*Assisted conception ladies due Jan/Feb/March 2017*

Oh I forgot to ask, does anyone else get numb or achy legs in the middle of the night? Every night for the past couple of weeks, I wake up during the night with my hips hurting and a dead leg, i have to move over to the other side to take the weight off and then the same thing happens on that side. I have to lay on my back to get some relief but I am trying to get out of the habit. It's a bit worrying because I only have a small bump and not put any weight on so how it is going to be in another 10 weeks time when I am a lump!!

2have, how funny, she looks a natural!

X

2have I can't have any water, that's why I'm so nervous about fainting. I'm not aloud anything to eat or drink after midnight, not even water. Your daughter is so cute!!

Pinkie, I don't have the numbness, but my hips do hurt, I'm tossing back and forth all night long cause I wake up with my hips hurting. It makes me want to lay on my back so bad, but that's a no no, so I will roll to my back for a minute and then back to my side

Praying - I haven't felt anything I don't think. I know he is pretty low in my pelvis still but except for lightning crotch I really haven't felt anything. Nor flutters, nothing. Not sure where my placenta is.

I am trying so hard to eat healthy but I don't feel like shopping so today I am almost out of veggies and fruit. Guess I will have to go tomorrow. Yesterday was cake day with my family reveal, so ate more sugar than I normally do. Which sucks, but trying to be better today.

Sorry froggy. I hope you don't have GD, but if you do it will be fine I am sure. My super healthy cousin had GD which was a huge suprise and she had a great pregnancy once she changed her diet.

2have she is super cute! That actually looks like my old desk with broker link when I was in Edmonton. Hahaha memories. Where do you work?

I haven't had dead leg, but my hip knocked out when I was getting my ultrasound done, so I was hobbling for a day until it went back to normal, which was painful!

We did a gender reveal yesterday. Parents are thrilled. We are so excited!

2have I can't have any water, that's why I'm so nervous about fainting. I'm not aloud anything to eat or drink after midnight, not even water. Your daughter is so cute!!

Pinkie, I don't have the numbness, but my hips do hurt, I'm tossing back and forth all night long cause I wake up with my hips hurting. It makes me want to lay on my back so bad, but that's a no no, so I will roll to my back for a minute and then back to my side

I've never ever heard of women not being allowed water. Please ask about this froggy, fasting for surgery may mean no water but a GD test you should def allowed water!

Pinkie I've never had a dead leg, just anxious legs which totally clears up with magnesium (a supplement) and potassium (coconut water).

myshelsong I work at City Hall downtown most days, telework Wednesdays at home. We're switching to Macs next year so my set up should be a little better after I get back from my next mat leave. I like my window view though, I can see the back garden where people do yoga and boot camp at noon. When I'm not there with them I'm either feeling inspired or incredibly lazy:haha:

I asked them thus morning on the phone 2have. She said nothing to eat or drink after midnight, I can only brush my teeth, and I said so no water at all and she said no.

Froggy, sounds like they are doing a fasting blood test I think this provides a more accurate result and easier to interpret. Good luck.

Oh my gosh froggy. Hope it's all over really fast. And I hope you pass. I agree it's really weird they're not letting you drink water? But you have to follow their instructions though, good luck hun. X

Myshel that's so exciting, what did you do for your gender reveal???

2have - awww she is just too cute for words lol!

Praying- my arms do that a lot. It means that the blood flow is impaired for some reason. I don't have very good circulation and try to walk & have done dry skin brushing (should start that again, the cellulite is TAKING OVER MY BODY!!) to help along my circulation. I agree it is super irritating. :(

Myshel gender reveals are so exciting, glad to hear yours went well. I was co-host to a gender reveal / baby shower yesterday. It was super emotional, loads of family & grandparents were there. The dad-to-be and 3 of his besties had a race put diapers on dolls blindfolded. It was hilarious.

Froggy yes I guess follow what they say and super hydrate the night before. Sorry to hear they restrict your water too. Hot water on the hands should still work well. gl with your second test!

2have that's a great picture, she looks adorable!

Rq good luck tomorrow!!! Can't wait to hear all about it.

Froggie, wow no water sounds rough. I hope you at least have a really early appointment. Do you get the results right away?

