• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

August 2014

Hahaha wow, Disney couture! I'm amazed :haha: Definitely not for me HOWEVER on our shopping trip perhaps you can pretend you're desperately seeking a Disney gown and try one on Lou ;)

I have kind of fallen in love with the idea of going on a posh camping hen do but not sure really. I may just leave it to my bridesmaids to sort, then it's one less thing to worry about :haha:

I really haven't decided on the veil, I suppose it depends on what kind of dress I get really, and dress shopping feels like such a long way off still!

Hahaha Lauryn I will defo be wearing my wedding attire secretly for a while, it must be done ;)

Totally, that Tiana dress on the last row is so hideous it makes me want to cry a little bit!

You should so go on a posh camping trip with your friends it'll be sooo fun, that is so what I would do if I had a hen do. And the whole point of having Bridesmaids is leaving all the work to them obviously :haha:

Totally, that Tiana dress on the last row is so hideous it makes me want to cry a little bit!

You should so go on a posh camping trip with your friends it'll be sooo fun, that is so what I would do if I had a hen do. And the whole point of having Bridesmaids is leaving all the work to them obviously :haha:

You will definitely have to come providing you can afford it, obviously it's a lot to ask and the priority is you coming to the wedding but the invite will definitely be there... Miss camping queen :haha:

A posh camping hen do? I have never heard of such a thing! My experiences of camping is limited to festivals which meant body washing with wet wipes and chewing gum doubled up as teeth care and freshening breaths!

Yesss I would love to, ah I'm excited already! Lauryn google glamping, some of the places you can stay are pretty amazing and soooooooo far removed from grotty festival camping :haha:

Hahaha Lauryn!

Check this out:
https://www.jollydaysluxurycamping.co.uk/bell-tents

Ahhhh that looks sooooooo nice I want to be there now! I have a tent like that but its tiny, although we do have a candle chandelier for it which makes it feel a bit fancier! Check out goglamping.net too

Ahhhh that looks sooooooo nice I want to be there now! I have a tent like that but its tiny, although we do have a candle chandelier for it which makes it feel a bit fancier! Check out goglamping.net too

Ahh that sounds gorgeous! Was the chandelier included? Nick and are thinking about taking Oli glamping as a holiday this summer/next year but the bell tent I absolutely loved on that particular website was like £800 for a week high season... wowwwwww :haha:

Will check out goglamping!

I can't believe I didn't see this earlier! Wedding excitement!

I had a dress from the Disney collection!

I haven't really had anything to report wedding-wise, had my confirmation from the harpist and we're going to see a photographer on Tuesday.

Other than that I am 4 weeks away from finishing my degree so I'm 22,000 words into my ridiculously big dissertation and due to hand it on Wednesday... so wedding browsing has been reserved purely for procrastination :haha:

The photographer we're going to see is relatively cheap compared to others I've found and I like their photos but half of me kind of wants to go for a fine art photographer. I really don't know much about photography but I know what I like and I really want amazing photos, but at the same time my priority is getting a photographer with a reportage style as I have been to weddings where the entire drinks reception is spent posing for photographs and I don't want that at all.

I'm also a bit disappointed that the venue hasn't got in touch with us, they're supposed to send us a complete invoice as we're due to pay them 15% but they're yet to do it :shrug:

In my experience venues normally need 'prompting'. They seem to think we're happier not receiving things like invoices etc on time but don't realise the extra stress that causes in the planning process :lol:

I'm like you with the photographs. I hate posed photos. I'd much rather have an album filled with intimate 'missed' moments than a load that we spent an hour posing for. A good photographer will work with you. If you tell them the style you want then that's what they should give you. Obviously their portfolio will have to reflect that for you to consider them first though. Hope it goes well with the meeting

22,000 word diss??!! I'm so glad I quit uni :rofl: just remember it'll be worth it in the end. Once that's done are you free to go wedding crazy?

In my experience venues normally need 'prompting'. They seem to think we're happier not receiving things like invoices etc on time but don't realise the extra stress that causes in the planning process :lol:

I'm like you with the photographs. I hate posed photos. I'd much rather have an album filled with intimate 'missed' moments than a load that we spent an hour posing for. A good photographer will work with you. If you tell them the style you want then that's what they should give you. Obviously their portfolio will have to reflect that for you to consider them first though. Hope it goes well with the meeting

22,000 word diss??!! I'm so glad I quit uni :rofl: just remember it'll be worth it in the end. Once that's done are you free to go wedding crazy?

