• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

August 2014

While there hasn't been any more wedding plans made I have found out that the wedding fund is now going to be a little bigger because I am guaranteed to graduate with a first class honour degree :happydance:

Kind of feel like I should write this down somewhere so here's the best place. Basically I got called in to university to discuss my dissertation which worried me as dissertation marks aren't released until official results are. My dissertation was very big (26,000 words and the word limit was 15,000) and while my supervisor had agreed to it, I was worried the second marker might have penalised me for the increase.

Well basically my supervisor told me that they had decided to give me the highest mark they'd ever awarded.. 96!! :saywhat: Simply because they couldn't give me any criticism. Furthermore the editor of a large linguistics journal is being contacted to see whether it would be suitable to print :happydance:

But besides that being an achievement it means that my bursary next year will be £5000 MORE than had I graduated with a 2.1. And even if I don't hand in my last piece of work at all, I'll still be guaranteed a first. I finish Uni tomorrow... Let the dress shopping commence!

Still so prouuuuuud. You are the best and deserve to indulge in going completely wedding-crazy this summer :haha:

Haha awww thanks Lou, and yes I intend to! The bridezilla will be out in force :gun:

OMG that is absolutely amazing, you genius! :cloud9: i would be so skipping about right now if i were you, what an amazing achievement :happydance: wow! :D

I keep thinking about this, this is the kind of thing that happens to me in my wildest fantasies :haha: I'm so impressed, I really hope it gets published! :)

Thank you girls! To say I'm happy is a bit of an understatement :haha:

I keep thinking about this, this is the kind of thing that happens to me in my wildest fantasies :haha: I'm so impressed, I really hope it gets published! :)

Hahaha thanks hun! Me toooo, the journal that my lecturer is contacting is English Today... you might have come across it in your studies?

It was Tuesday I found out and it still doesn't feel real. The mark could in theory be questioned by the exam board. I was assured the likelihood of them ever changing a mark is tiny so not to worry but I'm still a bit reluctant to shout about it until it's all official (deadline is June 24th).

It feels so gratifying and like it was all worth it :D my aim was to get a first and I've done it so the study being published would just be a bonus - it'd take ages though as I'd have to cut it down to 5k words :wacko: still, it would be awesome to have an undergraduate piece published!

Awww and I even said to you that I bet your lecturer was calling you in to say how amazing you are. I was right :smug: so proud of you! x

Just remembered I had my first wedding dream last night - dreamt that I got so drunk I forgot everything that had happened and Nick was filling me in on everything the following day, right down to which guests attended. Hoping that doesn't come true or it will be one super expensive hangover :rofl:

Hahaha just read back. This IS happening, I'm going to make sure of it :rofl: I'll try and out do you on thr embarrassing level though... wouldn't want you to look like a complete tit on your big day! :friends:

Awww and I even said to you that I bet your lecturer was calling you in to say how amazing you are. I was right :smug: so proud of you! x

Haha I hate the fact I always worry myself into thinking the worst :dohh: thanks lovely xx

Just remembered I had my first wedding dream last night - dreamt that I got so drunk I forgot everything that had happened and Nick was filling me in on everything the following day, right down to which guests attended. Hoping that doesn't come true or it will be one super expensive hangover :rofl:

Hahaha just read back. This IS happening, I'm going to make sure of it :rofl: I'll try and out do you on thr embarrassing level though... wouldn't want you to look like a complete tit on your big day! :friends:

Hahahaha you're a true friend :rofl: on a serious note though I think Nick would be googling annulments on our first day of wedded bliss if I got that hammered :rofl:

you must have worked your arse off! what an achievement :happydance: such a good note to start your PGDE on! :cloud9:

You can be like my scottish second cousin who had to be dragged out of her own wedding party because she was so hammered!

you must have worked your arse off! what an achievement :happydance: such a good note to start your PGDE on! :cloud9:

Thanks hun.. to be fair I did do pretty much nothing else for like 3 months :haha: and yeah my confidence has been boosted by it, plus the money will be sooo handy for the wedding :D

Oh wow, that is fantastic. Well done you x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"