August 2016 watermelons!

Ugh ladies last night I woke up after falling asleep for about an hour or two. I was having cramping, cold sweats, and even threw up. I had the same thing when I was 6w with my last pregnancy and I'm almost 100% positive it's constipation cramping. I can't believe that it's starting this early though. I puked, went to the bathroom and instantly felt better. It's such a scary thing though because I wasn't in control of my body. Hoping that's the only episode, I'm working really hard to get enough water and fiber I thought I was doing ok with it. Apparently not....

Angel - I'm sorry that morning sickness has struck you already. I had it really bad with my son I'm hoping it wont be as bad this time. I am really struggling with my water intake. I am not much of a water drinker to begin with.

Mrs W how are you doing today?

Ugh, that sounds awful Angel!

I struggle with water too, but I'm so darn thirsty these days, at least that helps make me drink.

Angel, you poor thing! I have the opposite problem, lol. At least it's only once a day. Last time, I would switch between diarrhea and constipation.

Went to sleep at 1:30am because we watched Star Wars and then I was already waking up before my alarm around 6am and had to pee so bad. That's the only time I really notice needing to pee more. Also this whole time, and especially last night and today, been very burpy. Feeling very classy, lol.

The husband went to see Star Wars last night too, and I was ecstatic, because I got a solid 3 hrs of sleep before he came home and started snoring :D lol

Thank you for the warm welcome and congrats to you all as well... I feel at home here already! :)

Holliems I had an early ultrasound done with my last four pregnancies because I was having this sharp, stabbing, pinching type pain similar to what you all described. They wanted to check to make sure it wasn't ectopic. With each one I had a cyst on one of my ovaries that was causing the pain. This time there is a constant dull ache on my left side. My doctor told me that the reason you have it is because it releases hormones to take care of the baby until the placenta takes over at 12 weeks, then it is supposed to shrink or go away completely.

Thanks lilmiss. The ache has stopped. I haven't had any cramping in two days. I hate all the worry. Hoping for a scan at my 7 week appointment. I also plan on getting a private scan at 9 weeks and 12. I found a place that will do them for $37.

My Doctors office finally called back today and said she didn't want to see me any sooner than 8 weeks and that she doesn't feel its necessary to do bloodwork if I got a positive test at home. This is already so different than when I was pregnant with my son. I went in for bloodwork the day I got my positive and went back 2 more times to make sure my levels were rising. Anyone else not having bloodwork? I am also waiting for my first appointment with my midwife which they said would probably be around 10 weeks. I am not sure if my Dr would still see me knowing I will be going with a midwife I just want confirmation, and a dating scan would be lovley lol.

Magan I haven't had blood work done yet. The clinic won't see me sooner than 7 weeks. At first they tried having me wait until 12 but I pitched a mini fit.

Magan I haven't had bloodwork done either and I don't have a first appointment until 9w and a few days. I found it surprising because of my history but at the same time I don't want to have to worry about whether or not my levels will rise, or if they are high enough for how far along I am. I just want to be happy I'm pregnant right now and stay positive. Wish I could see bub at 7w like last time because that's when I lost my last one but maybe this is a blessing in disguise not having to go in early. What will be, will be, we can't prevent an impending miscarriage at this stage anyway.

ksquared I know what you mean by burpy, it's all day everyday at this point for me :) so lady like

It depends on what doctor you see. Some are all about bloodwork, while others don't want to bother with you until your scan. With my first pregnancy, my doc took bloods mainly to check my progesterone and hcg because I had been spotting for a week. This time I've switched doctors, and since I've had a loss he doesn't want to put extra stress on me to do diagnostics, unless I'm having problems. I'm all for that, because I hate giving blood, it makes me feel faint and creeps me out. I've been offered bloods twice by the nurse when I called, but I happily declined.

Although, if you call back and insist on bloods or ask, they will probably do it. If your doc is at all accomodating, they will do that for you.

I've had bloodwork done twice the day I found out I was pregnant, and then again two days later, to ensure levels were rising appropriately (happily, they are!) :)

However the only reason they are doing this is because I had just started visiting a fertility clinic due to challenges getting pregnant. Before they could even do an AFC count I turned up pregnant naturally.

I think because this was unexpected and because I was seeing a fertility doctor they did the blood work.

I wouldn't be surprised if I would not have otherwise been seen for a couple more weeks had I been working with an OB.

My husband more than made up for his snoring! A coworker was talking about a new restaurant in town that makes good tamales, and she got me in the mood to have some. My hubs got off work early today and I kind of joked with him to get me tamales. He said he would... but I kinda thought he was joking. Not only did he get me tamales, he surprised me with horchata too!! My fav. Yummm :)

You are one lucky lady fairycat!!

DH abandoned me to watch starwars with his friends tonight. I wasn't too happy about it even knew it had been planned for weeks but for some reason when I'm pregnant I become more clingy when I'm nothing like that without being pregnant. So I ended up getting loads of junk food after work and ate a lot of it while watching netflix (after putting DS to bed). NOT A GOOD IDEA, felt sooo sick shortly after! Now I'm contemplating going to bed, but at the same time want to enjoy the alone time.. :shrug::dohh:

I thought OH was going to want to go out tonight and I would have to force myself to stay awake and explain why I wasn't drinking but randomly he asked if I would pick up a redbox movie on my way home and we'll hang out in pajamas and have a movie night. Obviously I said YES. I am so excited to just hang out and eat popcorn at home with my hunny.

I have this big idea I'm going to work out tonight...but what will probably happen is I'll go home and make cookies and veg with DH and the dog - alright!! :dance:

Happy Friday everyone :)

Lol Andrea I thought the same thing and here I sit in my pajamas with my cats. :haha: so lazy

Molly - mine went to Star Wars 2 nights in a row. I am ok with it, because it allows me to sleep!! Usually I'm clingy too, but I like my sleep more lol

Lazy Friday nights are the best! Glad you guys are having one too. The dog took a nap with me this evening. I was trying to watch Miracle on 34th St, but that failed.

Haha. I hope you both enjoy your lazy Friday nights!

I made to the gym, but so far I'm just in the bistro, eating! 😂

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->