Afm- nothing to report. Feeling pretty good.

Ohh actually, what do you ladies think. When I walk I get cramps. I know cramping induces labor. I wonder if it's a problem to walk a half hour. I don't want to go into labor early from walking. I'll ask my doctor at my next appointment.

Rq- hope you have an amazing scan today and that you had a better night's sleep. Well, come to think of it you probably are still sleeping ;). Hope your dr can give you some sound advice about the choking (sounds awful). Maybe sleep propped up? Oh and will you confirm the genders today? :)

Rebecca it feels like my second trimester is one big painful Braxton hicks. After that day fighting with dh (when I got them every 5 minutes), I have started getting them many times a day. Anything can trigger it eg touching my tummy, bending or stretching, having a full bladder etc. My dr said it's normal.... but ok of course I don't know if your cramping is Braxton hicks too? Does your uterus go rock hard when it happens? And does the cramp/contraction only last for about 30 seconds at a time? I would be interested to hear. But yeah definitely ask your dr about it ASAP.

Froggy, sorry you have to have a second test and have to fast. I hope it goes well.

It sounds like a few of you have sore legs and hips. I guess I have that to look forward to...! I feel like such a newbie, stuck 6 weeks behind you all. I'm not even 14 weeks yet, so I feel like I should be reading 6 weeks back on this thread! I'm still getting exhausted episodes, but no sickness at all now, despite being off the prednisolone. Most of the time, I can forget I'm even pregnant, except for my bloated tummy! I can feel my uterus quite a way above my pubic bone, but it's covered by a layer of fat and bloat right now... Can't wait until I have a proper bump!

Thinking of you Froggy, hope you survived/are surviving! X

I survived! Just got home and about to have some lunch and have been chugging my water. Only one arm was cooperating so all four blood draws came from the same arm, but its over!

Fern- no they're not Braxton hicks just cramping. I think Braxton hicks would make me mad. I would run the the hospital thinking I was in labor.

Froggy glad you made it!

Rq- stalking waiting for your post!!

Froggy, well done on the blood test let's hope you get a good result, fingers crossed.

Myshel, glad to hear the gender reveal went well and everyone was over the moon.

Ellie, you are not too far behind and at least we can sympathise with all your symptoms and give you any tips. It's good that you are not feeling sick and things are going well.

RQ, good luck at your scan.

Rebecca I've had a little cramping when walking, its like a sharp stabbing pain low down but it doesn't worry me, I am sure there is a lot going on it there.

I slept with my pillow between my legs last night and it helped a little. I think I am going to invest in a pregnancy pillow and see if that helps with the aches. I was also suppose to be joining an Aquafit class tomorrow, hoping exercise will help but I can't get into my swimming costume. My bump and boobs are bigger than I think they are. I've ordered a maternity costume online so hopefully I can start next week. DH just made a boo boo... I asked him to pick me up some chips (I am having a fussy day and not had any for a week so don't feel too guilty) anyway he comes back and says "I have got you something special" there is me all excited when he presents 'battered chips' WTF!! I almost cried. I am a pregnant women who is struggling to eat and you must buy me what I ask, not something with extra sprinkles and dust but exactly want I tell you, I could not eat them. Bless him, he was trying to be thoughtful and it backfired. Toast for dinner tonight. X

Glad you survived froggy! Hope the test went well Hun.

Hey Ellie, you will catch up for sure! For me 14 weeks I was still freaking out I didn't have many symptoms so I bought a Doppler just to calm my nerves. (Best decision ever btw) I Only nausea had in the evenings, some hunger and being tired in the afternoon. So .... Now lol! Except nausea is now heartburn at bedtime.

20 weeks today! My count for baby is officially a count down now. I am so happy, I just hope I can keep up the momentum. I feel like I can't concentrate on anything! All I want to do I search baby stuff online and read threw my five pregnancy apps. Oh man it is crazy.

Pinkie- I bought a pregnancy pillow but I'm finding it hard to sleep with it so for now I haven't used it.
I know exactly what you mean about the chips!! My DH would have done the same thing! They try so hard.

Congrats on 20 weeks myshel! Huge milestone!!

Rq I'm anxiously awaiting your post!! Hope everything is ok!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->