*Assisted conception ladies due Jan/Feb/March 2017*

Hello ladies just back from my scan and we are team pink!! Our baby girl gave us a good view and doctor said he is 95% sure. Everything else was normal. Yey!! so excited to know the gender lol

Great news Praying. Congrats.

2Have - I hope you get the genders you want. Are you team green, I can't remember?

I love feeling the babies. My boy loves to be active in the morning. Also, my constipation has resolved for about a month and a half now and I am so happy!!!

We have some home projects coming up too, but thankfully they are minor. We are hiring someone to paint our downstairs ceiling after some water staining from a leak. Should take one day and DH will take care of everything. We are currently working on getting someone to fix an area of our roof. The hard part is waiting to see if the insurance will pay for any of it due to hail damage. We are trying to get everything in order to sell our house next spring. Fun stuff!!

Yay great news Praying! Congrats hun :) now for all the pink & frills!! Glad to hear everything else is OK too :)

Myshel that sounds like so much fun. The surprise on their faces must have been priceless.

What is WRONG with all of us doing renos?? Lol. The builder started the day off by being 1,5 hours late (I had to start teaching IMMEDIATELY after he arrived!). Then didn't move the furniture to the correct rooms. And they left without cleaning ANYTHING; including leaving the stairs to my bedroom full of cement. Wth??? I'm hating this SO MUCH. I'm never moving into a house that needs this much repairing, ever again. Clearly I'm off now to start cleaning cement and dust :(.

Fern that's awful! My bathroom tiler guy took out SO much tile, concrete, brick (yes this was apparently under the bathroom shower seat) and mesh in the wall (the old shower had really thick walls). He put up plastic sheets to protect our bedroom, turned on the fan and cleaned the floor at the end of the day. We were so impressed. He came as a referral from the baseboard guy who came at the referral from the hardwood guy. They were all Polish and really great. We got lucky, there are so many horror stories out there! I'm sorry you are dealing with this. Maybe you can lay down some laws for them in a note tomorrow if they decide to come late again? :grr: I'd be pissed too!

Praying congratulations on team pink! YEAY, girls are so much fun to dress up. At first I wanted a boy but now that I have a girl I was SO thankful. I would like one of each with the twins but I'd be happy with whatever we get. Yes RQ, we're team yellow all the way!

Well we're just planning DD's first birthday. There are so many great ideas out there. For the baby & birth group party we decided to do a small ball pit. DD absolutely loved it when we went to the baby shower. She sat in this tiny ball pit with 3 other kids that were her age and played for what seemed like hours. For a 1 year old that's pretty amazing. They bore quickly! I've found a small little house on kijiji used for $20 that I think we'll get instead of a blow up pit. The pits often deflate and the balls went everywhere lol. This might contain them better. And it's got a tube coming off it that might be fun for them to crawl through. Wish I was a kid again, we had nothing like this stuff! The best part about the little house is it's like a tent and folds up into nothing. I hate stuff that takes up space. I like my house to be clean and airy and that's tough to do with kids.

I didn't have a preference and would have been happy with either boy or girl but just knowing makes it all seem so much more real to me. DH was hoping for a boy but was also happy either way. OMG after all this time ttc I am nearly 5 months pregnant!! Who would've thought it!

I'm sorry about the unprofessional workers fern, that really sounds like a nightmare. I would definitely mention something.

Have fun planning the party 2have! It sounds like so much fun!

Praying, it really is going by so fast so far. I told dh yesterday that we only have 19 weeks left, and he was saying how fast it's going. I'm sure when I can't breathe or sleep it will start to slow down lol.

I'm really thankful to have pinterest. I have found so many yummy recipes that are GD friendly. I feel like I won't even miss out on sweets because there are healthy options that will satisfy a sweet tooth. I'm going to try my hand at some pumpkin waffles this weekend!!!

YUM! Pumpkin waffles sound amazing. We have a diabetic depot here where you can get all sorts of sugar free treats. Many products like the maple syrup have sucralose in them but I think if it's in a tiny amount I'm not so fussed about it. I use stevia if I need to sweeten things in baking or cooking or apple sauce.

Congrats praying on your little girlie!!

I'll always have a special place in my heart for my DD she's the little girl who made me a mom. I think girls are awesome :)

2have - that sounds like so much fun!! I agree, wish we could be kids again. I just cheched your ticker and am with you all that I couldn't believe how time flies (I'm constantly surprised by it!) Just the other day I saw you had a 9 month old baby. And here we all are in 2nd tri and your & Rebecca's girls are having birthdays.... crazy. Tomorrow we're going to complain about difficult teenagers lol.

Ugh no I'm not allowed to say anything to the builder because another MAJOR upset has happened (he changed his price and increased it a lot) all because I enquired about items on the quote that we are NOT having done. So the guy sent my husband an updated quote; he had removed the items that I had specified but added in a sh*tload of other nonsense and now it's much more expensive! And he is dh's "friend" so of course it's all my fault. I have been screamed at for the past 3 hours and told what a horrible human being I am, all because I tried to save some money. Yep, we're back to the emotional abuse. I don't dare say something about a wooden staircase full of slippery cement :( who gives a damn if the pregnant idiot falls. And I hit my stomach really hard today while picking up & moving furniture by myself (dh had another fit because I asked him to help me move furniture while he was "tired"). He doesn't even know I got injured. Last night he said he is sick of me telling him I'm tired or any other pregnancy symptom so I have to keep it to myself. This time I'm seriously considering moving out. Only thing is I had to pay him such a lot of money tonight to try and fix the damage I had done. .. and I have to pay for every cent of this pregnancy out of my own pocket he pays nothing. ... so I can't afford to move out.

Sorry. Had to get it off my chest.

Fern, that's terrible. I wouldn't be giving that man a red cent and making him pay for the emotional abuse. That's costly on you and you need to start charging for it. Or for every time you're doing work while he's sitting around charge him for your time. We ladies often end up doing the brunt of the work and take on waaaay too much. My mom told me to stop trying to help DH out, he asks and asks and I just say yes all the time because that's who I am. Make him tap his resources. If you can't afford to move out maybe a b&b for a few nights and let him deal with the clean up and moving? Do you teach at your home? Sorry you have to deal with this.

Holy Fern, my heart goes out to you and your situation. It is like no matter what you do you are in the wrong, and that really isn't fair at all. I really don't know what I would do in your situation except try to keep my baby safe. I can't believe after all you two have been through, having to move on to IVF that he treats you so badly. Big hugs darlin.

Praying - congrats on the little girly!!!

Sorry reading quickly and have to leave for a paint party. Hope you are all doing well.

Fern, that's awful sorry to hear!! Can't stand contractors and their BS

20weeks today and I haven't felt my son move once :( yep I need to get away from this toxic and stressful environment before more harm is done to my baby. Going to my parents tonight (just told them it's due to too much dust at home with the renovations; also true) but have to come back on Monday as my classroom is here on the property.

Fern-I am so sorry you have to go through this especially right now with your pregnancy. Sigh these husbands. Just make sure you do not push yourself too much and try to stay as relaxed as you can given the circumstances. I just can’t understand what he can possibly be thinking to be so mean towards you. Enjoy your weekend by your parents and I hope it gives you some time to escape all of the madness. :hugs: honey

Now the contractor being shady is a whole different topic. The team we had working on our house did the same thing by changing the price. We had to go through this before and it was so disappointing. Sometimes it’s best to hire strangers than working with friends-we learned this the hard way!

Myshelsong-How was the paint party? They are normally so much fun once you go with the right people!

Happy 20 weeks fern! Halfway there!
I'm 19 weeks now and I don't feel babies either.
I hope the break from the chaos is just what you need. Enjoy your time at your parents.
The granite guy finally got back to us and told us that he can glue the cracks! Yay, what a relief!

Thanks ladies. I'm looking forward to staying at my parents so much. Will not be talking to husband and I think it will do baby and me a world of good to be looked after for a change! My mom already sent me a menu for tonight.... sigh... bliss. I'm starting to understand why my sister stays there almost every weekend! (She won't be there this weekend but her daughter is staying there. Yay for niece cuddles!).

4pm and I'm finally feeling some kicks, phew. I had started to think something was wrong after yesterday's accident (as I've said the builder was 1,5 hours late; I was starting to stress & husband had refused to help me move stuff the previous night. So I started moving some furniture in a hurry. I had picked up an ottoman and was holding it tummy-height, walking quite fast to move it to another room when a cupboard door blew open and I walked into it at full force; the ottoman slammed into my tummy so hard it took my breath away. Not a clever move!). Glad he's kicking again.

Praying- geez shady business people... and this one is so rich. Honestly I'd rather be poor than get rich from other people's misery! Are you having more renos done soon?

Rebecca that's great news!

Do you all enjoy waking up and thinking of your little boy/girl now that you know the gender? Respect for the team yellow ladies!! I'd never be able to wait but I imagine the surprise is so much bigger :).

Fern - so sorry about your home situation. I hope you can improve your situation.

Yes, I do love knowing who is in my belly and who is kicking (him or her).

I'm heading to Florida for vacation tomorrow morning. I prob won't be on here as much. We are staying for a week and I'm looking forward to lots of relaxing, family visits, and beach time!

Oh fern, I hope you can take this weekend to relax and get pampered. You and baby boy deserve it! That's absolutely horrible how your husband spoke to you and treated you. I don't want to cause more stress by asking this, but you don't think he will try to bully your LO the same way do you?

RQ have a good vacation!

DH is having surgery on Monday on his hip. He has a labral tear and also his hip bone has grown to not fit into the socket so they are going to shave some off. Poor thing has delt with horrible pain for years now and just finally got a diagnosis. He is unable to have an MRI because before we started our IUIs, he had a varicocelle repair which means he has metal coils in his abdomen. I really wish there was some way to take them out because they didn't even help his count AT ALL, and they just cause inconvenience. Since he wasn't able to have an MRI it took several different Dr's to finally get his diagnosis. Anyway, here we are, only a few days away from his surgery which should fix his problems completely! It's a 3 hour surgery and he will be off for 3 weeks. Money will be tight since he is our only income, but it will definitely be worth it!

Glad you are going to your parents Fern. Have a relaxing time.

RQ have a great vacation!

Froggy ah surgery. Hope he recovers quickly and feels better now that this is getting fixed.

Rebecca so glad they can glue it. Hopefully this will be just the fix for you guys and the stove top goes in nicely.

I still haven't really felt the little guy move at all. But I had a crazy scare yesterday. Was having weird sharp pains here and there and feeling off all day. Got the Doppler out and for almost 20 minute couldn't find the heart beat. We finally found a really faint sound, he must be hiding behind the placenta or on my back because it was steady but super faint. It was crazy felt so upset all night. Woke up this morning and tried again, and found him. Although again quiet but steady. Going to take a break for a bit so I don't scare myself.

Paint parties are so much fun. I am leading the groups this week one today and one tomorrow. Then I have a photo session on Sunday so super busy weekend. Spending the day cleaning up from the mess of the week I haven't been able to do anything lately. Feeling so out of it lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->