August 2016 watermelons!

Congratulations on the scans ladies, helping me stay calm while awaiting my first appt (still unsure whether I'll even get a scan) if not I've already decided I'll go pay out of pocket for a private scan.

I had nausea every day last week during week 6, now all of a sudden this week...NOTHING! No cramping, no nausea. I'm so worried!

Does anyone else plan on buying a doppler?

I don't think we will. I think it would stress me out more than anything. I tend to get obsessed about things like this and I just want to relax. But I say this now.... pregnant ladies have been known to change their mind about a thousand times.

Our friends have one.... I have a feeling the husband might want to borrow it at some point.

Congratulations on the scans ladies, helping me stay calm while awaiting my first appt (still unsure whether I'll even get a scan) if not I've already decided I'll go pay out of pocket for a private scan.

I had nausea every day last week during week 6, now all of a sudden this week...NOTHING! No cramping, no nausea. I'm so worried!

Hi s.owens, I had the exact experience you are having. I was in my 6th week last week and felt terrible. I slept most of the week, it felt like. This week I am feeling surprisingly great. I told my doc and the nurse about it before my scan and they said to take feeling good. My little nugget was better than fine and I bet yours will be too :)

I don't think we will. I think it would stress me out more than anything. I tend to get obsessed about things like this and I just want to relax. But I say this now.... pregnant ladies have been known to change their mind about a thousand times.

Our friends have one.... I have a feeling the husband might want to borrow it at some point.

DITTO what fairy said. (it would stress me out and I'd be searching for it constantly.) my husband on the other hd is pretty low key about the pregnancy so far and probably wouldn't really care to spend the money. At our ultrasound I was like, well babe, what do you think? Because he was absolutely silent just staring at the screen watching the heart flicker haha. He's happy he is just not very emotional outwardly, unless he's being a grump. :)

Congrats lilmiss and gypsy!! I really hope my appointment tomorrow goes just as well. I was hoping to take a video of the baby on the screen so I can play back the heartbeat. Hopefully they'll let me!

I have a Doppler, though last time I bought it after the baby's heartbeat had stopped. So of course I could never find a heartbeat, so I'm nervous to use it again when I get farther along. Not to say that anyone else shouldn't use it but I'm just not sure I will based on my past experience.

Ok, I have had a similar experience with symptoms. Last week from Tuesday through Friday, I felt stronger symptoms and especially Friday. Then starting over the weekend I felt really good. My rare nausea just consists of me feeling like I could gag. But it's rare. Most of the time during work I can forget about the whole thing. So of course I worry because last time I didn't have many symptoms. This is maybe slightly more than last time and a bit different, but I wish I would feel pregnant more consistently.

Oh, I've also had two baby dreams this week. Last night it was a dream of me looking at a 3D color scan of the baby and trying to study and memorize its little face :). Earlier in the week, it was a dream of me holding a baby girl and kissing her little cheeks. It wasn't my baby, but in my dream I was thinking that soon I'd have a baby just like this. I don't remember having positive baby dreams last time, so I'm hoping it's a good sign!

I'm totally fine not feeling nauseous!! Mine stopped for 2 weeks but is back now, but very mild. I've started to get a bit dizzy again too toward the end of the day when I need sleep.

Feeling kind of weird sitting in limbo right now but adjusting to the possible outcome of this pregnancy. I go back in for another beta test today to see if my levels are rising which I've read that at this point may not mean much either way.

I haven't been able to find an ultrasound image that looks like the one we had and I'm confused. They said there were two yolk sacs and then there was this round thing right in the bottom middle of yhe gestational sac but no heartbeat. I have a retroverted uterus and I'm wondering if the tech didn't have enough experience although she sounded like she did.

I'm probably looking for hope right now when maybe I shouldn't but I am feeling more at peace with what's going on today. I just don't like being in limbo.

hh - I know the feeling of limbo, it sucks waiting. Really hoping for you, but it's good that you are preparing yourself at the same time. Many hugs.

I am so pissed off at my parents!!!!!! Last night we were at hubby's grandparent's house for dinner, and his grandma told him that he heard from somebody that I was pregnant. Apparently my dad told somebody at church. We're just lucky the grandparents knew about it, because a lot of his family doesn't!! We've barely told anybody this time, and it makes me mad my parents are going around telling people that I really could care less if they know or not! So I text my mom and told her that we were NOT happy about it. She said they've been telling select people, and that she thought we were telling everyone after our ultrasound. NO CLUE where she got that idea, because I NEVER SAID THAT!!! I am so livid with them right now. They better not have told the rest of our family, because that's OUR news to tell, not theirs!! And after last time, I don't want to have tons of people to explain to if we lose it! I am so upset.

hh- I am sorry you are going through this hun. :hugs::hugs:

fairy- I would be really mad too my mother announced for me last pregnancy and while I did not suffer a loss so it is not the same at all it upset me to take my news. She got really pissed at me this time because after I had the bleed and the emergency scan she asked if she could tell everyone since there was a HB I said NO! I love you mom but this is still scary to me im not sure what will happen and its our news to share. I was so upset that SHE was mad at me... like seriously? :dohh: I did ask her to please not be like that because she is the first person I called and told and she was important to me. She chilled after and apologized. I know she is just excited.

Usaf - that's so cruddy she got mad at you! I'm glad she apologized. I know parents get excited too, but they really need to chill out and give us time to announce the news ourselves!

Fairy- I would be so pissed. We've only told our immediate family and I told 2 friends and I'm sure they are talking about it but I'm trying not to think about it, cause I'm trying to keep it really private in case the worst would happen. I can't imagine just hearing a rumor about yourself!

Back from my scan and we finally have some good news! After three back to back losses I think it is official to say that we're expecting baby #3! Scan showed baby measuring a bit ahead at 7w1d putting my due date at August 24th and a healthy heartbeat of 152 bpm. It was the most beautiful heartbeat, just flickering away on the screen!

Such wonderful news!! At mine, the first thing the tech saw was the heartbeat but it took my eyes a minute to realize what I was seeing. Congrats on a great scan.

Thanks, Gypsy! Congrats on your scan too and a healthy little bean :)

{{hhimayy}} those are hugs. I'm really sorry. I can only imagine what you are feeling. I send you my best and wishes for a positive outcome in the long run.

Fairy - the folks we told would be in big trouble if that happened. Sorry - that is annoying!!

USAF - wow! That's hard. She's lucky you are so understanding :) You did a good job explaining the why.

So sadly, I have one family member that I would have wanted to tell first but she really just wouldn't be able to help herself from sharing my news for me...and to the wrong people who mentally I just cannot deal with right now. So she won't know until right before I reveal the news to the world.Makes me a little sad that I have to manage it that way but it is best in the long run!

Aside...happy weekend, people! I hope everyone gets to do some relaxing!

I just finished eating at the gym...trying to psych myself into actually putting the gym clothes on and exercising :) ha. We'll see!

Congrats lilmiss and gypsy!! I really hope my appointment tomorrow goes just as well. I was hoping to take a video of the baby on the screen so I can play back the heartbeat. Hopefully they'll let me!

I have a Doppler, though last time I bought it after the baby's heartbeat had stopped. So of course I could never find a heartbeat, so I'm nervous to use it again when I get farther along. Not to say that anyone else shouldn't use it but I'm just not sure I will based on my past experience.

Ok, I have had a similar experience with symptoms. Last week from Tuesday through Friday, I felt stronger symptoms and especially Friday. Then starting over the weekend I felt really good. My rare nausea just consists of me feeling like I could gag. But it's rare. Most of the time during work I can forget about the whole thing. So of course I worry because last time I didn't have many symptoms. This is maybe slightly more than last time and a bit different, but I wish I would feel pregnant more consistently.

Oh, I've also had two baby dreams this week. Last night it was a dream of me looking at a 3D color scan of the baby and trying to study and memorize its little face :). Earlier in the week, it was a dream of me holding a baby girl and kissing her little cheeks. It wasn't my baby, but in my dream I was thinking that soon I'd have a baby just like this. I don't remember having positive baby dreams last time, so I'm hoping it's a good sign!

ksquared - how did things go today??

My sickness has been coming and going since the beginning of 5 weeks. Yesterday I felt like death but today I managed to go without my Sea Bands on for almost half the day without the urge to vomit so I wouldn't worry too much. The cramping too is off and on. I only really notice it if I'm thinking about it, if that makes sense, or if I overexert myself. I'm sure everything is fine :)

I had a Doppler when I was pregnant with DS and it was very confusing. I kept picking up my own heartbeat half the time, the other half I would pick up varying heart rates and kept worrying because it would be 145 in one place of my belly and 157 in another.

Feeling kind of weird sitting in limbo right now but adjusting to the possible outcome of this pregnancy. I go back in for another beta test today to see if my levels are rising which I've read that at this point may not mean much either way.

I haven't been able to find an ultrasound image that looks like the one we had and I'm confused. They said there were two yolk sacs and then there was this round thing right in the bottom middle of yhe gestational sac but no heartbeat. I have a retroverted uterus and I'm wondering if the tech didn't have enough experience although she sounded like she did.

I'm probably looking for hope right now when maybe I shouldn't but I am feeling more at peace with what's going on today. I just don't like being in limbo.

When I miscarried, the ultrasound showed an enlarged yolk sac, but not two yolk sacs. How far along are you? Is it possible you could be pregnant with multiples? Maybe the second baby is too small to be seen yet, especially if the first one doesn't have a heartbeat yet. I've heard of people having super early scans and not seeing much, then when they go back for a second scan they find two babies with heartbeats!

I am so pissed off at my parents!!!!!! Last night we were at hubby's grandparent's house for dinner, and his grandma told him that he heard from somebody that I was pregnant. Apparently my dad told somebody at church. We're just lucky the grandparents knew about it, because a lot of his family doesn't!! We've barely told anybody this time, and it makes me mad my parents are going around telling people that I really could care less if they know or not! So I text my mom and told her that we were NOT happy about it. She said they've been telling select people, and that she thought we were telling everyone after our ultrasound. NO CLUE where she got that idea, because I NEVER SAID THAT!!! I am so livid with them right now. They better not have told the rest of our family, because that's OUR news to tell, not theirs!! And after last time, I don't want to have tons of people to explain to if we lose it! I am so upset.

Fairy I completely understand how you're feeling. My mother did the same thing to me with this pregnancy. I would have been more angry with her if it were my first though. That is inexcusable that he told. I also can relate to not wanting to tell people until you know the pregnancy is going well. I don't plan to announce until Valentine's Day and my mother has already told half her family so I really hope nothing goes wrong this time, or I'm having her explain it to them. Since she spilled the beans in the first place it is only fair that she can clean them up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->