August 2016 watermelons!

I'm so jealous of your scans, I haven't even called my OB yet!

Yayyyy Tani! I commented on your journal too :)

I don't think we'll do the blood test, even though it'd be nice to find out the sex. I don't think my insurance covers it unless we have a genetic factor, which we don't.

So happy for all the upcoming scans! I won't have my next scan until 18 weeks.

Is anyone here having the free cell DNA blood testing instead of the NT scan for the Down Syndrome testing? Because I am "high risk" (I'm 35) I am ding the new blood test that's out there for Down Syndrome and it will also give me the sex of the baby. My appointment is on 1/26. I can't believe I will find out the sex of the baby at just 13 weeks!

Pretty sure this is what I'm getting. Still not sure if I want to know the gender. I wanted to be surprised with our last one but my husband wanted to know. I'd like to be surprised but I'd also like to know what I need to prepare.

Great scans, ladies! I found a clinic that will do a free viability scan! They're seeing me on Thursday which is awesome because I'm still waiting for my ob referral. Fingers crossed that my husband is off work in time to watch the kiddos.

On a non-pregnancy note, I just found out my oldest has head lice! I spent 2 hours at the Navy hospital getting a shampoo I thought was better than OTC, come to find out it's the same thing! Ugh. Oh well, at least it's free :D

I was thinking of having the scan tech put baby's gender photo in an envelope for DH and I to open while out to dinner or something. I dunno. I want it to be fun though. Does anyone else plan on finding out gender outside the clinic?

I was thinking of having the scan tech put baby's gender photo in an envelope for DH and I to open while out to dinner or something. I dunno. I want it to be fun though. Does anyone else plan on finding out gender outside the clinic?

I'm going to ask a friend to take the envelope with the results and go have a cake made for us to cut with friends :) I will pay for the cake.

I love the opening envelope at dinner idea though. That is a lot less required coordination.

The other really cute reveal I saw recently involved some of our friends out in VA having a balloon filled with confetti (so pink or blue). They had a picnic and mom and dad popped the balloon for the reveal. It resulted in a great keepsake video and pics along with a fun sharing experience ;)

We have a heartbeat baby was waving and kicking. My dates were pretty spot on, docs have us at 11+1 with edd of 1st aug. This means we need a rescan but thats not a big shame
https://i1381.photobucket.com/albums/ah227/tanyagoodin91/Mobile%20Uploads/20160112_175036_zpsaetdxwhc.jpg

Nice looking scan, Tani :) :)

It was amazing. Oh was beaming and really excited. I couldnt bring myself to look untill she said theres a heartbeat. Rescan us on 26th jan. And we'll be booking a gender scan around 4 weeks after that. Then the 20 weeks will be about 3 weeka from that so eek yay

I hope we can hold out, but we were thinking of having them put baby's gender into an envelope and giving it to a friend. We want to make something to shoot that blows up pink or blue colored powder. Our friend could add the color without our knowing what it is, we'd buy both and return the one not used. Our friends have some property that we go shooting on. I thought it'd be fun to make a little party out of it and record/photograph it for our announcement.

Oh Tani - what a perfect pic of the LO

Holliems and 1nce - I was shocked when my OB office told me about it. Just two years ago when I was pregnant with Noah they didn't have it available. I'm excited, but a little bummed I won't be able to see the little peanut.

Everything is perfect! Doc says he has no concerns. My next appt is in a month and he'll just do the doppler and bloodwork. Next ultrasound won't be until 20 weeks! Yikes!

Doc let us take a video of the heartbeat <3. I asked him about heart rate and he said he doesn't measure it until later, but assured me it was normal. Baby caught up the couple days and is measuring spot on at 8w5d.

Attachments

• 2016-01-12 16.58.14-480x715.jpg
    2016-01-12 16.58.14-480x715.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 15
Everything is perfect! Doc says he has no concerns. My next appt is in a month and he'll just do the doppler and bloodwork. Next ultrasound won't be until 20 weeks! Yikes!

Doc let us take a video of the heartbeat <3. I asked him about heart rate and he said he doesn't measure it until later, but assured me it was normal. Baby caught up the couple days and is measuring spot on at 8w5d.

:happydance:
:woohoo:

That's awesome!! :) So happy for ya.

Such great u/s pics!!!!!!! So glad everything is great Fairycat

Glad everything turned out great! Cute pic! I see feet!

I soo hope they scan me Friday! I'm stuck between buying a Doppler or using the money for another scan. Leaning towards a scan...

I spent 8 hrs in the ER yesterday. They diagnosed me with hyperemesis gravidarum. My ketones were very high and I had elevated liver enzymes. After countless number of IV bags with phenergan, my levels finally came back normal and I was discharged.

They sent me home with a prescription for phenergan suppository since I can't keep anything down. My pharmacy didn't have it and said they would tomorrow. I spent another miserable day at home. I have an appetite so I eat very small meals, but I inevitably throw it back up. I'm also still spitting every 2 to 3 minutes like clockwork. It's hard to stay hydrated. I feel completely drained of all energy. If it weren't for DH, who has been doing a great job taking care of me, the kids and the chores, I'd be a complete basket case.

Hope everyone is doing better than I am. Looking forward to seeing more awesome scans from you ladies. Take care.

Thanks everyone!!!

Gypsy - sorry you are going through all that :( that'd be so tough to deal with. Hope it doesn't last too long.

Glad everything turned out great! Cute pic! I see feet!

I soo hope they scan me Friday! I'm stuck between buying a Doppler or using the money for another scan. Leaning towards a scan...
I know!!! Isn't that little foot so freaking adorable!? I hope you get a scan on Friday! Your mind needs to be put at ease. If they don't do one, ask for one. My doc always tells me if it's driving me crazy that I can't see my baby and know everything is ok to let him know and he'll do an u/s. I can imagine most docs would do that for you if they are any good.

Sorry you're feeling so bad Gypsy :/

Fairy you're lucky to have such a great dr. I'm pretty sure, because I'll be going to a military clinic, I'll be seeing a different dr at every visit. If they don't scan me Friday, I have another appointment on the 27th at the Fetal Assessment Unit and I'm pretty sure they're going to scan the baby's heart.

I spent 8 hrs in the ER yesterday. They diagnosed me with hyperemesis gravidarum. My ketones were very high and I had elevated liver enzymes. After countless number of IV bags with phenergan, my levels finally came back normal and I was discharged.

They sent me home with a prescription for phenergan suppository since I can't keep anything down. My pharmacy didn't have it and said they would tomorrow. I spent another miserable day at home. I have an appetite so I eat very small meals, but I inevitably throw it back up. I'm also still spitting every 2 to 3 minutes like clockwork. It's hard to stay hydrated. I feel completely drained of all energy. If it weren't for DH, who has been doing a great job taking care of me, the kids and the chores, I'd be a complete basket case.

Hope everyone is doing better than I am. Looking forward to seeing more awesome scans from you ladies. Take care.

Gypsy, I'm so sorry that sounds absolutely miserable. I'm glad your hubby has stepped up to help out with the kids. I hope the suppositories help and that you can find a long term plan to help you feel better and keep the nutrients in you that you need. My thoughts are with you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->