*Assisted conception ladies due Jan/Feb/March 2017*

I know it's a really early scan but once your hcg is at a certain level they can see a sac. Or in my case maybe 2??!

Yep I have :) and it's right in the middle. I expect (hope!) it's a singleton; we only transferred 1 embie. Yep I will also be doing those two, with biochem analysis at 10weeks (blood draw, don't know what they will be testing for yet).

Boy yes you were fortunate and blessed with your first miracle!

Remember to send me your edd (only if you want ) so I can add it to our first page xx

Ok, my edd if a singleton is Feb 16 and if twins is Jan 26. Thanks gor adding me!

What if one of us has triplets ladies? PussyCat used to be on a thread that some if us ivf-ers are on and one of her 2 blasts split. In the end, one absorbed but for a month there she thought she was having identical & non-identical twins:haha: what a handful that would be!!!

Welcome 2have!

Fern my betas were 15dp5dt-182 20dp5dt-2017.

Hi everyone and welcome 2have4kids and boopin4baby.

Just getting back from my first scan and although my betas were through the roof I have a singleton on board :). We were able to see the yolk sac and they expect if I were to come back in a week there'd be a heartbeat but doctor recommended we just wait a full 2 weeks (although he knows we are anxious lol). I'll be 7.5 weeks by then so should be a more interesting scan to see. So high betas do not necessarily translate to multiples ladies. I can't wait to find out how many beans you other high beta ladies have on board.

Praying- are you relieved or disappointed?
It's nice when you see that there's something there, makes it feel real!

Praying- are you relieved or disappointed?
It's nice when you see that there's something there, makes it feel real!

Ummm that is a really good question. I am a bit relieved because I know with multiples there is increased risk, likely I'd have to go on bed rest but after ttc for so long I was up to the challenge of multiples. It was good to see something in there, it makes it more real although I am still cautious and praying every second.

Congrats on the good scan praying! I'm sure with high betas, there is no question you will hear that hearbeat. It is the most amazing sound after everything we have been through!

Congrats on your one lil baby praying! May he/she continue to grow perfectly and have a perfect heartbeat when you go for your next scan. Xx

Thank you everyone froggy-I expect I'll be crying just like you when I see the heartbeat lol. Praying this 2 weeks flies by.

2have- I actually hope someone on here has triplets lol!!

Triplets Fern81 maybe it will be you :):):):) oh wait how many did you transfer?

Lol noooooo we only transferred one! :) hoping for a singleton :) that's why I need to live vicariously through the multiple pregnancies of others ;)

Don't wish multiples on me, lol. I only want one but I'll take what God gives me.

Hmmm, I looked at those beta calculators and the second one (the one with the scatter graph) seemed to calculate my IVF wrong. I put in days post transfer and I selected 5 day blast and it showed a very high chance for multiples. But as I looked at the graph closer, I noticed at the top it was calculating days post transfer as days post ovulation. For example, my HCG 11 days post 5 day transfer was showing as "11dpo". So I re-did the numbers actually using dpo and they came out as average chance of having multiples.

Ok out of curiosity I did the beta hcg calculator and per my betas I had a very high chance of multiples. There seems to be no hard set rule when it comes to betas and singletons vs multiples. I read where people had really low betas and ended up with multiples. GL ladies, I'm waiting to hear your count!!

Our US is next Thursday and I can't wait just so I can see how many are in there. I'm praying for one, but hubby says two is good (be he isn't carrying them either! lol). I told him that if we have two he will have to be a stay at home dad!

We will send the multiples vibe to Rebecca who really wants twins! :)

Lol way to pass the twins ball Rq120. Rebecca you've been chosen to be the one with twins in our group :)

Hmmm, I looked at those beta calculators and the second one (the one with the scatter graph) seemed to calculate my IVF wrong. I put in days post transfer and I selected 5 day blast and it showed a very high chance for multiples. But as I looked at the graph closer, I noticed at the top it was calculating days post transfer as days post ovulation. For example, my HCG 11 days post 5 day transfer was showing as "11dpo". So I re-did the numbers actually using dpo and they came out as average chance of having multiples.

The second one I thought was actually more accurate than the first as it accounts for the 3 or 5 day transfer and then asks you how many days post transfer your betas were taken. The first one for me isn't accurate, my betas were taken on day 12 & 14 after O = 5 day embie + 7 and 9 days after transfer beta. It calculated 14 & 16 days for me which puts the line lower than it should on the graph.

High HCG scores don't necessarily mean multiples but when they're done very early on they are a strong indicator that it has happened. There's a beta database that shows how different betas are from mutliples and singletons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->