August 2016 watermelons!

Holliems, just realised we have the same due date!

Say whaaaat...Hollie n Molly due smack in the middle of August. :laugh2: How are you feeling so far? Today, I feel super tired. I imagine it'll just get worse.

EXTREMELY emotional. This was a surprise pregnancy, I decided to test after I cried hearing about this donkey being saved from the floods on the radio. This evening I cried again when I told DH about it :dohh: and I'm usually someone who rarely cries in public. He was laughing so hard haha. He is over the moon, I'm slowly getting used to the idea.

:laugh2: you cried again because you were talking about the donkey? Haha It is pretty funny

I know! And my ex used to call me the ice queen so you can imagine how unusual it is for me to do something like that hahaha. Is this your first?

No. This will be my third if all goes well. My oldest is almost 15 and my youngest almost 9! Last year I swore I'd never have more. But after I got married we started trying.

I'm an ice queen too. Before I got my BFP I almost cried at something stupid on tv. I don't even remember what it was! Lol

No. This will be my third if all goes well. My oldest is almost 15 and my youngest almost 9! Last year I swore I'd never have more. But after I got married we started trying.

I'm an ice queen too. Before I got my BFP I almost cried at something stupid on tv. I don't even remember what it was! Lol

Were your previous pregnancies similar?? My first (and only) pregnancy wasn't that great so I hope this one is different.

Yeah, that's true. A few people in my other group from my last pregnancy said they've spotted as well. I'm hoping this is nothing, but it's hard not to worry. And then it's hard not to stress when the nurse uses the C word - when she is a C word.

You said this has happened before with a previous pregnancy?

Yes, it's how it started before, but then it moved onto spotting whenever during the day. I'm scared :(

Hugs fairycat :hugs:

Lots of ladies report spotting, fingers crossed it's just bean settling in x

Fairy I imagine you are scared. I would be too. But it is true that lots of girls spot. I've read it's not common to have another mc after having one. My fingers are crossed for you.

Molly no. Both pregnancies were very different. The first was hard and difficult from the first month to birth. The second was a breeze. No symptoms and fast labor. I had a mmc between the two. I went all the way to 11 weeks and had NO idea! The only thing that tipped me off was my boobs looked different. I probably miscarriages because I smoked and drank during that time.

Thanks ladies. If my temp is still up tomorrow I will put it out of my mind. My line is so much darker today, it doesn't scream chemical to me at all.

Fairycat I'm really mad at the nurse who said that to you! Do people have no compassion? Sheesh! Just for reassurance I started spotting at 4dpo and didn't stop until a few days ago! I've heard lots and lots and lots of stories about spotting that turns out to be nothing. What I tell myself is that unless it's bright red + cramping, it's nothing to worry about. I hope you find some peace of mind soon, and I hope that nurse steps on a Lego!!

Lol marmoset, I hope she does too!! I love how supportive this forum is. I hope it means nothing for you and nothing for me. I tell myself the same thing.

I'm a poas addict, plus what the nurse told me today got me stressed out. Took another digi w/weeks and it said 2-3.

Ive gor about 0% chance of hinding this pregnancy for 12 weeks. I am huge

I love this forum but it has me freaked about ectopic pregnancy. Apparently being over 35 you have a higher risk. I haven't had a Pap smear since I was pregnant last. Almost 10 years ago! Which is why I had my original appointment. Should I ask for an early scan? Or am I worried for nothing? ...I don't even know where the hospital is...and traffic in San Diego is ridiculous. What if I had to rush to we? Ugh..

I wouldnt go now as youd see nothing. But if your concerned i dont see the harm in a 6 week scan :flower: im sure everything will be fine

I spent days freaking out and peeing on a ridiculous number of sticks but it wasn't really helping. Forums like b&b are a blessing and a curse, they are great for advice but you see so much sad news it does make you apprehensive.

Is wait a few weeks, just incase a scan didn't show much and it caused more concern. :hugs:

Fairycat I'm really surprised you didn't start screaming mad at the nurse who said that to you!! I would have been like a rottweiler dog to her
especially with the mood swings I am having at the moment...

I cant stand all this emotions :cry::haha::growlmad::muaha: they are driving me :wacko: fiancée is going nuts telling me my moods are all over the place from sweet to grouchy in 0.3sec and to take a deep breath and that makes me more irritated :dohh: :blush:

did a blood and progesterone test today and I have my first Doc. scan next week :happydance:

ARROW - I'm the type of person who think of everything to say after the fact :(

Hollie -- the boards made me scared last time, but what will be will be. You have to realize the majority of people on boards like this have had problems in the past.

Exactly, when everything's going fine there's not much motivation to share because you don't necessarily need the support. So you see way more about the hardships than about the things that just go perfectly fine!

How's everybody doing? I'm feeling pretty good today, though went to eat a Honeycrisp apple slice earlier (they're normally my favourite!) and it smelled like actual vomit to me. Sooo no apples today I guess.

I keep meaning to call my doctor's office to book an appointment, but I'm nervous because the receptionist is just the friendliest, chattiest person ever. That's normally really nice but my parents go to the same office and she's said things to them before like "oh how's Marmoset doing, I just saw her the other day!". So I'm all nervous that she'll spill the beans somehow, but I feel awkward about asking her not to because... she's a medical receptionist, she should know about patient confidentiality. So I feel like it would be insulting to suggest that she needs to be reminded. I'm thinking I'll just call and say I need to come in for a prescription refill... and then just only tell the doctor when I get there? But I don't want to hurt her feelings by hiding it from her! Plus that wouldn't even work, she sees my file!

... I'm definitely overthinking this. :dohh:

Wow! Isn't she not supposed to even say that you came in for a visit? That's not right! You should feel comfortable going in and knowing nobody will pass the news along. Since she knows both of you, I would just say something nonchalant like "I haven't told anybody yet, so please don't mention to my parents that you've seen me." This will also give her a heads up that you are aware she's talked about you and she needs to be careful. I would be paranoid as heck too!

As if I wasn't freaked enough...ok so...pregnancy confirmed yay! But...they put me in the high risk category. I'm a little irritated about the reason they gave me.

First let me tell you about my first experience at this clinic. I was assigned there by the military. It's a Catholic clinic. Jesus is everywhere. Ok no big deal. I called for my new patient appointment (months ago) the VERY first thing I'm told is "just so you're aware, we don't do abortions". Um...I was just going in for a lump under my arm? Still everyone's nice and its around the corner so I decided to use it for pregnancy.

Anyway, fast forward to today. I go in. Answer all their past pregnancy questions. Both pregnancies with daughters were easy. I had one mmc at 11 weeks over 10 years ago and an early abortion a few years ago. (Wasn't married. Abusive relationship) Anyway, they SAID because of that, I am high risk and could miscarry this baby at anytime.

Honestly, it sounds like bs to me. Doesn't make sense. It's not like I've gotten lots of them? One. Years ago. They said because I'm high risk I have to go to different clinic. But...they're a OB clinic? They didn't even have a dr come talk to me. Wtf? I don't know what to think.

Is it true that my body could miscarry this baby because of an early abortion I had years ago?? When I say early, I mean i did it as early as they'd allow. And I passed it fine. I feel like they just didn't want to deal with "someone like me".

Sorry for the rant. It just left me wondering if it's true. I have to wait two weeks before the referral goes through. Who knows how long before first appointment. If I was so high risk why would they do that??

That's absolute rubbish, no reason for you to be high risk. Unfortunately, I think you are right, as they are Catholic they just don't way to deal with you because you've had one.

That's hypocritical religion for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->