*Assisted conception ladies due Jan/Feb/March 2017*

Pinkie- we just couldn't agree on a boy's name. Dh hated all my suggestions. He started playing around with name scramblers (websites where you type in your & your partner's names or whichever names are important to you, then the website scrambles the letters & comes up with a combo name). At first I thought it was silly but in the end that's how we came up with our son's name. It consists of 3 letters from mine and 1 letter from my husband's name lol. And it means "God has shown grace" which we love. Some sites are a waste of time as they just scramble the letters & come up with nonsense. But some actually match the scrambled letters to legit names and those are then posted. This following website does a nice job:

https://www.babynamescramble.com/names/babynames.cgi

Pinkie, you will figure it out. Dh came up with Gage, and I instantly fell in love with it. We have had gage chosen since we started ttc. We have tweaked the middle name a few times but finally settled on Matthew. I believe that when you hear or see it, you will know that's your lo's name.

We can't figure out a boys name for the life of us! It is so hard, I never new how hard a name would be.

Beautiful bump btw, I must have missed the photo when I refreshed last time. You look so good.

It is raining here today but I am ok with it because we are finally getting rid of the humidity wave that came up last week. The Hamilton area broke a heat record last week. Ugh.

Drinking my water we have our anatomy scan in 40 minutes ... Trying not to freak out. Wish me luck.

Myshelsong - good luck on you scan. I'm excited for you.

We are having a garage sale this weekend to clear out the junk before babies come and we move. We had it open yesterday and made a few hundred dollars but still have plenty to sell today. We have 10 plus years of accumulated junk.

Myselsong all the best with your anatomy scan!

RQ I know what you mean with the accumulation. I've already really cleared out so much stuff but we have 3 desks that we'd like to keep for the kids but they're stuck in 1 bedroom. We have to find somewhere else to put them so that we can make that room into DD's bedroom and let the babies have the nursery.

Pinkie we decided on 2 boys names but the girls names are proving to be more difficult. Ethan and Callum for 2 boys. I love Catriona (with Cat as a nickname) or Cadence for some girl name choices but my mom hates Catriona and DH hates Cadence. So I'm letting him do some hunting now, I came up with the boys names!

I love Callum. We are talking about that name as well, will see if it lands or not.

We have moved twice in the last ten years, last one two years ago between provinces, so we are so lucky to have already done the purge. Hope you make some good money on the rest of your sale!

Scan went good I think. Little man has a good heartbeat at 138bpm. He is measuring a little smaller, not a full a week so I am trying not to panic. (I got the report to view and looked everything up) his weight is 9oz, which is a little bit light but I know it isn't 100% accurate. My hubs kept joking he was going to have a large head like him, and I am glad to say NORMAL head circumference Hahahaha.

We are telling parents this weekend about the gender. I am so excited, we both started tearing up on the way home. Such a miracle. I am so excited to be here with you ladies, I feel like no one I know understands the complete joy and wonder we are experiencing because no one in my family had to go forward with IVF.

Myshel so glad the scan went well. I wouldn't be too worried about him being a week behind, I think that's normal.

Our boys name is Joseph (Joe for short) Joe was my grandpa who I loved very much and passed suddenly 1.5 years ago. He was 76 and passed away in his sleep.
My girls name is Alisa. DHs great grandmother was Ilsa so this is a spinoff of that. She was 100 when she passed away and she was a really special woman. Super talented and artistic and so warm and friendly. I liked her a lot.

Rebecca, we have chosen family names too:

Boy: my husband's name followed by his dad's name then a family name from my side (will be known as second name). His dad died just before our wedding.

Girl: my mum's name followed my grandma's middle name then my husband's stepmum's middle name (again, known by second name). DH's stepmum doesn't have any of her own children and has been very ill, so this is really special, as it will be her only grandchild.

Not using the first name as their given name is a family tradition and gives them a bit of choice later on, so I really like it.

Myshelsong - glad you had a good scan. Mine is Tuesday, can't wait to see them!

As for names, we will put that off until we know the genders.

I feel someone kicking around in there this am. I'm up early to work at the hospital and it seems like they are most active in the mornings for me.

Thank you for all the advice on choosing names, hopefully we'll find something we love soon. It would probably be helpful if I knew the gender but I really don't want to know. I have a few names on the list that I like but feel like it should be one I love, seeing as I have that feeling about the girls name, then again it was my nans name so has meaning. That's what I need to do, I need to find a boys name with a meaning.

