August 2016 watermelons!

I hope we can hold out, but we were thinking of having them put baby's gender into an envelope and giving it to a friend. We want to make something to shoot that blows up pink or blue colored powder. Our friend could add the color without our knowing what it is, we'd buy both and return the one not used. Our friends have some property that we go shooting on. I thought it'd be fun to make a little party out of it and record/photograph it for our announcement.

We did something like that when I was pregnant with my DS. We had the tech put the gender scan in an envelope since it was so close to Christmas and we opened it on Christmas day since all the family was there. It was an exciting time!

Everything is perfect! Doc says he has no concerns. My next appt is in a month and he'll just do the doppler and bloodwork. Next ultrasound won't be until 20 weeks! Yikes!

Doc let us take a video of the heartbeat <3. I asked him about heart rate and he said he doesn't measure it until later, but assured me it was normal. Baby caught up the couple days and is measuring spot on at 8w5d.

Awe! What an adorable little bean <3 I already see some limbs! :happydance:

It's weird that he wouldn't tell you the heartbeat. That is one thing I always pester out of the ultrasound techs lol. My next ultrasound probably won't be until 20 weeks either because my next appointment isn't until I'll be about 12 weeks which sucks. I will be anxious until then. I guess we'll know everything is going ok when I start feeling movement before then.

I spent 8 hrs in the ER yesterday. They diagnosed me with hyperemesis gravidarum. My ketones were very high and I had elevated liver enzymes. After countless number of IV bags with phenergan, my levels finally came back normal and I was discharged.

They sent me home with a prescription for phenergan suppository since I can't keep anything down. My pharmacy didn't have it and said they would tomorrow. I spent another miserable day at home. I have an appetite so I eat very small meals, but I inevitably throw it back up. I'm also still spitting every 2 to 3 minutes like clockwork. It's hard to stay hydrated. I feel completely drained of all energy. If it weren't for DH, who has been doing a great job taking care of me, the kids and the chores, I'd be a complete basket case.

Hope everyone is doing better than I am. Looking forward to seeing more awesome scans from you ladies. Take care.

I was kinda thinking you would end up being diagnosed with hyperemesis I am sorry hun its really rough.:hugs::hugs:

Well, looks like we'll be doing the genetic blood test that also tells you the gender. Doc mentioned it today and hubby wants to do it. I figure since I hate giving blood and since they are already taking some at next appt, we might as well just do it. So we'll know gender early, and it will be 100% sure. Doc says even if insurance doesn't cover it, it won't cost us more than $99. That's doable for us.

Everything is perfect! Doc says he has no concerns. My next appt is in a month and he'll just do the doppler and bloodwork. Next ultrasound won't be until 20 weeks! Yikes!

Doc let us take a video of the heartbeat <3. I asked him about heart rate and he said he doesn't measure it until later, but assured me it was normal. Baby caught up the couple days and is measuring spot on at 8w5d.

Grats hun :) :baby:

Congrats, tani and fairy on the beautiful scans!!

Gypsy - oh my goodness, I'm so sorry you're dealing with such awful sickness. I'm glad you've got some medicine and your hubs is taking care of everything for you.

Afm - Nausea has hit me pretty strongly beginning yesterday. I haven't thrown up, but I was super close this morning I even ran to the toilet. The nausea has been pretty much constant. I've been wearing sea bands and I think they're helping a little bit. I also had a Coke at lunch and the bubbles felt good. DH is out right now getting me specific foods from the store that I want for breakfast, and spaghetti and meatballs from takeout because that's what sounds good right now. I think he's happy to take care of his pregnant wife, lol. And feeling like this makes me feel like this baby will make it so that's a positive. :) 8 weeks tomorrow!

Yay fairy so glad bambino is baking as should.

Sorry about the hg gypsy. Im must be just shitty to feel that awful all the time. Hope it passes quickly for you

I feel so bad for those that are feeling sick. I hope you all start to feel better soon!

I've woken up again in the middle of the night and can't get back to sleep. This is so annoying. Anybody else having this problem?

Ksquared- happy 8 weeks!!

Fairy- I have been getting a crappy night sleep every night, I wake up like 5x it's so annoying! Also, that sounds so cheap for the free cell blood work!! I heard it was like 700+ dollars out of pocket!!!

My sleep is shocking. I strugglr to get to sleep then once i am i cant stay asleep. If its not just tossing its needing to pee

1nce - my doc said it was around $1,000 here, but the company made a deal with them or something and they offer it at affordable prices. Don't really know the details how, but I think it's awesome! He said we might get billed for the full amount and told us not to pay it. I'll have to figure out how that works later on.

Tani - I hear you on the peeing too. If I'm not awake for no reason, I'm awake ro get up to use the bathroom.

Gypsy I hope your sickness passes soon. Sounds horrible. Glad you have hubby's support though.

This thread moves so quickly, it's hard to keep up.

Do you ladies have a pregnancy pillow? I just got one and I've noticed that I am sleeping more sound and waking up less to go to the bathroom. Maybe 2 times instead of 4. I don't know if the pillow is taking off some of the pressure or what, but it's been amazing since I've had it.

Gyspy - I am so sorry to hear you are going through such a hard time right now. I hope it all eases up for you soon.

I sleep like crap now and if anything wakes me up I can't get back to sleep for hours. I also randomly am just like oh its 3am time to be up now... THANKS BODY! So I totally understand your pain!

Tee - what pillow did you get? One of those full body pillows? I've been thinking about getting one, I need all the help with sleep I can get. I hear they are super comfy. My friend suggested when our bellies get big, to get a small wedge to put under tummy. She says it helps a lot later on.

I've been considering a pregnancy pillow but I was assuming they were only helpful late in pregnancy ? Is there benefits to having one in the first trimester?

1nce - with everything stretching, etc it supports your back and hips more than sleeping normal. Sleeping with a body pillow is really the ideal way to sleep, pregnant or not. When I herniated my disc, I couldn't sleep without one. My back hurts less in the morning when I sleep with one, but I've gotten out of the habit.

Someone I know got this one and said it's comfy. I've had it on my wishlist for months. You can find it on amazon - Leachco Snoogle Total Body Pillow, White. It gets good reviews.

Attachments

• body pillow.jpg
    body pillow.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe