August 2016 watermelons!

I'm so sorry HH :hugs: you're in my thoughts, loss is such a hard thing to go through

Is anyone else having trouble connecting with this pregnancy? My husband hasn't mentioned it since I told him and doesn't even respond when I talk about how I'm feeling. I think he's super guarded since we've had 2 losses in the past. I've always told my mom right when I found out and at least a friend but I'm finding myself without a friend to tell and for some reason I haven't told my mom. Symptoms are ebbing and flowing so of course I freak when I feel decent. I feel pregnant for sure but I'm not feeling thus pregnancy. Does that make any sense?

I felt connected at the beginning, but now I don't feel much of anything. It's not because I think anything is wrong, I guess it's just hard to believe I'm growing a life inside me. Plus haven't seen the baby in almost 2 weeks, I need to see her again to know she's still alive. I think I have more of a peace over it this time, so I'm not holding on so tight.

It's normal to be guarded and to not want to tell anyone. I've wanted to tell much less people this time than last time, because of our loss before.

Yeah. An ultrasound would help. I'm waiting for my referral from tricare to see an ob out in town. Then I'll make an appointment and know when I'll get a scan. I'll be a nervous wreck until then unless I'm sick as a dog.

Part of me just feels bad for the baby that they aren't as celebrated as my other two were. I might tell my mom just so I can share some joy.

Kat Tricare should have you seen soon. They had me go in at 7 weeks to confirm and I had a scan. But seeing an actual dr takes awhile. At first they were going to have me wait until I was 12 weeks to be seen but I made a stink about needing genetic testing since I'm over 35. Now they're seeing me at almost 10 weeks. This Friday! They won't let me go out in town though unless I get a ROFER. Whatever that is.

But anyway, yea, I've been feeling disconnected with this pregnancy. I think maybe incase something bad happens. Im sure once I start feeling movement I'll start bonding. I haven't had symptoms so I just don't feel pregnant at all.

I'm having trouble. I think it's because I really don't want to be hurt if something goes wrong. It already took so long, and caused me so much pain and heartache doing fertility, to lose this baby would mean unimaginable pain. My husband is like so excited, a kid in a candy store. He talks about getting baby's room ready and how we have so much to buy and is already thinking ahead like "oh no we won't want to do that when its June or July because you will be uncomfortable with it that pregnant" and I just feel somber when he's happy like that. I think of all the bad things and how hurt he would be if something happens. I don't want to buy anything or look at anything or even talk about making plans until I'm 14 weeks. It really weighs on me. I should be over the moon but I am just scared really.

Hey ladies, I missed my 9 week post because I spent the day in the ER. I have been having right side/stomach burning and pain. I was worried it was my liver but they did a scan on that and my kidneys and both looked fine. My mom has me freaking out that it might be the start of appendicitis because they symptoms are similar. :dohh: So she told me to watch to see what else happens for now. I am going to call for a follow up appointment because I really just for once want to feel like im safe and ok. I have had so much stuff happen to me health wise in the last two months I am abit overwhelmed. I have my silly nurse consult thing on weds and will know my actual appointment and scan date then. I am tired of waiting to know if everything is ok.

I feel like that too. The nausea and dizzy speels are awful and it doesn't help. Apart from that, I don't know... I guess I have to concentrate on my son because the little bean is ok and doesn't need my attention. But I don't know, DH keeps asking when are we announcing it on facebook and stuff like that but I don't fel like doing anything really.... Definitely not as excited as I was with my first. Weird to explain.

I bought my first pair of maternity trousers at the weekend. I needed a black pair for work, the ones I had are the tight type and no button so the elastic pressing against my belly was making nausea worse even though it still fit. Not planning on buying anything else for a while. Well... We bought a superking sized bed. We have a double at the moment ans when my 2 year old comes at night it is soo uncomfortable and with the new baby on the way we decided to get a new one. Hope I can sleep better from now one

My doctor doesn't see patients until 8-10 weeks. They do an ultrasound on the first visit. Then maybe blood work? I thought it was pretty much a given unless you opt out. She made it sound like it depends on the situation. I'll get more information when I see a doctor.

It's hard to juggle guarding ourselves and being excited at the same time. I wish we had a crystal ball that told us what was going to happen. Then we'd be prepared and know what was headed our way.
USAF, hope they gave you something for pain or that it's subsided. Sending you healthy thoughts.

7 weeks today! So excited!

I was getting a little worried because my nausea pretty much went away last week, but this morning has been brutal so far. Still no actual vomiting though. Severe nausea, gagging and dry heaving but that's it.

Glad for all you ladies who've had your scans! I won't find out when mine is until my major prenatal appointment with my doctor on the 26th. I'm assuming it will be around 12 weeks since that's pretty standard here unless there's a cause for concern.

Good morning.

I'm sort of jumping in here. I was looking for an August or Summer thread and thanks to 1nceUponATime for reaching out, I've decided to join in. I hope that's OK.

A little about me. My name is Terra, I'm 35, this is my second baby via IVF, I live in Scottsdale, AZ with my husband of nearly 10 years. My EDD is 8/4 and I will be having a c-section die to an emergency c with my first. My doc mentioned a date of 7/28 which is my birthday. I should also mention my son was born on May 10th so his b-day occassionally falls on Mother's Day. I think I'm a pretty lucky momma!

Welcome Teein!

And thanks 1nce! I can't believe I'm already 9 weeks!

Molly - I feel the same way. I'm excited that I'm expecting again especially after suffering RLs but I'm not as eager to spread the joy as I was with my first and second babies. I don't know if the losses had anything to do with that or if it is just because this is my third.

Kat - Since I've miscarried, that is why I get an early scan, otherwise my doctor wouldn't see me until at least 9/10 weeks as well and even then may not give me an ultrasound until 20 weeks as long as there were no pregnancy complications like concerning bleeding.

Happy 7 weeks Teein and 9 weeks Holliems!

I'm going through a routine with the nausea that I noticed in past pregnancies where one day I'm perfectly fine, the next day my gag reflex is very sensitive and the third day I'm trying every trick in the book to keep myself from tossing my cookies. I can always tell when my hormones have doubled just from how I'm feeling that day.

Welcome Terra!

I decided to tell a coworker today that I'm pregnant, because she's such a sweet lady and we talked a lot when I was pregnant before. She was there for me to talk about the mmc etc. She's trusthworthy. She told me she already knew, because my complexion changed. You know, the pregnancy "glow" and everything. I'm beginning to just not care who knows, because they all know anyway. She knew, almost all my friends knew. And if they didn't legitimately know, they'd always assume just because we tried before. I just wanna say forget it and just tell everybody. Apparently I can't hide anything, it's plain as day.

It's amazing how everybody's doc does things differently. At my place, the docs see you at 7 weeks regardless. I was seen this time at 6.5, maybe because I had a mcc. But I was 2 days shy of 7 weeks, and same with last time.

My friend lives a half hour from me and went to a doc at the hospital which does them at 8 weeks.

I have a cold :(. Anyone know any remedies while pregnant? My ears are blocked up and hurt and my nose all stuffy . I feel yucky.

You could buy some eucalyptus essential oil (dilute it in a carrier oil) and put onto the bottoms of your feet. The internet says eucalyptus is safe in pregnancy, but you can check with your doc to be sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->