Myshel, glad to hear everything went well with the scan. Enjoy sharing the gender with your family. I love those special moments.

RQ, sounds like your garage sales are a success. Certainly a way of making some extra cash. Unfortunately we are the other way around and need to buy. We brought our home 2 years ago and still need a lot of things.

I've had a really good week with my sickness and eating (although not feeling too great today) managed porridge with fruit and some tuna on my baked potatoes so I am getting there, let's hope it continues.

X

Myshelsong-Sounds like your scan went great. We have our next scan on Thursday which I am so anxious about.

I am the only one is is pretty far along and not sure they've felt the baby yet? I am 19 weeks today and I've felt some stuff but not sure if its muscle spasms, things inside stretching or the baby.

Praying, I haven't felt a thing yet. Do you know where your placenta is lying? Mine is at the front which means it could be a while before I feel anything. Even if yours is not at the front it is still quite early, I wouldn't worry. X

Praying and pinkie, same with me. Both placentas are anterior which means they cushion the kicking and you can't feel it till later on.
With my DD I felt butterflies and 17 weeks. This time I feel something going on in there but it's really hard to identify

I think the only reason I feel him so much so often is because the placenta is sitting so low.

Congrats on a great scan myshel!

Pinkie- happy to hear that you are coping with your meals a bit better. It must be such a relief. Half way done hun :)

I don't feel my son that often; daily but definitely only a few times a day. And like froggy my placenta is tucked out of the way so I'm sure that's why I started feeling him earlier. He is kicking my bladder so it's started to get overstimulated & feels like I have an uti urgh. My diet has also been horrendous the past 2 weeks with parties & party leftovers in the house so I'm sure the excess sugar and junk has been irritating my intestines & bladder. Back to better eating!

I feel my babies a few times per week. I usually feel them most in the mornings when I'm sitting at my work desk. I can feel them everyday for a day or two and then nothing for several days. I think it depends on where they are hanging out.

I have my anatomy scan tomorrow. DH and I are really looking forward to it. Today is hard to get through at work. Not because I am waiting for tomorrow but because I have no motivation or energy today.

Last night I had a scare. I was taking a nap on the couch and I woke up choking and coughing. I must have refluxed and then aspirated in my sleep. I was coughing for a good while. I'm feeling ok (and breathing fine) today. I have an OB appt Thursday so I'll have them check me out to make sure there aren't any issues from it.

Fern, Gage loves to kick my bladder too, especially when it full. His kicks poke out of my belly and I love it!

Well I failed my 1 hour glucose test so tomorrow I have my 3 hour test. Not at all looking forward to having my blood drawn 4 times. I have bad veins and rend to get dizzy and feel faint when they have to dig for them. I had quite a few episodes during ivf where they couldn't find my vein

I am not sure where my placenta is but will ask the Dr when I go in on Thursday.

Froggy-I am so sorry you have more testing and sticking ahead of you

Praying, even if your placenta is not anterior, for your first pregnancy it can be as close to 25 Weeks before you feel anything. I think it depends on many things like how baby is lying, how active they are etc so I wouldn't worry but definitely mention it at your next appointment, even just for peace of mind.

RQ, I hope you are feeling better from the choking, sounds a bit scary.

Froggy, I am sorry the first test didn't go well. Good luck with the blood tests they are really not very nice things to have done.

Praying it was hard for me to feel DD with my first pregnancy. First, you don't really know what to think, it actually feels like gas. But depending on where the placenta sits it can delay things. By 21 weeks it was full on.

RQ sorry to hear about your scare, hope everything is alright.

Froggy crappy that you failed your first one. 2 hours before your bloodwork start drinking loads and loads of water. Then do some brisk walking or exercise a little before your test and when you check in, use the lavatory and run hot water over your hands, wrists and lower arms (the water is by far the most important step if you can't do any of the rest of them). During your blood test breath deeply and slowly and focus on something on the wall rather than what the tech is doing to keep your heart from beating fast & shallow from stress (constricting your blood vessels). Pump your hand closed and open even if they don't ask. It's a guaranteed method for quick and painless blood tests everytime - promise!

Fern it's nice to have a break from healthy food now and then. I'll be doing 2 birthday parties in the next month so I think I'll join you with the finger foods and yummy alternatives (for a while).

I had the pleasure of little lady shadow me at work today. She brought everyone out of their cubes and put lots of smiles on people's faces this morning <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->