August 2016 watermelons!

Is anyone having heart flutters? Is this normal?

Yea, I've been having them. I don't know if it's normal.
This is my 4th preg and felt them with all early on. I swear this is moving already. for sure i felt one at 9 weeks and the rest where 12 weeks. Apart from my last which was 20 weeks or more as the placenta was in the way.

Ohh I wasn't talking about the baby's heart. I'm talking about my own heart feels like it's fluttering at times.

...everybody with nice heart rates at 7 weeks and mine was only 118 :(

My private scan is tomorrow evening. I'm super nervous. They don't give you a heart rate though and that's going to drive me crazy.

Just so you know I saw how they measure the heart rate and if the time varys even by a second or so the number changes .... So if they measure the heart rate for five seconds it could be 150 but if they measured it for 10 it could be 118. I don't think it's accurate at all for this stage of pregnancy because the heart isn't beating at a steady pace. When she measured mine I saw that if she took a longer sample my number went down quiteeee a bit, she shortened it up and the number of beats went up. I think it's a bit manipulative at this stage. I know I can't tell you not to worry because it's just impossible for us not to.... But if your scan comes out good tomorrow , I bet you your bean ha a great heart rate :)

Hey ladies! Congrats on the scans!

Do you guys have days where your symptoms aren't that bad? I haven't had bloating for awhile, and my nausea wasn't that bad today either. Making me nervous, probably because I'm so close to when I lost the last one, I'm going crazy over here despite trying to stay positive. It's been a long day and it doesn't help that I'm away from home for few weeks either so maybe I'm just being irrational, idk.

I lost my symptoms about a week ago which would put me right at where you are. I was really only exhausted but I feel like I am not as tired now. Worries me but there is nothung right now saying I am not pregnant.

JTR went through the same thing and had a good scan on monday.

I have been symptom less for two days I get paranoid too! My jeans feel uncomfy even though they still fit me and this is my 4th. I keep going back and forth from its all fine to omg I am scared to death there will be bad news on my scan whenever that is going to happen. We drive ourselves mad don't we? :dohh:

I can't work out wether I'm constantly feeling sick from nausea or I'm Constantine feeling sick because I need food so often. Like every hour or two! Drives me crazy. Good job I'm a stay at home mum to my first born. Would be dreadful, feel for all you ladies having to drag your self in. Although with my first I was working full time and I didn't have any preg symptoms. Maybe I was too busy to see them? What to eat now?! 😂🙈

Last pregnancy I worked at a grocery store which was HORRIBLE for smells...I couldn't walk by the meat department without throwing up from the scent of the raw meat but it was fantastic for whenever I was craving something.

Now I work at a hospital and while the smells are better (although I have to hide in my department to eat my lunch, the cafeteria is bad news), it sucks for when I'm craving something.

Has anyone had any cravings lately? Mine has been meat for like two weeks now. Like I'd eat a hamburger every meal if I could.

Crap. Random person in the bathroom at work asked when I am due. I'm a fluffier woman so it's not baby bump. My shirt had gotten stuck in my pants anf she was right behind me. These are my high wasted pants so I wonder if she assumed that due to my pants. I was going to wait until 12 weeks to tell my boss but wonder now if I should tell him if the scan goes well tomorrow.

And to top it off I've been super emotional about my weight and someone asks me when I'm due before I'm even "showing".

...everybody with nice heart rates at 7 weeks and mine was only 118 :(

My private scan is tomorrow evening. I'm super nervous. They don't give you a heart rate though and that's going to drive me crazy.

Just so you know I saw how they measure the heart rate and if the time varys even by a second or so the number changes .... So if they measure the heart rate for five seconds it could be 150 but if they measured it for 10 it could be 118. I don't think it's accurate at all for this stage of pregnancy because the heart isn't beating at a steady pace. When she measured mine I saw that if she took a longer sample my number went down quiteeee a bit, she shortened it up and the number of beats went up. I think it's a bit manipulative at this stage. I know I can't tell you not to worry because it's just impossible for us not to.... But if your scan comes out good tomorrow , I bet you your bean ha a great heart rate :)

Thanks. Ive tried not to worry about it but ofcourse I am. I was reading a medical journal this morning and it said that IF its not miscarried in the first trimester, chances of it having a heart defect is high. My oldest DD had a heart defect while I was pregnant with her so...I dunno. Im irritated that they didnt schedule me for a follow up scan. Everything I read online says a follow up scan is scheduled when theres a low HB at 6-7 weeks. Maybe Im over worried. Ive got a scan today at 5. But without knowing the heart rate, Im not sure how much better Ill feel. :nope: Ugh, so nervous

I'm pissed off at my husband... AGAIN! Last night he asked if he was "allowed" to sleep in our bed with me. I said sure. He never comes to bed before 1am. I was having trouble sleeping anyway, because my dinner didn't settle right and I was feeling a bit sick to my stomach, and my reflux was acting up and making my throat sore. I finally got to sleep and of course he comes to bed and starts snoring. He's not exactly quiet when he comes to bed either, and dropping his pillows on the bed and shakes the whole thing. Finally at 3am when I hadn't gotten much sleep at all, I decided to sleep on the darn couch. Finally got to sleep around 3:30am and when my alarm went off at 6:45 this morning, I just kept hitting snooze. 7:20 rolls around and I absolutely just cannot get up and get moving, so I text my boss and told her I'd be in later and wasn't feeling well. My husband rarely comes downstairs in the morning before 7:30, so I just tried going back to sleep. It was bothering me he wasn't coming down, and it was 7:45 (he works at 8). So I went upstairs to wake him up and then came back down to sleep. He comes down and opens the dog crate and slams it against our DVD tower. Then opens the door for the dog and later slams that door. Just generally being obnoxious, so i'm like what the hell is your problem!? He says - YOU! That's what my problem is. I'm like.. it wasn't my fault you didn't get out of bed. He said - Yes it is! I'm lying there saying.. wow... you better not talk to me until you have an apology. Then he comes over to me a few minutes later basically yelling at me asking me why I'm not going to work. I told him I didn't want to talk to him. He keeps asking and asking and asking and won't shut up. Finally he leaves. I ended up texting him saying if this is an eye to the future of how he's going to treat me, then I don't want to be married or have his f'ing baby. Needless to say, I didn't get much sleep and now I'm stuck at work like a zombie and can barely even see straight. I really want to slap him and never talk to him again right now. I didn't deserve any of that!

Your husband is an arse fairy. Jeez what is his problem :grr:

At a guess (please correct me if im wrong) this is gonna be sex related?

He was being a very big arse this morning!!!!! :evil: It wasn't sex related, he just feels the need to blame somebody else for his stupidity for being late for work.

I really do love my husband, but sometimes he can be a real jerk.

That would really piss me off, too. He's being insensitive - he obviously doesn't understand your perspective. I wonder what is really bothering him. I sometimes wonder since the guys aren't the pregnant ones if they feel left out and like grumpy because they don't know what to do with those feelings.

Who knows. Also lack of sleep can turn ANYONE into a giant asshole, myself and my (usually) sweet hubby for sure.

Maybe everyone is just adjusting. But I'm sorry you guys had a bit of a falling out about it. That never feels good.

I guess I'll find out after work. Pretty sure he's irritated that I didn't turn the fan off. He claims he can never get up when the fan is on.. but he has his freakin' alarm, that's not my fault!!! When you snore in the middle of the night, the last thing on my mind is turning off the darn fan!

Hes a fully grown adult. He should be more than capable of getting himself to work. Your his wife not his mother

That's what I say!!! Most of the mornings I have to feed all of our animals and let the dog out, because he's too lazy to get out of bed. He just lays there on his phone. He talks about getting up early all the time.. well if you want to get up early DO IT! Geez. /end rant.

The more I think about having the baby, the more I really want to be a stay at home mom. I wish we were in the position to make that happen. I'm sitting at my job thinking about what other things I can do so I can avoid doing any actual work. I've been at this job 5 months now and can't say I love it. I'm dreading my review tomorrow... I hope nobody tattled on me for playing facebook games all the time :p Sigh... how do I do what I love to do and get paid for it...

Men can be the biggest babies sometimes. "it's your fault for not turning off the fan"?? WTF..that's so lame.

Sorry Fairy. Is this a normal behavior for him or is he in rare form?

No, this is not normal for him. He has his occasional jerk moments, but he never blames me for stupid stuff like this. I don't understand it. He does have a temper though, and I do let him hear it every time he gets out of control - like slamming doors, throwing things etc. He knows better.

That sucks fairy! Hopefully he'll get his act together and apologize for being a jerk. It doesn't help that our hormones are insane right now on top of it either. I guess tonight it's the couch for him and maybe you'll get better sleep.

Thanks for all the responses about symptoms everyone. We really do freak ourselves out more than we should. I'm sure things are fine and I'm just being silly. Had a few boughts of nausea today and small cramps on and off, actually having some nausea right now since I just got done doing a small amount of cardio. Constipation is still killing me too, I don't see that changing anytime soon. Only 2 more weeks until my scan and I'll be able to feel better about everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->