times a year. Just the bottom half. In between I am a groomer. I have a small trimmer and take care of it that way. Hubs says he likes the shake up every once and awhile and since he doesn't care, and honestly I couldn't be bothered doing it every 4 weeks for the rest of my marriage, I just don't lol.

Hi - I'm an old ltttc thread friend of nimbec & fern81 (& an occasional secret stalker!!). I just had to pop on to say a huge CONGRATULATIONS to nimbec!!! So pleased to see your fantastic news!!!

& hi to you too Fern! Hope you are feeling well and enjoying the journey. So lovely to be feeling those kicks. I've been thinking of you loads!

Hope you both (& everyone else here) have a very h&h few more months.

Myshelsong that sounds rough! Glad you managed to keep cool and survived the job.
Rebecca sounds like a lovely family evening, I'm sure they were all very excited for you!
Hi everyone, I hopeyou all had a great weekend.

We had to paint the basement suite of our rental property and while it was nice and cool in there, I was stiff afterwards and got overly hungry both days. Had vegetarian soup @ mom's house afterwards on Satirday -yum, went down well but Sunday got a grilled chicken burger @ MacD's and nearly barfed. Started blubbering in the middle of dinner. Would just like to not be so restricted with what food I can eat. In the back of my head I was thinking well I prob deserved that for going to MacD's!

Hi k4th, thanks so much for your continued support & well wishes!! <3

Myshel- we were at a wedding like that in Feb, during the el nino heat wave & no air con. Horrible. I sweated off ALL my fake tan, it ran down my legs in rivers! I can't even imagine how you must have felt being preggies! Wow glad you're ok.

Rq- sounds like you had a lovely anniversary weekend. Such luck with the car seats!!

Froggy- oohh glad to hear a good review, I want to watch it too! :)

2have - hun at least it hopefully means you won't pile on unnecessary pounds? But shame we all want a bit of junk food every now and then! X

What a weekend! Dh and I had another HUGE falling out.... *deleted details*
I got so upset I started getting painful, frequent contractions (crampy pain and then rock hard uterus!) which lasted all through yesterday, (but no bleeding). It seems like they were frequent Braxton hicks brought on by stress. He did apologize but spoiled it by saying it was all my own fault in any case.... so the apology means nothing. I'm still physically sick today from the fight and crying for hours & hours; migraine today and very nauseous but at least the contractions have stopped. I'm staying out of the psychopath's way again for a while. :(

Omg Fern what an a$$. I'm sorry you had to go through that. If he wanted a hot meal why couldn't he have take-out? Not your fault!

Ironically, I did offer to pay for McDonald's :(. I deleted the details because I'm ashamed of his behaviour and should learn to keep it to myself.

Anyway....!! So sad it's the Olympic closing ceremony already! Will be cheering on the Paralympic team. 9 sleeps till I find out my baby's gender. Hope everyone has a nice week and that the weather starts cooling down for all you Northern Hemi girls. X

The heat broke!!! Wahoo. I think I might get to my garden today. Woop woop!
It might be hard, I have so many photos to go through and a Wedding tree order to start so hoping I get out for at least an hour later.

Sorry Fern, I missed the details (I hate to say I'm curious, but it is my nature), but I hope you are feeling better today and baby is good. You fully need to de-stress. I don't know how else but pick up a good book and maybe take a full break from him for a little while. Just say you need some you time. Take care of yourself and have a long warm(semi warm) bath. Wish things were better for you.

2 have I hate being hungry. I would have and have cried at dinner when nothing tasted right or I made something that didn't sit well. Sorry you are having so many ad versions.
I am so blessed to live in the country I live and have enough income not to worry about food. Because I need it.

Hi ladies, how is everyone? I am sorry for being absent for the past week, I didn't realise how hectic it was going to be. We had family come and stay, although it was manic and tiring it was so much fun, it was exactly what I needed but it also meant I didn't have 5 mins to myself, this is the first time I have sat down.

I have a lot of pages to catch up on so definitely going to miss people. I hope everyone is getting on well and babies are good.

2have, I feel your pain with eating, I still don't like anything and the thought of food makes me gage, I wish I could skip eating all together. I hope it gets better for you.

Myshel, sorry the heat has been unbearable but happy you made it through the day without any problems. Sounds like you are busy with your photography at the moment which is great news.

Fern, sorry to hear you are fighting with DH again, he really needs to sort out his priorities. Stress is not good for you or the baby and I think from now on whenever something starts you need to walk away, you will never forgive yourself if something was happen to either of you. You look after yourself and your LO.

I was 16 weeks yesterday and still no real changes, I couldn't wait until my 20 weeks scan so we booked a private scan today. I am glad we did because it was beautiful, the little thing was having its own party and we heard the heartbeat. We are planning on going away in a few weeks so that's helped ease my mind a bit. I have an anterior placenta so maybe a few more weeks yet before I feel any movements but now I know everything is good i feel a lot happier.

X

Fern I'm so sorry you are having such troubles with your DH again. Awful for your health to be under such stress. I hope you can sort it out.

Myshel- hooray for cooler weather and gardening. What kind of things do you garden? We have apples, blueberries, dill, tomatoes and cucumbers this year. The cucumbers did not turn out well.

Pinkie so glad that everything is good with your baby. Hearing the heartbeat is the best sound in the world.

Hi all. Happy Monday (I guess). I'm a little tired today and I just don't know why. I haven't slept very well the past few nights. I think I'm going to have to adjust my pillows and see if I can find a comfortable position.

I go to the OB later today. I'm assuming I will schedule my anatomy scan after the appt. Just trying to get through the day until then.

Today the cat is out of the bag!

Told a bunch of people that were pregnant. Of course the twin thing will stay a surprise. It feels great knowing that everyone knows! My belly is definitely growing :)

I spent some time in the ER last night for cramping. Had cramping all day and at 8pm phoned the doctor and was sent to the hospital. The wait at the ER was over 3 hours and an hour in I was feeling better so I called the doctor again to see if I could just go home. She said I could but I should come to the office today for a pelvic exam.

Thankfully I'm feeling totally fine today.

Update: the on call doctor from yesterday called me this morning to see how I was feeling. Since I'm feeling better she said I do not need to come in today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->