August 2016 watermelons!

We had our Christmas party at work this morning. I woke up with my stomach aching and oatmeal didn't help. By the time I got to work, my oatmeal was in my throat, then I was surrounded by tons of food!! Something was smelling like beans and totally making me feel gross. Luckily everyone ate pretty fast, so I finally went and got a little something later and started to feel better. One of my coworkers is due on Christmas, and she was giving me tons of pity lol

Is she allowed to be in work at this stage?? 😱

Not much going on symptom wise with me either yet, although morning sickness is usually off and on until about 6-7 weeks when it hits me full force, then I have 24/7 nausea. I'm usually more tired than what I am this time though however I was on Zofran my last few pregnancies and the Zofran made me sleepy so that was probably contributing to my fatigue than actually being tired, however I felt incredibly ill without it. Plus my DS was a lot younger and more needy at that time.

Gotcha. You have good health insurance then. The US sucks, it doesn't start until you go into labor.

I could really punch my husband right now. He wanted fajitas for dinner so I said we need an onion and I dont have gluten free tortillas. Well the place I get my tortillas from is on the other side of town from where we both work, and I had a Christmas present to pick up for a coworker after work. So he pretty much told me I needed to get the stuff. So I'm stuck on the other side of town and I got the damn onion and started getting really shaky and kinda dizzy so I had to get out of there, not even thinking about my tortillas. Of course traffic was awful and we live on the side of town where we work... so I'm sure you all can imagine how crappy I felt trying to get home. I don't even want fajitas.

I wish my job gave me mandatory leave 2 weeks before my due date. I'm just lucky that I have the option to take more than 6 weeks unpaid, my job allows for up to 12 weeks family leave.

Sorry fairy, that sucks when the hubby isn't as understanding as we'd like them to be. I haven't had to deal with it a lot lately, somethings I hear I feel pretty lucky that OH has been supportive through everything.

Honestly if I didn't know I was pregnant I wouldn't have any idea. Yes there are slight symptoms, but it's just not to the point where I'm like "oh yeah definitely pregnant." Maybe it just needs more time to sink in.

I didn't start really feeling pregnant until I hit i think 5w3d. Your time will come lol

I can't remember if we get 6 weeks or 12 weeks. I hope it's 12. I know whatever it is its unpaid.

Angel I'm with you on that. I was just telling DH that I don't feel pregnant at all. Sometimes I wonder if I really am lol.

Oh good, I was starting to feel like I'm the only one here not feeling pregnant.

I think I've read that almost everyone in here has had some type of symptom whether it be nausea, tender breasts, fatigue and/or dizzyness but for me...not a damn thing!

It worries me to the point where I'm still taking a test every few days to make sure that I am actually pregnant! lol

My first appt is January 11th but if I don't hear a HB or have an U/S, I'm still not going to believe that I'm pregnant until I actually see my baby on that screen and hear the HB.

I agree about hearing the hb and seeing baby but tonight I was at the mall and had a dizzy spell plus the bloating from dinner was horrific, first time I've had to call it an early shipping day in awhile. Just to icky to stay at it. Makes me think I spoke too soon.

Any symptoms I have are usually at night or in the morning. Most of the day, I feel totally normal. Some boob pain is starting up, but not a lot. I'm 5 weeks tomorrow so maybe I'll start feeling more soon.

DH is so nervous about our appointment and is dreading bad news. I haven't let myself feel connected with this little bean yet, although everything so far has been ok. Good thing is my tests are still getting darker, and my doctor ordered another progesterone draw and quantitative blood pregnancy test to check on my numbers. She said to do it early next week. At least she is monitoring me more closely this time and I'm not having to wait so long for a scan. It still doesn't feel quite real, and also a little bit of deja vu.

Yes she's allowed, why wouldn't she be?

In Ireland we HAVE to go on maternity leave 2 weeks before our due date.

Really? Compulsory maternity leave here is the two weeks after birth, not before?

Just read up... How bizarre! I didn't realise Ireland was so different to here!

Yep, 2 weeks before and 4 weeks after. We get about 26 weeks paid I think then you can get another 6 months unpaid (which I would love to take but it is unlikely).

I don't as strong symptoms as I had with my son (nauseawise anyway) so eventhough I feel tired, etc, I don't feel like the pregnancy is real most of the time and I keep testing too!! Haha.

DH is off now until next tuesday. I still have today and half a day tomorrow in work :(

Hey ladies! I am due the 14th of August noticed someone post that there was a group for those due in August thought id head over and join! I am a mom of 3 already and this was an unexpected little one but still very excited after the initial shock! I had some cramping for about 3 days then at 6+1 I went to the ER after a small bleed episode they did an ultrasound and found baby with all parts it is supposed to have at this point and a heartbeat. I have been nervously waiting for something to happen again :dohh: but the nurse who called said my baby looks healthy with a HB of 156 from the scan so really no need to come back in and my initial nurse consult happens jan 13th from there I will set up my 10-12 week appointment which I can't wait for since I will see my little baby again. Anyways now that I have explained my whole life story... I hope to see everyone through till the end! :flower:

I dont have a scan date yet but i still wish it would hurry up and be scan day :dohh:

As soon as i see babies little heartbeat ill be able to relax. I mean im sure everything is fine but you cant help but worry

Wow Molly, I need to move to Ireland!! Lol. I think it's so crappy the USA only gives us a little time off and they don't even pay us. Of course, I work for the state, and our state is totally broke. I need to move.

I woke up this morning with a huge stomach ache and nothing is really helping. :(

A little late to the party but my due date is August 29 according to my last period. I have a doctor's appointment on Jan 2.

This will be my second and we're really excited, although when I found out I was pregnant with my first I was already 16 weeks along when I went in for an ultrasound so I didn't have the first trimester paranoia that I'm having now.

So far for symptoms I've been pretty nauseous the past couple days, and I've been super tired. I don't have the sore boobs though yet. It's hard that I can't really compare it with my first pregnancy, and so every little thing worries me. I just have to relax.

Hi usaf and thera :thumbup:

I've either pulled my back or have a uti coming :dohh:. I'm now off work until next week and am sorting some last minute gifts and cleaning up!

I so want my scan to be here NOW! only another 12 days to wait :happydance:

Hi and congrats to the people who have just joined us! The more the merrier! :)

I've been feeling so sick to my stomach this morning, that I felt like anything could set me off and.. well.. you know. I tried everything I had... a banana, cheerios, ginger ale, nuts... nothing was helping. I decided to pop a spearmint starlight mint that I had leftover from last pregnancy, and omg it made me feel SO MUCH better! I hate that that's the only thing that helps, because of all the sugar. I don't want to end up diabetic trying to control my nausea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->