So true about venues! Unfortunately we've already 'prompted' them :dohh: I don't want us to have to get in touch with them again and come across as pushy but I really need to get rid of this money because it is sitting in my account and I will definitely slowly spend it otherwise, I am seriously crap with money :wacko:

Thanks hun, I really need to feel confident with the photographer so fingers crossed we'll like them. They're a married couple and they have agreed to both work the wedding without charging us for the extra photographer because I said we didn't want an engagement shoot. I like the idea of having two there who are married so they obviously work well together!

I have some preparation for my PGCE to do over summer but effectively yes I am going to go wedding INSANE and I can't wait :rofl: what did you do at uni?

I know how you feel about photographers, I don't like posed pictures, well i hate having my picture taken so that's why I love the 'caught of guard' type of pictures!

I think any good photographer will work with you and do what you want :)

So true about venues! Unfortunately we've already 'prompted' them :dohh: I don't want us to have to get in touch with them again and come across as pushy but I really need to get rid of this money because it is sitting in my account and I will definitely slowly spend it otherwise, I am seriously crap with money :wacko:

Thanks hun, I really need to feel confident with the photographer so fingers crossed we'll like them. They're a married couple and they have agreed to both work the wedding without charging us for the extra photographer because I said we didn't want an engagement shoot. I like the idea of having two there who are married so they obviously work well together!

I have some preparation for my PGCE to do over summer but effectively yes I am going to go wedding INSANE and I can't wait :rofl: what did you do at uni?

I did photography :haha: I was sooo fussy when choosing our photographer, and even now I have my doubts, but the ones that I absolutely loved were all absolutely ridiculously priced...more than the cost of our venue :wacko:

Chase the venue. Tell them you want to make a payment. That should get their attention :lol: but you're right, you shouldn't have to be chasing them up at all

I did photography :haha: I was sooo fussy when choosing our photographer, and even now I have my doubts, but the ones that I absolutely loved were all absolutely ridiculously priced...more than the cost of our venue :wacko:

Chase the venue. Tell them you want to make a payment. That should get their attention :lol: but you're right, you shouldn't have to be chasing them up at all

Didn't see this reply but I have to say I'm glad I'm not the only one with doubts on the photographer! We are going to book the one we found because they're so inexpensive and we get two photographers for the price of one, and I do like their photos, but they weren't my favourite! At least you have reason to be fussy though if you were once a photography student :haha:

I've managed to get a few discounts recently by simply asking, it's amazing what you can get for being a bit cheeky!

We went to see the photographer on Tuesday and she was absolutely lovely. She really put us at ease and I'm positive she'll get us great photos. The photographic style isn't as striking as some that I've seen and I have been umming and ahhing about it but Nick and I had a proper chat and we think having beautiful, natural photos is way more important to us than really extravagantly posed ones. This photographer is half the price of my favourite photographer and they have offered to give us a second photographer for free (£125 saving), so I am really happy! I'll be paying the deposit tonight.

I also sent Shoot It Yourself a message on Facebook simply asking them if they have any promotional codes and they gave me a code for 2 cameras for the price of 1 (£75 saving) which means I have now got 2 photographers and a wedding video for the price of the single photographer I initially loved. I'm so pleased! :happydance:

I don't feel like I've done much fun stuff yet. I'm going to go dress shopping in June and in July/August I'm going to go to London for the weekend to see 2 of my bridesmaids and go dress/accessory shopping with them. My aim now is to get the save the date cards sorted. I really want save the date magnets but haven't found any that I love yet so I'm contemplating just buying my own, since I've discovered magnetic printable paper. I leave university officially on 24th May and my last lecture is today, so after that I'll be able to really start all of the fun bits. I can't wait! :)

Just remembered I had my first wedding dream last night - dreamt that I got so drunk I forgot everything that had happened and Nick was filling me in on everything the following day, right down to which guests attended. Hoping that doesn't come true or it will be one super expensive hangover :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->